Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Spaham for sale in the realms?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sleyvas Posted - 23 May 2017 : 20:23:55
I was thinking about Mushika, Ganesha's mount, and it made me think of something. If one had a hankering for it, is there anywhere in the realms that one might be able to find spaham meat for sale?

waits for the great wooly one's response.
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 21 Jun 2017 : 14:03:02
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

quote:

I've got the red wizards breeding giant rats for sale... I'll be damned if I never realized that a gnomish spelljammer once crashed there and released a whole load of giant space hamsters that have bred wild [:-)].

Red Wizards have spelljamming presence either way(see Quad of Thay). And tinker gnomes are from the neighbouring sphere.
And they may be interested, if only because the Ethereal Giant Space Hamster has good potential as a lab animal (due to being transparent).

Oh wow, this is perfect. I had not actually heard of the Quad of Thay, but the idea that they in essence have small, very fast ships able to fly in wildspace at double normal helm speeds is great. So what if they have to stay in realmspace. I have a Netherese enclave in orbit (the doubloon enclave) that can turn invisible, and now a bunch of these quad ships for transporting say a red wizard and his 3 body guards to the surface. Yeah, they'll also have the occasional flying ship, but maybe they sail those into shore near Osse.

Hmmm, actually, just read more on this quad. Its operated by 4 wizards, but it can carry a crew of 63, so an even better look for my red wizards visiting Osse to carry agriculture up to their captured netherese enclave in orbit.
TBeholder Posted - 20 Jun 2017 : 22:13:02
quote:

Oh wow, this is perfect. I had not actually heard of the Quad of Thay, but the idea that they in essence have small, very fast ships able to fly in wildspace at double normal helm speeds is great.

It's on the larger side of the scale for some reason (size vs. stats isn't very consistent) - 63 SJt, though essential crew is only 10.
quote:
So what if they have to stay in realmspace.

A small ship with major helm still can tow it through the Flow, if necessary.
quote:
I have a Netherese enclave in orbit (the doubloon enclave) that can turn invisible

Why not just pick a stone in the Tears of Selune, dig it out and make its surface look (hallucinatory terrain, etc) even more empty and unappealing than it is?

quote:
Originally posted by AuldDragon

I've never liked the Quad's description and connection to Thay. The idea that Thayan mages are flitting about in Wildspace in such a way to specifically avoid encounters so they can perform magical research without interruptions doesn't strike me as particularly Thayan. I would expect the Thayans to operate much the way the Netherese were described:

Thayans are arrogant, but not obliviously arrogant like the Netherese.
They know they are not the only big fish around.
quote:
Trying to capture and study strange life forms and performing magical experimentation on them, attempting to gain new magics and equipment for use against Aglarond and their other neighbors, etc.

Sure, but that's best done if one keeps a low profile, rather than asks for unnecessary run-ins with elves, illithids and so on.
Buy a few bombards, try to make more on their own, yes, that's more like it.
quote:
I would expect them to specifically be trying to figure out what they can exploit in Wildspace (and beyond) for personal and national gain back on Toril.

Of course, but which Red Wizards would get there?
Imperialists have interests closer to the home and are too busy there to throw resources into wildspace.
Researchers, most likely. But they would rather create enclaves, hideouts and other lairs/stashes/connections away from the rivals (and preferably with access to unusual resources), not make themselves targets first and think whether it was worth it later.
AuldDragon Posted - 20 Jun 2017 : 18:00:31
quote:

quote:

Red Wizards have spelljamming presence either way(see Quad of Thay). And tinker gnomes are from the neighbouring sphere.
And they may be interested, if only because the Ethereal Giant Space Hamster has good potential as a lab animal (due to being transparent).

Oh wow, this is perfect. I had not actually heard of the Quad of Thay, but the idea that they in essence have small, very fast ships able to fly in wildspace at double normal helm speeds is great. So what if they have to stay in realmspace. I have a Netherese enclave in orbit (the doubloon enclave) that can turn invisible, and now a bunch of these quad ships for transporting say a red wizard and his 3 body guards to the surface. Yeah, they'll also have the occasional flying ship, but maybe they sail those into shore near Osse.

I've never liked the Quad's description and connection to Thay. The idea that Thayan mages are flitting about in Wildspace in such a way to specifically avoid encounters so they can perform magical research without interruptions doesn't strike me as particularly Thayan. I would expect the Thayans to operate much the way the Netherese were described: Trying to capture and study strange life forms and performing magical experimentation on them, attempting to gain new magics and equipment for use against Aglarond and their other neighbors, etc. I would expect them to specifically be trying to figure out what they can exploit in Wildspace (and beyond) for personal and national gain back on Toril.

Jeff
hashimashadoo Posted - 20 Jun 2017 : 15:07:45
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Is 'Spam' the British version of 'Hotdogs'?

In other words, its 'meat' (don't ask whats in it... you don't really want to know...)

Basically, yes. It was originally a defined thing but then became a general term for all pork products even though the defined thing still existed.
sleyvas Posted - 20 Jun 2017 : 13:53:28
quote:

quote:

I've got the red wizards breeding giant rats for sale... I'll be damned if I never realized that a gnomish spelljammer once crashed there and released a whole load of giant space hamsters that have bred wild [:-)].

TBeholder Posted - 18 Jun 2017 : 18:59:14
quote:

sleyvas Posted - 14 Jun 2017 : 23:34:34
Holy cr@p, I'm a dummy.... I'm populating Katashaka with cat folk of various sorts, muislings of various sorts (rat folk, mouse folk, meerkat/weasel type folk), and a bunch of other beastly humanoids.... I've got the red wizards breeding giant rats for sale... I'll be damned if I never realized that a gnomish spelljammer once crashed there and released a whole load of giant space hamsters that have bred wild [:-)]. Let me hunt down the actual information on how big these puppies are.... wonder if some of them got loose in the interior where the giant Kaiju... ahem... nyamma-numo are roaming.
sleyvas Posted - 06 Jun 2017 : 18:52:58
hmmmm, Chunming... interesting, I'd never looked at where that city was.
TBeholder Posted - 06 Jun 2017 : 15:24:25
Probably in all ports with spelljamming traffic now and then. The Dock, Chunming, Rauthaven, Waterdeep, Calimport, Huzuz...
Evermeet won't let the gnomes in, however.
Eltheron Posted - 05 Jun 2017 : 01:25:05
But do you have a stir-fry pineapple and spaham, over rice with a light soy sauce?

*gets out big spoon* :)

Markustay Posted - 26 May 2017 : 17:27:14
Is 'Spam' the British version of 'Hotdogs'?

In other words, its 'meat' (don't ask whats in it... you don't really want to know...)
moonbeast Posted - 26 May 2017 : 06:24:49
And I bet none of you would believe that I actually ordered a can of Unicorn Meat (from ThinkGeek)….. and no, please don't ask me how it tastes. I haven't dared to open the Spam-like can yet.

http://a.tgcdn.net/images/products/zoom/e5a7_canned_unicorn_meat.jpg
moonbeast Posted - 26 May 2017 : 06:20:54

Must I travel to far Kara-Tur to get some Spaham musubi?

Or do I travel to the Western Isles instead?! So confused….

Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 May 2017 : 14:10:36
quote:

Well, since I'm in a spaham kind of mood and this is talk of spelljammer... and another thread mentions scro... do you think ground scro is an additive to spaham which gives it its more spicy flavor?

I'll not be the one that tries to put a scro in a meat grinder. They generally find this idea disagreeable.
sleyvas Posted - 24 May 2017 : 12:56:55
Well, since I'm in a spaham kind of mood and this is talk of spelljammer... and another thread mentions scro... do you think ground scro is an additive to spaham which gives it its more spicy flavor?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 May 2017 : 01:49:30
It's the "Band on the Run" article of Dragon 192, specifically, page 20. The article is D&D-themed song parodies; that bit is from Gnomish Space Marines, sung to the tune of Yellow Submarine.

My fondness for that song rather predates me being online, so it predates my usage of the Wooly Rupert moniker, as well. And because it was one of the few songs that I memorized beginning to end, it was a lullaby for my son when he was younger, too.

The other post is a slight tweak to the "Spam" sketch from Monty Python.
sleyvas Posted - 24 May 2017 : 01:13:43
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

"Giant hamsters move the wheels,
and they drive our great machine!
They give us spaham for all our meals,
and bit us only when they're mean!"

Lol, that's good. Is it actually from something?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 May 2017 : 23:44:08
I heard about this eatery in Waterdeep... On their menu, they have egg and bacon; egg, sausage and bacon; egg and spaham; egg, bacon and spaham; egg, bacon, sausage and spaham; spaham, bacon, sausage and spaham; spaham, egg, spaham, spaham, bacon and spaham; spaham, spaham, spaham, egg and spaham; spaham, spaham, spaham, spaham, spaham, spaham, baked beans, spaham, spaham, spaham and spaham; or lobster thermidor aux crevettes, with a mornay sauce garnished with truffle paté, brandy and a fried egg on top and spaham.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 May 2017 : 23:41:23
"Giant hamsters move the wheels,
and they drive our great machine!
They give us spaham for all our meals,
and bit us only when they're mean!"

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000