Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Spoiler request for Twilight War series

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KanzenAU Posted - 08 Apr 2017 : 04:35:24
I'm making my way through the Sundering series at the moment, and have just started on The Godborn. The daunting thing is, there are a LOT of Erevis Cale books before this one, and my reading schedule to get up to date on events is already packed full, probably for the next couple of years, and so while I eventually want to read those books, they're a while off.

Is anyone willing to spoil the major events of Twilight War for me? A google search didn't find much. Feel free to spoil as much as you like, as I find spoilers don't ruin my enjoyment of novel reading (and I do plan to get to these books one day).

Anything that would help understand The Godborn would be appreciated.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CorellonsDevout Posted - 13 Apr 2017 : 18:46:52
I haven't read the short stories, but I read the Erevis Cale and the Twilight Wars trilogy. I realized I had missed some stuff, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the two trilogies. I at least recommend reading those, because, not only are they awesome, but the evetns of Godborn will make more sense.
KanzenAU Posted - 12 Apr 2017 : 05:25:04
I thought I was clear - I do intend to read them. I just don't intend to read them right now, as I'm a DM wanting to focus on more recent events (at least for now).

I wasn't going to post but I just read this in The Godborn and almost spat my coffee all over myself:
quote:
...the water of the downpour as brown as a turd...

Lovely!
Firestorm Posted - 11 Apr 2017 : 20:20:37
quote:
Originally posted by KanzenAU

I'm making my way through the Sundering series at the moment, and have just started on The Godborn. The daunting thing is, there are a LOT of Erevis Cale books before this one, and my reading schedule to get up to date on events is already packed full, probably for the next couple of years, and so while I eventually want to read those books, they're a while off.

Is anyone willing to spoil the major events of Twilight War for me? A google search didn't find much. Feel free to spoil as much as you like, as I find spoilers don't ruin my enjoyment of novel reading (and I do plan to get to these books one day).

Anything that would help understand The Godborn would be appreciated.

you are doing yourself a huge disservice not ready the Erevis Cale books and twilight war books.

They are 10x better than the sundering series as a whole. The Sundering is a scattershot of good books regarding different subjects
charger_ss24 Posted - 08 Apr 2017 : 21:17:55
There aren't a "LOT" of books before The Godborn. There are two trilogies, one stand alone off the top of my head and a couple short stories. Somewhere on here there was a link to an online-only short story on how Erevis Cale got his name. I'll have to try to find it later for you.

I read everything, other than The Godborn, as it wasn't yet out, in reverse order and found it highly entertaining. You should definitely try it!

I'll leave the spoilers to those who can speak more eloquently than I!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000