Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 A Toast to Jamallo Kreen

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Markustay Posted - 03 Apr 2017 : 06:03:32
Well folks, its been eight years since Christian passed. Lets us raise our glasses to the scribes who are no longer with us.

quote:
From Ed Greenwood's 2009 thread, April 5th
Hello again, all scribes. I bring you now these words from Ed:

elfchild,
Thanks very much for telling us all of Christian’s passing.
It has hit me harder than I’d thought, possibly because I’ve lost so many good friends and family these last few years.
If we are wise, in life, we make friends and cultivate them - - be there for them, share experiences with them, stand by them, live life with them. Roleplaying gaming is one way to do that, and it’s why I first played D&D in the Realms, and later shared the Realms with a wider world. It’s certainly not for the money; I’d have made far, far more if I’d done what my grandparents wanted, and become a doctor or a lawyer (both of which I’d probably have been very good at, as it happens). I did it to make friends, and share laughs with them. On one level, it still amazes me when people I’ve never met, from far away around the world, excitedly ask me about this or that detail of a character or place I’ve created, and I become aware of how much IT MATTERS TO THEM. Leaving me awed I did that, somehow.
I, too, will miss Christian’s jests and comments and queries; he was a welcome friend at my fire whenever he appeared. My loss is a trifle compared to yours, and to all who knew him personally and sat down to play D&D with him, yet it is a loss we all feel. I now really KNOW how grownups felt, when I was dragged (in my Sunday best) to small villages to attend funerals as a boy, and one adult would ask another, “How’s old XXX YYY?” and the reply would be a grim: “Remember how hard last winter was? Well, he didn’t make it.” I feel that grimness now.
May Jamallo Kreen be remembered here, may Christian be remembered everywhere. I WILL answer his outstanding questions, for the rest of us to hear the answers and to honour him and because he just might be able to read those responses, somewhere and somehow.
Scribes, let us raise glasses, now and when April rolls around in years to come: to Jammlo Kreen! We shall not forget.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BlackAce Posted - 03 Apr 2018 : 19:40:40
Was saddened to hear of Jamallo/Christian's passing. It was always a pleasure reading his scrolls. Can't believe it's been so long already. Another member sadly missed.
Markustay Posted - 03 Apr 2018 : 18:48:07
Its that time of year again.

Glass raised high! Huzzah!
Markustay Posted - 13 Apr 2017 : 00:22:50
There are places I'll remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever, not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life, I've loved them all

--- The Beatles

Then we raise a glass to them all, Lord Karsus. A glass to them ALL.
Lord Karsus Posted - 12 Apr 2017 : 22:23:29
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

Very sad. Thank you for reminding us. When a board has been around for as long as this one has, well, life happens. And sometimes death. It makes me wonder how many others who have ceased posting over the years didn't have their lives become too busy for Candlekeep, but died instead and we never knew. Sigh.

-One of my jobs is online, and has a lot of back-and-forth with a community. When long standing members suddenly disappear, I often wonder the same and get worried. Hell, even over the years, here and at WotC, the same. So many people, all different situations, all over the world.
The Red Walker Posted - 07 Apr 2017 : 18:51:48
I always enjoyed his scrolls, I can't believe it's been 8 years.

Is there a hall of scribes who have passed on at the keep?

If not, there should be
Alaundo Posted - 06 Apr 2017 : 10:34:46
A truly sad reminder indeed. Fond memories and sadly missed.

Candlekeep remembers it's fallen scribes
Zeromaru X Posted - 06 Apr 2017 : 02:23:32
Is sad I never knew him (being relatively new here), as it seems he was a good influence for most of you. I hope he will be never forgotten.
Darkmeer Posted - 05 Apr 2017 : 02:46:37
May we all be remembered so reverently.
xaeyruudh Posted - 03 Apr 2017 : 19:37:51
Hear, hear! And may we all rise to the challenge of being remembered with such respect.
Brimstone Posted - 03 Apr 2017 : 16:11:27
He lives on in my Realms! Highlore Master Jamallo Kreen.
Gyor Posted - 03 Apr 2017 : 14:25:51
That sad my condolences.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Apr 2017 : 12:03:21
A toast to fallen friends.
The Sage Posted - 03 Apr 2017 : 08:40:23
I fondly remember most of the discussion Jamallo and I had about many and varied Realms topics. Both publicly and privately, he was a scribe of the highest caliber. Candlekeep is mostly certainly still mourning for his loss in this community.

You'll always be missed, my friend.
George Krashos Posted - 03 Apr 2017 : 07:42:21
Bravo for your memoriam posting Mark. Candlekeep remembers.

-- George Krashos
Hoondatha Posted - 03 Apr 2017 : 06:45:00
Very sad. Thank you for reminding us. When a board has been around for as long as this one has, well, life happens. And sometimes death. It makes me wonder how many others who have ceased posting over the years didn't have their lives become too busy for Candlekeep, but died instead and we never knew. Sigh.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000