Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 the High Castle [2e --> 3e]

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sarjenka Posted - 02 Apr 2017 : 17:03:15
In Volo's Guide to the Dalelands, there is a reference to the novel Shadows of Doom, regarding a portal located somewhere in the High Castle that leads to Spellgard. I ordered the novel but don't have time to read the entire book. Can anyone summarize the info for me (including how to find the portal within the Castle, and the means to activate it), or, at least give me the page number where I might look? Thank you...
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 03 Mar 2020 : 07:48:02
Acolyte Sarjenka,

Here is a URL to that map you were seeking:

https://www.realmshelps.net/faerun/dales/highdale/highcastle.shtml

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Sarjenka

In Volo's Guide to the Dalelands, there is a reference to the novel Shadows of Doom, regarding a portal located somewhere in the High Castle that leads to Spellgard. I ordered the novel but don't have time to read the entire book. Can anyone summarize the info for me (including how to find the portal within the Castle, and the means to activate it), or, at least give me the page number where I might look? Thank you...

Hoondatha Posted - 02 Apr 2017 : 21:06:19
I've never seen a map of the High Castle, but it seemed like a fairly standard fantasy castle in the book. Any map of a middle ages European castle will probably work fine.

The gate is one way. There isn't a return gate from Spellgard, at least not to Daggerdale.
Sarjenka Posted - 02 Apr 2017 : 18:54:26
Thank you SO MUCH!

...I don't suppose there exists a map of the interior of the High Castle? If not I need to create one...

Is the return portal from Spellgard just as easy to use? (In other terms, can random creatures just wander through it?)
Hoondatha Posted - 02 Apr 2017 : 17:51:46
I'm away from my books at the moment so I can't give you a page number. But the gate is located below the castle on the edge of the primary midden (where all the castle's sewage ends up). To use it, find two smallish lumps of stone right on the edge of the pit protruding from the stone floor. Then just step between them. If you do it correctly, you're in Spellgard. If you have the wrong lumps of stone, you end up in the midden.

Oh, and you have to do this in the dark, since a candle or torch might ignite the noxious gasses that rise from the pit (in modern terms, ignite the methane-rich air).

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000