Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Suggestion: Chamber of Sages

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Markustay Posted - 27 Mar 2017 : 16:23:46
Hey fellow scribes, I been noticing something annoying for a long time now. I suppose it was always like that, but things have changed, so...

Ed's threads are all 'pinned' in that thread, and you have to scroll all the way to the bottom to find others. Eventually, other people's threads are going to start on pg.2, which is just silly. I just noticed Elain Cunningham posted in her thread, and it was all the way at the bottom.

Ed really hasn't been posting in his thread for some time - last year's was the smallest I've seen. Not that that has anything to do with it; in fact, it helps somewhat, because a smaller thread means a smaller 'footprint' on pg.1, leaving more room for others.

But I feel that goes hand-in-hand with many of the changes to FR - both RW and in-game, and Ed's current 'MIA' status, and the fact that D&D has an upswing right now, and since The Realms are THE setting in 5e, maybe taking a fresh look at stuff isn't such a bad idea? I've given up hope on ever seeing a Candlekeep that doesn't look like it was created in the last century, but we could at least make it more user-friendly.

And to that end, perhaps something as simple as creating a new section entitled 'Ed's Old Threads', and stick all his non-active threads in THERE, so as not to clog-up the Chamber of Sages and allow other designers/authors a little more 'first page' time. I LOVE those old threads, but "the times, they are a' changing". Candlekeep is currently poised to become quite important over the next few years, and a little reorganization could go a long way in making that happen.

Cheers --- Mark
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kentinal Posted - 01 Apr 2017 : 22:03:42
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

Aye, it does appear that some clean up and arranging is in order. Oh ye of little faith, Markustay, Candlekeep v2.0 will see the light of day at some point maybe next century )

Oh we have a promise. Candle Keep II by 2201 :)
At least no reason to ask again for 80 years now.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Apr 2017 : 15:24:45
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Oh now, really, when have I ever taken that long...

Technically, it has never taken you 24 years to complete something... Your list goes back much further than that, and none of it is completed!
The Sage Posted - 01 Apr 2017 : 04:23:22
Oh now, really, when have I ever taken that long...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 31 Mar 2017 : 04:01:57
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Cause Old Sage would have taken 12 years to think about getting to it...then another 12 to do it...

I think you're being overly optimistic, though. He'd never get it done that quickly!
Brimstone Posted - 30 Mar 2017 : 19:09:39
Cause Old Sage would have taken 12 years to think about getting to it...then another 12 to do it...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Mar 2017 : 13:16:50
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

So I checked; the only stickied thread in the Chamber of Sages was the current one for Ed. The others -- at least in my default view -- are listed in order of the last post to the thread.

Having created a stickied thread just to link to all of Ed's scrolls, I'm now wondering if maybe we shouldn't make another thread, linking to all the others in there.

Well met

Aye, I had unstickied (?!) all Ed's threads except for the 2017 entry.

Ah, that explains it. I was wonder why they weren't stickied.

quote:

Job well done, Wooly. That index thread is ideal

Well, of course. I did it.

Alaundo Posted - 29 Mar 2017 : 08:24:58
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

So I checked; the only stickied thread in the Chamber of Sages was the current one for Ed. The others -- at least in my default view -- are listed in order of the last post to the thread.

Having created a stickied thread just to link to all of Ed's scrolls, I'm now wondering if maybe we shouldn't make another thread, linking to all the others in there.

Well met

Aye, I had unstickied (?!) all Ed's threads except for the 2017 entry.

Job well done, Wooly. That index thread is ideal
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Mar 2017 : 04:06:45

Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Mar 2017 : 20:35:26
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Make a scroll with links to all of Ed's Scrolls, and Pin it to the top...

That is a wise idea, too. I may do that later this eve (I'd do it now, but I'm at work and so swamped I shouldn't even be on here! )
Gary Dallison Posted - 28 Mar 2017 : 18:59:48
Or only pin the current one and unpin it when a new one is made
Brimstone Posted - 28 Mar 2017 : 18:58:09
Make a scroll with links to all of Ed's Scrolls, and Pin it to the top...
George Krashos Posted - 28 Mar 2017 : 05:44:55
Yeah, the pinning of Ed's files was my idea. I didn't realise they'd take up so much room. Back to the old way is better. Hopefully someone asks me a question!

-- George Krashos
The Sage Posted - 28 Mar 2017 : 04:57:28
I've had some similar ideas to this effect, what with the compilations and stuff that I've been collating from the various scrolls.

I'd like to swing these past Alaundo as well. Maybe we can enact something similar to what you're suggesting.
Alaundo Posted - 27 Mar 2017 : 20:58:44
Well met

Aye, it does appear that some clean up and arranging is in order. Oh ye of little faith, Markustay, Candlekeep v2.0 will see the light of day at some point maybe next century )
Markustay Posted - 27 Mar 2017 : 20:16:15
Thank you Wooly.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Mar 2017 : 17:15:37
Were it solely up to me, I'd be acting on this suggestion right now -- I think it has much merit.

I'm making sure that Big Al sees this one.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000