Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Quality of FR lore in Adventurer's League

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KanzenAU Posted - 29 Mar 2017 : 02:39:27
Has anyone had a look at any of the Adventurer's League adventures?

Although their canonicity is of dubious merit - Mearls has said on Twitter that things are only canon once they're in a "published book", and Crawford has said things need to make it into a D&D product (although arguably AL falls under that header) - I'm interested nonetheless in how well the lore fits in, and if any new lore is of any quality.

I know the adventure writers get a "design guide", and that they're not usually allowed to kill major NPCs and raze cities, but I'm still a little dubious about splashing any cash on these titles due to concerns about quality.

Keen to hear the opinions of anyone who has actually bought and read some of these adventures.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chibi_grazzt Posted - 14 May 2017 : 15:06:46
AL adventures are set in the Moonsea regions, they've detailed Hillsfar, Mulmaster, Plan as bases of operations for adventures. Its really a hodgepodge of substandard writing, I prefer to stick to the published material for 3.5e.
KanzenAU Posted - 29 Mar 2017 : 22:31:10
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

They're on the DMGuild. LFR adventures are no longer canon since when WotC stopped supporting the project, AFAIK.

That's what I heard too.
Irennan Posted - 29 Mar 2017 : 15:05:11
They're on the DMGuild. LFR adventures are no longer canon since when WotC stopped supporting the project, AFAIK.
Diffan Posted - 29 Mar 2017 : 14:59:06
Hm, I don't know too much about the Adventure League but if I remember correctly all the Living Forgotten Realms adventures produced for 4e were Canon. I don't see why AL would be much different? Is there a place or way to obtain the AL adventures?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000