Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Kelemvore Lyonsbane

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jinat Posted - 07 Jun 2004 : 13:09:29
1. Kelemvore would be which ethnic group?

2. Lyonsbane Keep is located where?

3. In the Avatar Modules his patron deity is Torm, however in Hall of Heroes he has non. Which takes precedence ?

4. Are the stats in Halls of heroes with higher physical stats and lower Int, Wis and Cha his panther form stats since the ones in the Avatar Modules are quite different?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Thelonius Posted - 30 Jun 2004 : 13:58:21
quote:
Originally posted by Darth KTrava

quote:
Originally posted by Gion

Okay, I've been searching for the Prince of Lies novel here but i can't find it, Spain is different!!!! (never mind i've got a Cormyr first volume tome). I think it hasn't been published here

Sirius, this is the second time i read you using "Gracias", is curious.

If all else fails, you could try Ebay. Granted they're in English, not Spanish. But there's quite a few people selling them on that site.

Okay i'll try, in this matters spain is really third-world like.
Darth KTrava Posted - 28 Jun 2004 : 18:02:00
quote:

Okay, I've been searching for the Prince of Lies novel here but i can't find it, Spain is different!!!! (never mind i've got a Cormyr first volume tome). I think it hasn't been published here

If all else fails, you could try Ebay. Granted they're in English, not Spanish. But there's quite a few people selling them on that site.
Darth KTrava Posted - 28 Jun 2004 : 18:00:37
quote:
Originally posted by Sarelle

Yes, and in the new versions of the books, the authors are properly credited.

I think I heard that they put the authors under the pseudonym to put the books together since bookstores put novels alphabetically by author's last name. Same thing was done with the D&D iconic novels. But now those same bookstores are more likely to arrange them by series and one then puts them alphabetically by BOOK TITLE than AUTHOR NAME. Weird.

Darth KTrava Posted - 28 Jun 2004 : 17:54:08
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

Sirius beat me to it. :) Ignore me.

And why would we do that? Just 'cause you partied late and slept in.....

SiriusBlack Posted - 28 Jun 2004 : 15:53:46
quote:

It came in handy with my past job.
Sarta Posted - 28 Jun 2004 : 12:32:36
Yeah, its not at all uncommon to hear a bit of Spanish thrown into American vocabularies. We do after all have the 5th largest Spanish-speaking population in the world, with 27.8 million Americans speaking Spanish. It is estimated that 28.6 percent of the population of my city, Fresno, speak Spanish.

One can't help but "lift" vocabulary when one hears it so often.

Sarta
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Jun 2004 : 09:44:14
quote:

Well, speaking for myself, I will say that some of us Americans have a tendency to lift particular words from other languages. It's not at all uncommon for someone to use another language to say "thank you."

I myself used to say "gracias" but then started saying "danke." A few years ago, I moved over to saying "domo" instead...

And if I know someone's nationality, and I know any words from their language, if the opportunity is right, I will use their native tongue when speaking to them. Usually I don't get to do more than say their version of "thank you," but it seems courteous to me to at least do that much.
Thelonius Posted - 28 Jun 2004 : 08:17:21

Sarelle Posted - 26 Jun 2004 : 19:28:47
Yes, and in the new versions of the books, the authors are properly credited.
OrnluTheWolf Posted - 26 Jun 2004 : 14:11:53
quote:
Okay, sorry, but you lost me. When did we mention Cyric? I thought we were discussing Kel.

Um.. Erm..... Ahem.....
Please disregard my earlier post, apparently I was under the effects of a feeblemind spell at the time (Damn you Elminster!)

quote:
Scott Ciencin and Troy Denning both used this pseudonym. Scott wrote the first two books of the Avatar series under it and Troy wrote the third using it.

Thanks. I'll look for the differences then as I read the 2nd and 3rd books. Also, thanks for the spelling of pseudonym (I was totally clueless).
Sarta Posted - 26 Jun 2004 : 06:50:48
Scott Ciencin and Troy Denning both used this pseudonym. Scott wrote the first two books of the Avatar series under it and Troy wrote the third using it.

Sarta
SiriusBlack Posted - 26 Jun 2004 : 04:21:27
quote:
Originally posted by OrnluTheWolf
I don't know if anyone knows this, but Richard Awlinson (author of the Avatar trilogy) is actually a psydo-name (sp?). Why didn't he use his real name?

Yes, if I recall it was used to represent more than one author.
SiriusBlack Posted - 26 Jun 2004 : 04:20:13
quote:
Originally posted by OrnluTheWolf

Actually, Cyric is already a God when Prince of Lies begins. He must become a diety in the last book of the avatar trilogy, Waterdeep. Prince of Lies actually details a conflict between Mystra/Midnight and Cyric as Cyric rearanges/enlarges/shrinks his portfolio.

Okay, sorry, but you lost me. When did we mention Cyric? I thought we were discussing Kel.
OrnluTheWolf Posted - 26 Jun 2004 : 03:56:05
Actually, Cyric is already a God when Prince of Lies begins. He must become a diety in the last book of the avatar trilogy, Waterdeep. Prince of Lies actually details a conflict between Mystra/Midnight and Cyric as Cyric rearanges/enlarges/shrinks his portfolio.

I don't know if anyone knows this, but Richard Awlinson (author of the Avatar trilogy) is actually a psydo-name (sp?). Why didn't he use his real name?
SiriusBlack Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 18:39:11
quote:
Correct.

Gracias. I think one of his novels is within one of the bookshelves here, but no idea if it was that one.
Kuje Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 18:35:56
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack
Thanks. James Lowder is the author of that, correct?

Correct.
SiriusBlack Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 18:27:13
quote:
Yea believe it was that novel.

Thanks. James Lowder is the author of that, correct?

quote:

And as you see I edited my other post. :)

What post?

And yes, WR, just let me keep believing things in my happy state of Outofitsville.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 18:21:45
quote:

quote:
The dead and death

Now who is ignoring posts. Sigh, and here I thought everyone loved me.

You just keep thinking that, SB.
Kuje Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 18:08:04
quote:
LOL! Here's a question for you since I figure Gion might ask. The events that culminate in Kel becoming a god....which novel do they take place in? Prince of Lies?

Yea believe it was that novel.

And as you see I edited my other post. :)
SiriusBlack Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 17:45:57
quote:

LOL! Here's a question for you since I figure Gion might ask. The events that culminate in Kel becoming a god....which novel do they take place in? Prince of Lies?
SiriusBlack Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 17:44:23
quote:
The dead and death

Now who is ignoring posts. Sigh, and here I thought everyone loved me.
Kuje Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 17:42:39
SiriusBlack Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 17:38:59
quote:

Okay, now we are talking about Kelemvor Lyonsbane, i want to ask something, I've heard that later he becomes a god, but, god of what?

His portfolio is Death, & the dead.
Thelonius Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 17:34:36
Okay, now we are talking about Kelemvor Lyonsbane, i want to ask something, I've heard that later he becomes a god, but, god of what?
SiriusBlack Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 15:20:14
quote:
Wooly i've just foinished reading the Avatar's Trilogy and i can sure that in any of them Kelemvor's Keep is mentioned.

No mention of the Keep at all? Thanks for sharing this information.
Thelonius Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 10:58:15
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I just checked the FR Atlas and Lyonsbane Keep is not listed in the index. Anyone have any ideas on other references to check?

I just checked the Interactive Atlas, and it gave no hits on searching for "Lyonsbane". And I, too, didn't see it in the print Atlas.

Is it in any of the Avatar modules? I've only got the Waterdeep one.

Wooly i've just foinished reading the Avatar's Trilogy and i can sure that in any of them Kelemvor's Keep is mentioned.
SiriusBlack Posted - 21 Jun 2004 : 02:30:38
quote:
Originally posted by Darth KTrava

Which works as I, personally, have seen Kelemvor being loyal throughout the whole series. Even when he was "betraying" the rest of his friends, he still thought of their best interests.

Cool. It's been too long since I read the ToT series to recall much about Kelemvor before he became a God.
Darth KTrava Posted - 21 Jun 2004 : 01:06:10
Which works as I, personally, have seen Kelemvor being loyal throughout the whole series. Even when he was "betraying" the rest of his friends, he still thought of their best interests.

SiriusBlack Posted - 18 Jun 2004 : 20:18:01
quote:
Originally posted by Lauzoril

Yes, I meant the modules.

Good eye. I just took a look at the PDF for the Shadowdale module. On page 39, it has the following for Kelemvor

quote:

Worships: Torm, Lord of Loyalty

Lauzoril Posted - 18 Jun 2004 : 19:48:10
Yes, I meant the modules.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000