Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Halfling novels?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BountyHunter Posted - 20 Mar 2017 : 13:29:28
Are there any novels with halflings as the main characters? Or ones where they feature quite prominently? I know about Regis in the Drizzt books, but any other ones?

I love halflings, probably cuz I was into Tolkien way before I even heard of Dungeons and Dragons.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BountyHunter Posted - 21 Mar 2017 : 00:15:02
I hate ebooks. Hate them. With a passion.
KanzenAU Posted - 21 Mar 2017 : 00:09:22
I know book collections are sexy, but ebooks will still sate your hunger!
Edit: plus, the author should still get some royalties as opposed to buying second hand.
BountyHunter Posted - 20 Mar 2017 : 23:10:51
Yay, more to add to the list. It's getting a bit large very quickly, I think I need to slow down. Lol

Edit: Maybe not. More damn out of print stuff. And the prices are ridiculous on ebay, especially for books that look like somebody dropped them in the toilet or rolled over on them in bed a hundred times. Ugh, I hate it when companies let stuff go out of print.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 20 Mar 2017 : 20:38:22
quote:
Originally posted by BountyHunter

Erevis Cale? I'm unfamiliar with that character, Paul, although the name is familiar. Is he from The Godborn novel?

He's the star of his own trilogy, after being the breakout character from the Sembia series. Both series are rather popular, in these halls.
BountyHunter Posted - 20 Mar 2017 : 19:47:42
Erevis Cale? I'm unfamiliar with that character, Paul, although the name is familiar. Is he from The Godborn novel?
PaulSKemp Posted - 20 Mar 2017 : 19:11:11
quote:
Originally posted by BountyHunter

Are there any novels with halflings as the main characters? Or ones where they feature quite prominently? I know about Regis in the Drizzt books, but any other ones?

I love halflings, probably cuz I was into Tolkien way before I even heard of Dungeons and Dragons.

Jak Fleet (priest/rogue of Brandobaris) features prominently in The Erevis Cale Trilogy.
BountyHunter Posted - 20 Mar 2017 : 16:02:35
Nice, Finder's Stone was on my list of books to track down anyway. Thanks.
Brian R. James Posted - 20 Mar 2017 : 14:59:30
The Wyvern's Spur, second novel in the Finder's Stone trilogy prominently features the halfling Olive Ruskettle.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000