Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Adamantine in different languages

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
webmanus Posted - 05 Aug 2006 : 08:21:40
What is adamantine called in Chondathan, Common, Dwarven, Elven, and Thorass? Other languages?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 03 Mar 2020 : 08:33:31
Seeker le Chmakus,

I think the issue you may run across here is that you are really referencing a vertical supply chain problem. Raw materials are mined, then go to one or more raw material refining plants, or another supply chain distribution center that then has established trade routes that send the adamantine to refining plants.

I promise you no such economic plans have ever been completed. Someone a month or so ago told me that Ed had started working on that kind of material and TSR/WotC tanked it.

I would suggest mapping out the raw material mining points, looking for distribution nodes that meet a certain GDP or higher, and use those as a distribution or refining center with the assumption being that if their listed GP maximum limit is high enough they must have the plant, property, and equipment to refine and/or distribute that raw material adequately. From there you can look at supply chains that move on to pre-wholesale distribution points for a retail end point.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Titus le Chmakus

Yeah thanks. But these are only mineable deposits. I would be interested in any source of adamantium available on the surface. I mean if Duergar get some from underdark mines, I don't care, but what is important is which surface city they sell it to, so that the resource becomes available for trade with the rest of Faerun overground.

I've found that you can get some in Skullport.

Titus le Chmakus Posted - 06 Mar 2017 : 12:58:31
Yeah ok thanks. So the ore should be available to trade in Darkhold. Any other idea ?
George Krashos Posted - 03 Mar 2017 : 23:07:24
Barastir is right. I would think that the drow of Sshamath under the Far Hills would trade it.

-- George Krashos
Barastir Posted - 03 Mar 2017 : 10:20:15
Drow also mine it, so maybe in places where there is commerce with the night elves.
Titus le Chmakus Posted - 01 Mar 2017 : 11:37:47
Yeah thanks. But these are only mineable deposits. I would be interested in any source of adamantium available on the surface. I mean if Duergar get some from underdark mines, I don't care, but what is important is which surface city they sell it to, so that the resource becomes available for trade with the rest of Faerun overground.

I've found that you can get some in Skullport.
Gary Dallison Posted - 01 Mar 2017 : 11:02:40
I think Ed has said the dwarves call ot ohloro.

As for where it can be found i think there are sizeable deposits beneath citadel Adbar.

There are also deposits beneath the Greypeak Mountains because the dwarves of Ammarindar made two massive doors out of the stuff (Ammarindar is long dead now though).

Ill see if i can find anything else.
Titus le Chmakus Posted - 01 Mar 2017 : 10:09:45
Where can it be found on the surface of Faerun ? I know there is some in Tuern but where else can it be found as a trade resource ? Probably in the cities having connexions with underdark but I cannot find any list.

Anyone knows ?

Thanks
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Aug 2006 : 14:49:11
quote:
Originally posted by webmanus

What is adamantine called in Chondathan, Common, Dwarven, Elven, and Thorass? Other languages?

I expect that there would only be one or two names for it. One culture discovers the stuff, then another culture gets some of it from the first, asks what it is called, and uses that word. And so on. Elves or dwarves likely found it first, and the word spread to the other cultures from them.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000