Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 GenCon 2017

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 Jan 2017 : 17:12:31
Roll call! Who is planning on going?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
George Krashos Posted - 21 Sep 2017 : 17:17:19
And my article is now up at the 'Keep in the Traveler's Notebook section. Now to read Erik's stuff ...

-- George Krashos
Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 Sep 2017 : 04:19:21
So... There were actually two handouts, this year. Erik Menge, one of the guys behind Menzoberranzan: City of Intrigue, had a handout, as well. And I just discovered that he posted a link to that handout on another forum. Here's the link to the discussion, which includes a link to the file:

http://www.eilistraee.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=60627

I'm posting the link to the forum itself, instead of the file, so people can read his post about it.
Gelcur Posted - 09 Sep 2017 : 14:24:49
I would love to hear the blow by blow or about favorite events. I have always wanted to attend but never seem to get there for one reason or another.
sno4wy Posted - 09 Sep 2017 : 03:09:48
Did this get hosted yet? If so, where might I find a link? :D
Wooly Rupert Posted - 31 Aug 2017 : 18:17:29
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I've sent Wooly a copy. Happy for it to be hosted here.

-- George Krashos

I've forwarded that email on to Big Al.
George Krashos Posted - 31 Aug 2017 : 15:23:24
I've sent Wooly a copy. Happy for it to be hosted here.

-- George Krashos
Alaundo Posted - 31 Aug 2017 : 10:21:04
quote:

Well, I've just finished my handout for the Candlekeep Seminar and sent it through to Brian Cortijo and Erik Scott de Bie. I'll see what I can do to have it uploaded here at the 'Keep after the Seminar occurs. Here's hoping that those guys can get it printed to hand out to everyone that attends. To all those who get to the seminar - enjoy! - and as always, feedback is welcome on the handout.

-- George Krashos

Well met

If you're happy to get this hosted up in Candlekeep, George, then please email it over to me and i'll get this done
George Krashos Posted - 29 Aug 2017 : 11:22:12
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Is your offering eventually going to be on the DM's Guild, Krash? I'd love to have a digital copy.

Given that it has multi-edition stats, I don't think it's suitable for the Guild. Send me a pm with your e-mail and I'll send you a PDF (amended slightly too - after I sent it through I spotted a few tweaks that needed to be made).

-- George Krashos
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Aug 2017 : 03:18:54
Is your offering eventually going to be on the DM's Guild, Krash? I'd love to have a digital copy.
sleyvas Posted - 29 Aug 2017 : 02:31:22
quote:

As is my wont, I just made ... stuff ... up. No canonical reference but I've always been a fan of divine aliases and keeping the gods multi-faceted and mysterious.

-- George Krashos

Getting that way myself. Starting to use more and more of the "people wonder if X is Y" in things I write up. I have my personal views, but those don't have to be definites.
George Krashos Posted - 28 Aug 2017 : 23:23:31
As is my wont, I just made ... stuff ... up. No canonical reference but I've always been a fan of divine aliases and keeping the gods multi-faceted and mysterious.

-- George Krashos
sleyvas Posted - 28 Aug 2017 : 13:27:48
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas
Ok, no fair... I know I JUST sent to my PM like five minutes ago, but I want to read this.... why don't I have it yet?

You should now have it.

-- George Krashos

Thanks George. I'm curious on this piece of Emastas. Is there any lore to it that I'm missing, or did you make it up just to make Hoar have some extra aliases. BTW, love the javelin of lightning commonality.

Worshipped as Assuran in the lands of Unther and Chessenta and Emastas in the environs of the Unapproachable East, he is is known as Ahorz in the lands of the Imperial South where his symbol is a white, five-pointed star.
George Krashos Posted - 28 Aug 2017 : 05:15:04
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas
Ok, no fair... I know I JUST sent to my PM like five minutes ago, but I want to read this.... why don't I have it yet?

You should now have it.

-- George Krashos
sleyvas Posted - 28 Aug 2017 : 02:07:01
quote:

Daoud yn Ahorz actually. He's a priest of Hoar/Assuran. Ahorz is the name of that deity in the lands of the South. The shield he bears is one of Halaster's demonshields - Cherumtaar.

-- George Krashos

Markustay Posted - 27 Aug 2017 : 03:17:43
OMG... I can't believe you've canonized that (sort-of). Thats priceless.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Aug 2017 : 03:08:58
And it is, as one would expect, pure Krash goodness.
George Krashos Posted - 27 Aug 2017 : 02:01:05
Daoud yn Ahorz actually. He's a priest of Hoar/Assuran. Ahorz is the name of that deity in the lands of the South. The shield he bears is one of Halaster's demonshields - Cherumtaar.

-- George Krashos
Markustay Posted - 26 Aug 2017 : 19:35:40
Dûd Onahorz?
Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 26 Aug 2017 : 19:11:01
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

So can anyone tell me what George's handout was called/about.

It essentially gave a name, story & statistics to the guy that was on the cover of the classic Gray Box.
Gary Dallison Posted - 22 Aug 2017 : 06:59:08
So can anyone tell me what George's handout was called/about.
sno4wy Posted - 21 Aug 2017 : 03:40:23
I don't suppose anyone that attended was able to record the seminar (assuming that was allowed in the first place)?
Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 20 Aug 2017 : 12:40:43
That was a great seminar last night. Unfortunately, I may not be coming next year. It depends on the prospects for my family next year. It was great to have met James Lowder and Elaine and met my other author buddies again. Until we meet again, friends, findar. ;)
Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 19 Aug 2017 : 13:43:22
Well, my dad and I FINALLY landed in Indianapolis Airport around 11. We got to our hotel around midnight. Just got up not too long ago. Will be picking up our passes later today. All I know is it still may be a long day for my dad. Will see you guys at the seminar tonight. I just pray any of us flying back out don't get caught in any more storms and get stuck in the airport again.
George Krashos Posted - 13 Aug 2017 : 11:40:57
Well, I've just finished my handout for the Candlekeep Seminar and sent it through to Brian Cortijo and Erik Scott de Bie. I'll see what I can do to have it uploaded here at the 'Keep after the Seminar occurs. Here's hoping that those guys can get it printed to hand out to everyone that attends. To all those who get to the seminar - enjoy! - and as always, feedback is welcome on the handout.

-- George Krashos
ElaineCunningham Posted - 08 Aug 2017 : 02:20:03
quote:
Originally posted by Galuf the Dwarf

Well, I have my copy of Elfshadow I've been lugging with my case a few times now for you to sign. When on Saturday would be the best time to approach you to sign it?

I'll be at the Candlekeep Seminar from 8 to 10(ish) on Saturday evening, and there's a scheduled group signing on Friday at noon, but really, pretty much any time is fine. There are a few panels scheduled back to back, so occasionally I might be running from one place to another, but even that shouldn't be a problem.
Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 08 Aug 2017 : 01:55:57
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

A quick note about Gen Con book signings: I won't have any books available for sale at the con, but I'm happy to sign old stuff. I will also have bookplates for people who (quite understandably) don't want to schlepp books around.

Hope to see many of you there!

Well, I have my copy of Elfshadow I've been lugging with my case a few times now for you to sign. When on Saturday would be the best time to approach you to sign it?
ElaineCunningham Posted - 07 Aug 2017 : 20:29:02
Here's my schedule for Gen Con.

Gen Con 2017, August 16-19

Thursday, August 17:

9:00 – Writers’ Symposium Opening Ceremony
10:00 – Story Craft: Where Do You Begin Your Story? A panel discussion with Cat Rambo, Brian McClellan, and Eric Flint.
2:00 – Worldbuilding: Magic Systems that Won’t Break Your Story. With Monica Valentinelli, James Lowder, and Richard Lee Byers.
4:00 – Worldbuilding: Creating Fantasy Cultures. With Mary Robinette Kowal, Gregory Wilson, Sandra Tayler, and Lucy Snyder.

Friday, August 18

10:00 – Worldbuilding 101. With Richard Lee Byers.
12:00 – Signing. With Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman, and James Lowder.
1:00-5:00 – Worldbuilders Party. A gaming event organized by Worldbuilders, Patrick Rothfuss’s charitable organization. I’ll be running “Lords of Waterdeep” from 3:45-5:00.

Saturday, August 19

10:00 – Worldbuilding 101. With Monica Valentinelli, James Lowder, and Steven Long.
1:00 – Special Event: Superstars of RPG Fiction. With Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman, and James Lowder.
4:00 – Fantasy Fiction: Getting European Medieval Fantasy Right. With Josh Vogt and Eric Scott de Bie.
5:00 – Writer’s Craft: Setting as a Character. With Lucy Snyder and Gregory Wilson.
7:00 – Worldbuilding: More than Just Another Earth. With Maxwell Alexander Drake and Ilana C. Myer.
8:00-10:00 – Candlekeep Seminar
ElaineCunningham Posted - 07 Aug 2017 : 20:27:34
A quick note about Gen Con book signings: I won't have any books available for sale at the con, but I'm happy to sign old stuff. I will also have bookplates for people who (quite understandably) don't want to schlepp books around.

Hope to see many of you there!
Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 13 Jul 2017 : 16:29:20
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

As it happens, I will be attending Get Con 2017 after all. I'll post my schedule as soon as it's nailed down. Hope to see many of you there!

Hurray! We're finally going to get the chance to meet face to face! :D
ElaineCunningham Posted - 12 Jul 2017 : 18:31:55
Here's a link to my Gen Con schedule. Hope to see many of you there!

http://www.elainecunningham.com/conventions/gen-con-schedule/

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000