Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Semberholme

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Markustay Posted - 03 Jan 2017 : 01:13:29
Tried to find another thread about this, but there was only one, and it quickly turned into something else entirely (not even FR related).

So, here's my question: Is this site still occupied?

Also, why 'holme'? Isn't that suffix usually used by dwarves? (and the fact that there is an enormous cave-complex underneath the entire wood gives me all sorts of nifty ideas where that's concerned).
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 20 Sep 2020 : 22:04:08
Explorer Markustay,

I was just looking into some Semberholme material and ran across a canon note that there are agents of the Eldreth Veluuthra that are there as of 1374 DR. Obviously not a "lived" in space as most would think of it, but nonetheless interesting. That was in Champions of Ruin, p. 79.

Best regards,

The Masked Mage Posted - 03 Jan 2017 : 21:35:46
According to pretty much every source I know of, Semberholme was never entirely abandoned during the Retreat... the reason for this can be traced back to the legends about its significance to Corellon.

I have Semberholme as kind of a more secretive Evereska... the elves are there, but their magic has successfully obscured their presence completely for centuries.

Wrigley Posted - 03 Jan 2017 : 20:48:45
Before Spellplague it was protected by Deeping Dale's inhabitants who count many half-elves to their numbers and some elven protectors who stayed here by choice.
Brimstone Posted - 03 Jan 2017 : 15:04:56
IIRC it was lightly inhabited by Elves before The Elven Crusade to retake Myth Drannor. It was the staging area. I guess after Shade Enclave dropping on Myth Drannor the Elves withdrew to a known secure location in the area.
Markustay Posted - 03 Jan 2017 : 05:51:16
Actually, I was thinking of providing a 'fix' with a little homebrew/fanlore. I was going to tie it to some other 'dwarfy stuff' I have mentally going on around (and under) Cormyr.

IIRC, there is even a fallen dwarf kingdom right there, in the Thunder Peaks.

quote:
Originally posted by BenN

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

It is occupied by survivors from the second fall of Myth Drannor.

Now I'm even more confused... Myth Drannor re-fell?

Next you're going to tell me the Netherese and Imaskari re-fell... oh... wait...

What about 1e/2e/ early 3e era? Was it completely abandoned? Was it a ruin, or just 'empty'? I seem to recall something about it from somewhere - maybe the Spellfree novel? I thought there were folks that still guarded it.

So it was completely 'emptied' as part of the Retreat? Or was something else involved? I never read any of the elf novels from late 3e - Myth Drannor was retaken, at least in-part, right? They lost that again? That seems rather pointless.
TBeholder Posted - 03 Jan 2017 : 05:27:34
quote:

Also, why 'holme'? Isn't that suffix usually used by dwarves? (and the fact that there is an enormous cave-complex underneath the entire wood gives me all sorts of nifty ideas where that's concerned).

"That's not the same as how the Dwarves say '-holme' at all. That's just how N'Tel'Quessir record it. Because their crude ears cannot tell the difference."
BenN Posted - 03 Jan 2017 : 04:01:55
quote:

It is occupied by survivors from the second fall of Myth Drannor.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000