Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Where is Shadowbane?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Malaugryn Posted - 05 Jul 2016 : 19:59:12
Are there more Shadowbane novels in sight? I really loved that hero, and the way his adventures were written are probably the best in the realms!
22   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Malaugryn Posted - 06 Dec 2016 : 20:12:15
I'm eager for more shadowbane, I really love the characters around this story!!
Gyor Posted - 06 Dec 2016 : 00:11:17
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Well met, all--

Just wanted to let you know, WotC might not be currently publishing Shadowbane (or much of any fiction these days), but I'm still here, and I'm still planning to write more about Shadowbane eventually. (And Shadowbane: Kingdom of Night answers 3 of those questions definitively and 2 of them partially.)

Would folks be interested in seeing some stuff on the DM's Guild? Just hypothetically.

Cheers

Yes.
Irennan Posted - 05 Dec 2016 : 19:51:38
quote:
Originally posted by Mith

quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

I think the current Realms novel line is 99.9% focused on Drizzt, Elminster, and Farideh.

If WotC is really moving along like that, they're going to sink their own market (again). You can't carry an entire setting based on three characters, who most certainly can't appeal to everyone.

In fact thay aren't. They apparently think of novels as a money sink, and there won't be any more Realms novels for the time being (unless the movie does really well).
Mith Posted - 05 Dec 2016 : 19:33:25
quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

I think the current Realms novel line is 99.9% focused on Drizzt, Elminster, and Farideh.

If WotC is really moving along like that, they're going to sink their own market (again). You can't carry an entire setting based on three characters, who most certainly can't appeal to everyone.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 24 Sep 2016 : 17:47:46
I'm not particularly fond of reading them on the screen, either. I prefer print of ereader.
Mirtek Posted - 24 Sep 2016 : 08:57:08
Only if it were easily kindle compatible. I don't novels on a screen, only paper or e-paper
BenN Posted - 24 Sep 2016 : 03:21:37
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie
Would folks be interested in seeing some stuff on the DM's Guild? Just hypothetically.

Yes!
CorellonsDevout Posted - 23 Sep 2016 : 19:09:37
I'd be interested to see it published, period.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 23 Sep 2016 : 18:56:30
Well met, all--

Just wanted to let you know, WotC might not be currently publishing Shadowbane (or much of any fiction these days), but I'm still here, and I'm still planning to write more about Shadowbane eventually. (And Shadowbane: Kingdom of Night answers 3 of those questions definitively and 2 of them partially.)

Cheers
Lilianviaten Posted - 04 Sep 2016 : 18:57:33
I'm curious: what questons would you most want answered in the next Shadowbane novel? For me, I would say:

1) What exactly is Myrin, and who made her that way?

2) What is Lilten's purpose in wanting Myrin so badly?

3) Who has actually been granting Shadowbane his powers all this time?

4) How did Ilira and Lilten betray Erevan Ilesere?

5) Once Manshoon realizes what Myrin is, and that she still lives in Westgate, will he make a play for her?
Gyor Posted - 02 Sep 2016 : 00:05:39
5e was supposed to be a golden age, the mechanics are great. Instead its fallen into a dark age. #bitterdisappointment
The Masked Mage Posted - 01 Sep 2016 : 22:29:12
quote:
Originally posted by Lilianviaten

quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Barnes & Noble is bad about the Drizztfest with the novels. Dude is a cash cow.

Indeed. If it weren't for the numbers Salvatore does, I think WOTC would have packed up the novel line a few years ago.

Except for the ones Ed writes that they have to publish in order to hold the rights.
Lilianviaten Posted - 01 Sep 2016 : 17:57:36
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Indeed. If it weren't for the numbers Salvatore does, I think WOTC would have packed up the novel line a few years ago.
Malaugryn Posted - 01 Sep 2016 : 17:46:09
We should do a petition so they could be hired to write for FR again.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 10 Jul 2016 : 18:47:06
I miss the Shadowbane novels, too. Heck, I miss all the novels/series that are no longer being produced, but none of the other authors are currently contracted to write FR.
Brimstone Posted - 09 Jul 2016 : 15:32:53
BrianDavion Posted - 09 Jul 2016 : 11:07:35
yeah I was at the local book store and looked at the FR section, it was quite literally 2 elminister books (the 2 latest) and Drizzt drizzt drizzt.
it's a far cry from the glory days of FR novels where there was a wide varity of authors and characters
Artemas Entreri Posted - 05 Jul 2016 : 21:30:16
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Malaugryn

I really miss the stories about the "little" guys like shadowbane, the harpers, etc.

You are far from the only one.

So true.
The Red Walker Posted - 05 Jul 2016 : 21:05:32
Right now he is living rent free, but a little cramped in the mind of Erik Scott de Bie........hopefully he is allowed out again.

I liked most everything about those novels.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Jul 2016 : 20:48:03
quote:
Originally posted by Malaugryn

I really miss the stories about the "little" guys like shadowbane, the harpers, etc.

You are far from the only one.
Malaugryn Posted - 05 Jul 2016 : 20:38:50
:( I love the stories about Drizzt (I prefer Entreri though :P), Elminster and the brimstone angels, but I really miss the stories about the "little" guys like shadowbane, the harpers, etc.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 05 Jul 2016 : 20:20:32

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000