Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Discord channel!!???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Elren_Wolfsbane Posted - 25 Nov 2016 : 06:00:59
I was wondering if Candlekeep would be interested in making a Discord channel so we can all chat and talk there. just an idea!!

let me know what you think :D
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sno4wy Posted - 27 Jan 2020 : 18:55:54
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Hey sno4wy,

Did you ever consider taking [slowly, but surely] each of the categories, sub-categories, etc., from this site and getting them on to Discord? The versatility of Discord with channels, categories, and more seems like it could be well-suited to housing tomes of information as exists here, on that platform as well.

To be clear, I am not advocating for elimination of this site at all. Rather, just some redundancy, and an additional way to reach out to gamers utilizing platforms that they can easily be reached on.

Thanks!

Rob

Hi Rob, thanks for the suggestion! Discord is more like a chatroom than a forum though, so mirroring Candlekeep's format there, while feasible, would lead to a lot of unused channels. Furthermore, since it is all instantaneous communication, it's hard to guide the discussion in the same way a forum thread does.
cpthero2 Posted - 27 Jan 2020 : 08:16:02
Hey sno4wy,

Did you ever consider taking [slowly, but surely] each of the categories, sub-categories, etc., from this site and getting them on to Discord? The versatility of Discord with channels, categories, and more seems like it could be well-suited to housing tomes of information as exists here, on that platform as well.

To be clear, I am not advocating for elimination of this site at all. Rather, just some redundancy, and an additional way to reach out to gamers utilizing platforms that they can easily be reached on.

Thanks!

Rob

quote:
Originally posted by sno4wy

I'm on Discord all the time too. I went ahead and made a Forgotten Realms server. It might never get off the ground, but I figure it's better than us continuing to wonder about if it ever will. :D Here's the invite link, I have it set to never expiring but if that didn't stick, let me know: https://discord.gg/NUdbqkG

cpthero2 Posted - 27 Jan 2020 : 08:12:17
Hey sno4wy,

I just saw this and checked out your server on Discord: thank you for doing that! :)

Best,

Rob

quote:
Originally posted by sno4wy

I'm on Discord all the time too. I went ahead and made a Forgotten Realms server. It might never get off the ground, but I figure it's better than us continuing to wonder about if it ever will. :D Here's the invite link, I have it set to never expiring but if that didn't stick, let me know: https://discord.gg/NUdbqkG

Mindseye Posted - 23 Oct 2019 : 20:28:58
I'm on a Greyhawk discord server in addition to other games and systems. it's kinda useful in that it's all together yet discreet at the same time.
Tigon Posted - 23 Mar 2018 : 00:11:23
Aye i too would appreciate a Candlekeep Discord

(im about to join Sno4wy's as well)
sno4wy Posted - 18 Jan 2018 : 21:12:46
Brian R. James Posted - 17 Jan 2018 : 05:18:25
I'm on discord all the time and would definitely join a Candlekeep discord server
Alexander Clark Posted - 16 Jan 2018 : 14:35:20
I've no idea what iChat is, but Google says:
quote:

iChat (previously iChat AV) is a discontinued instant messaging software application

BTW as far as I can tell forgottenrealms.wikia.com doesn't have a Discord too. It might be a good idea to cooperate with them.
Shadowsoul Posted - 16 Jan 2018 : 14:31:19
What about the old iChat?
Alexander Clark Posted - 16 Jan 2018 : 14:30:15
So I tried this Discord thing and I like it. And I can't find any Forgotten Realms Discord Channels. Can we have one? I've a lot of little questions that don't deserve separate threads on this great site.
Elren_Wolfsbane Posted - 19 Mar 2017 : 15:35:35
No it didnt. I'd love to though, but I'm not sure anyone is interested
Valhadrion Roth Posted - 16 Mar 2017 : 15:05:50
Did this ever take off?
Elren_Wolfsbane Posted - 28 Nov 2016 : 18:19:24
quote:
Originally posted by Alexander Clark

Nice. I think I'd use Discord if you guys had a channel.

I would too
Alexander Clark Posted - 27 Nov 2016 : 13:17:32
Nice. I think I'd use Discord if you guys had a channel.
Delwa Posted - 27 Nov 2016 : 01:38:31
quote:
Originally posted by Alexander Clark

Is Discord voice only or can you type your messages?

You can type your messages. I don't use it much. The Roll20 game I'm part of prefers to use discord over Roll20 chat, and that's the only familiarity I have with the service.
Alexander Clark Posted - 26 Nov 2016 : 14:14:30
Is Discord voice only or can you type your messages?
Elren_Wolfsbane Posted - 25 Nov 2016 : 19:42:22
Awe, well it would be interesting. But it is just an idea. I understand if it doesn't work. Thought I'd throw it out there
Arivia Posted - 25 Nov 2016 : 16:27:19
We tried an IRC channel in the past, that stuff just never takes off around here. Candlekeep is just a little bit too slow and too small for such, unfortunately.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000