Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Can I be a moderator?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shadowsoul Posted - 10 Nov 2016 : 18:27:06
I would like to be a moderator? Is that possible?

Thanks
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 14 Nov 2016 : 13:56:31
'Tis much appreciated Shadowsoul. I suppose it is fortunate that the bygone days when Wooly and I were often active almost on a daily basis handling moderation duties, has long since fallen away. The most times when further moderation was needed, was back in the period of 4e... but with the advent of 5e, and the lessening traffic here, Wooly and I seem able enough to manage with any problems that crop up.
Shadowsoul Posted - 10 Nov 2016 : 23:35:12
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

Thank ye for thine interest, Shadowsoul.

As our fellow scribe Kentinal states, moderators are invited by the moderator team after much discussion and consideration. Currently, (and after recent discussions, in fact), we do not see a requirement for additional moderators.

Thanks for the reply Alaundo! I just figured I would ask. Well if you ever do need another Mod I will gladly offer my services.
sleyvas Posted - 10 Nov 2016 : 21:47:42
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I was a mod once, over at Gamewinners for a year - it was AWFUL!

Fortunately, THIS site doesn't need 1/1000th the moderation that site did. Mostly they just chase gremlins and try to peek up THO's skirt.

What's really funny is when they chase gremlins up THO's skirt. The way she jumps around... its hilarious.
Alaundo Posted - 10 Nov 2016 : 21:13:14
Well met

Thank ye for thine interest, Shadowsoul.

As our fellow scribe Kentinal states, moderators are invited by the moderator team after much discussion and consideration. Currently, (and after recent discussions, in fact), we do not see a requirement for additional moderators.
Markustay Posted - 10 Nov 2016 : 21:04:20
I was a mod once, over at Gamewinners for a year - it was AWFUL!

Fortunately, THIS site doesn't need 1/1000th the moderation that site did. Mostly they just chase gremlins and try to peek up THO's skirt.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Nov 2016 : 19:25:03
Thankfully, this site usually doesn't need much in the line of moderation. I'm quite happy about the fact that I don't often have to put on my mod hat (I get bad hathead if any headgear comes within 12 inches of my scalp! )
Kentinal Posted - 10 Nov 2016 : 19:11:12
Well I would expect that Big Al looks at the need and the history of each user. There has not been any indication that an additional moderator is needed. In my experience becoming a moderator is based on being asked, not asking to become one.
For the space I moderate I would be very reluctant to appoint some one that asked me for the right and power to oversee a website.
Of course for Candlekeep it is up to Big Al and the current moderation team to provide feedback. Such discussions clearly would not be conducted openly on Candlekeep.
Nor is becoming a moderator a item of discussion or voting of the members. A long time ago a few people tried to have me elected to replace a missing moderator. I declined the offer and the current moderators did not ever consider me even when they decided to turn over controls to another user.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000