Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 RECOMMENDATIONS for DMSGuild other authors

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sleyvas Posted - 06 Mar 2016 : 03:31:49
Elemental Magic of Zakhara by Thomas Schluter - pay what you want. It seems to be a conversion of a lot of Zakharan magical lore. Haven't had much of a chance to dig, but it looks worth the time.

Anthanae's Divinations by Jeff & Dawn Ibach - 50 cents for a decent collection of divination spells. Some recreate concepts I was thinking about rewriting that my NPC Lady Jillian Doncastle of Neverwinter used.

The Incantatrix by David Adams is a different arcane tradition that seems ok
28   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TomCosta Posted - 17 Apr 2023 : 18:34:45
The war between Cormyr and Shade controlled Sembia is only about 10 years old. I don't see them getting on any time soon. Those wounds are going to take more time I'd think.
Vinzor Burrow Posted - 16 Apr 2023 : 03:00:07
If I don’t end up doing it myself when I have time, I’d like to see an alliance between Sembia and Cormyr against Westgate, and how that would play out. I feel like the aggressions between the two larger nations against each other would be mostly over, and they’d want to focus on a rogue city-state.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Feb 2021 : 22:46:17
This was already answered, in the other discussion...

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Does this add to the previously available content?

Yes. I had shared Part 1 and 2 of Lord of the End of Everything before. This includes some fixes.

In addition, it includes write-ups of the Crown of Horns and the Scepter of the Sorcerer-Kings.

Finally, it includes Part 3 of Lord of the End of Everything, discussing the Rise of the Dark Three.

It also includes a write-up of the Seven Sigils war.

--Eric

sleyvas Posted - 14 Feb 2021 : 22:05:51
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

From Eric Boyd:
George (who edited and co-wrote it but doesn't want to admit it) made me post something to DM's Guild: "Jergal: Lord of the End of Everything."

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/346895/Jergal-Lord-of-the-End-of-Everything

Here's the overview:
Jergal, the Lord of the End of Everything, is the enigmatic Seneschal of the Dead. Learn about the history of the most mysterious of Netherese gods, including the Rise of Netheril and the Crown of Horns. Find out why Jergal's failed ritual led to the collapse of Netheril and the Weave. Delve into the details of the Seven Sigils War and the Scepter of the Sorcerer-Kings. And finally, unveil the mysteries behind the Rise of the Dark Three (Bane, Bhaal, and Myrkul) and the Fall of the Seven Lost Gods.

--Eric

Just wondering, is this an updated version or the stuff written a few years ago?
TomCosta Posted - 14 Feb 2021 : 02:15:34
From Eric Boyd:
George (who edited and co-wrote it but doesn't want to admit it) made me post something to DM's Guild: "Jergal: Lord of the End of Everything."

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/346895/Jergal-Lord-of-the-End-of-Everything

Here's the overview:
Jergal, the Lord of the End of Everything, is the enigmatic Seneschal of the Dead. Learn about the history of the most mysterious of Netherese gods, including the Rise of Netheril and the Crown of Horns. Find out why Jergal's failed ritual led to the collapse of Netheril and the Weave. Delve into the details of the Seven Sigils War and the Scepter of the Sorcerer-Kings. And finally, unveil the mysteries behind the Rise of the Dark Three (Bane, Bhaal, and Myrkul) and the Fall of the Seven Lost Gods.

--Eric
Wooly Rupert Posted - 18 Jul 2020 : 18:36:43
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

In the realms... do what you please. Follow the timeline of events, or fill in the gaps with your own adventure.

In what way does this contribute to a discussion of DM's Guild material worth recommendation?
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 18 Jul 2020 : 05:50:43
In the realms... do what you please. Follow the timeline of events, or fill in the gaps with your own adventure.
sleyvas Posted - 21 Mar 2020 : 22:39:39
While I can't speak to its balance as yet, I feel it noteworthy enough that someone converted 1000 spells.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/302120/The-Blackstaffs-Book-of-1000-Spells

Its a little hefty on price, but the person, with having read it for all of 2 minutes shows enough thought that I'm not feeling jilted (especially considering how much I've paid in the past for previous stuff).
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 21 Mar 2020 : 20:58:58
I write for myself in the end really. I am CN at heart as a human. I care for us all but I need to get mine first always. It's in my disposition. I can own an entire page alone if I knew what to do. Sadly I don't
George Krashos Posted - 13 Jan 2019 : 00:00:33
quote:

I don't know that there is a list. I know George Krashos has posted a number of excellent pieces (which I don't think he has always noted on this forum), I have one (Forgotten Characters of the Realms) that I posted to this forum, and a number of other sages have posted the releases of their wares on this forum as well.

Not my thing to recommend myself.

Hopefully 2019 will see some more releases. If I can just perfect time travel.

— George Krashos
George Krashos Posted - 12 Jan 2019 : 23:59:30
quote:

I don't know that there is a list. I know George Krashos has posted a number of excellent pieces (which I don't think he has always noted on this forum), I have one (Forgotten Characters of the Realms) that I posted to this forum, and a number of other sages have posted the releases of their wares on this forum as well.

Not my thing to recommend my own stuff.

Hopefully 2019 will see some more releases. If I can just perfect time travel.

— George Krashos
Dalor Darden Posted - 11 Jan 2018 : 04:15:21
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Storyteller Hero

There is a search engine on the DMsGuild site, and after typing in my name, it brought up items that I'd posted on the site.

I, personally, would prefer to have author names showing in the list of products, before you even click on them.

I agree completely. I think it is a major failing of the DMs Guild site that it doesn't have "Publisher Pages" like the other DriveThru sites have.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Jan 2018 : 04:09:06
quote:
Originally posted by Storyteller Hero

There is a search engine on the DMsGuild site, and after typing in my name, it brought up items that I'd posted on the site.

I, personally, would prefer to have author names showing in the list of products, before you even click on them.
Storyteller Hero Posted - 11 Jan 2018 : 00:45:38

TomCosta Posted - 07 Jan 2018 : 21:44:51
The Arcanamach Posted - 07 Jan 2018 : 14:21:16
Is there a list somewhere of DMsGuild products by author? Their page doesn't have that as an option that I can tell and it would be great to get them listed that way. I'd pretty much buy anything posted by the astute sages from Candlekeep. In fact, it would be great if we did that here at the keep. It could be set up similarly to how the Chamber of Sages is set up.
KanzenAU Posted - 25 Apr 2017 : 00:12:08
I think they're limited time things unfortunately. There was indeed a #1.
sleyvas Posted - 24 Apr 2017 : 18:00:29
quote:
Originally posted by KanzenAU

The Zakharan Bestiary, along with a couple of other FR products, are now available in one of the Mega-Bundles. It's $10, and considering some of these products almost cost that alone, it's a pretty good deal. You'll get an additional discount if you already have some stuff included in the bundle. I haven't looked at any of the stuff yet, so I can't speak as to quality, but it seems like a worthwhile get.

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/209102/DMs-Guild-Top-Authors-Megabundle-2-BUNDLE

Interesting, is there a megabundle #1? I can't find it.
KanzenAU Posted - 24 Apr 2017 : 05:35:13
The Zakharan Bestiary, along with a couple of other FR products, are now available in one of the Mega-Bundles. It's $10, and considering some of these products almost cost that alone, it's a pretty good deal. You'll get an additional discount if you already have some stuff included in the bundle. I haven't looked at any of the stuff yet, so I can't speak as to quality, but it seems like a worthwhile get.

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/209102/DMs-Guild-Top-Authors-Megabundle-2-BUNDLE
ZeshinX Posted - 02 Mar 2017 : 19:09:11
I highly recommend Heroes of the Orient by Marc Altfuldisch: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/187283/Heroes-of-the-Orient-Players-and-DMs-Companion?src=hottest_filtered&filters=45469

Not specifically Forgotten Realms, but a great Oriental Adventures resource for 5e for those who enjoy playing in Kara-Tur, like myself. :)
Leonaru Posted - 10 Feb 2017 : 12:31:20
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Just saw this. I had asked that this get done and it has been. Leonaru's Zakharan Bestiary

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/203765/Zakharan-Bestiary--Monsters-of-AlQadim?src=hottest_filtered&filters=45469_0_0_0_0_0_0_0

I hope you enjoy it. :) I included all Al-Qadim monsters I could find, omitting only a few (like the vizier's turban, which is more of a magic item than a monster). If you notice any missing monsters, please let me know.
sleyvas Posted - 29 Jan 2017 : 16:16:24
Just saw this. I had asked that this get done and it has been. Leonaru's Zakharan Bestiary

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/203765/Zakharan-Bestiary--Monsters-of-AlQadim?src=hottest_filtered&filters=45469_0_0_0_0_0_0_0

Oh, also, for those interested in Sha'ir like warlocks or warlocks bound to nature and angels.

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/174336/Paths-to-Power-New-Warlock-Archetypes
Fildrigar Posted - 25 Jan 2017 : 02:53:11
quote:

"Watch of Waterdeep" by Joseph Carriker is a detailed take on Waterdeep's City Watch in the pre-Spellplague era. It seems to pay good attention to canon, and I'll definitely be using it.
I've also bought his "Solve et Coagula: A Practical Guide to Alchemy", which I've only flipped through thus far, but it looks really detailed and interesting.

Looking forward to seeing what he produces in the future.

Yep. Joseph Carriker is pretty amazing.
oakthorne Posted - 19 Nov 2016 : 11:44:24
quote:

"Watch of Waterdeep" by Joseph Carriker is a detailed take on Waterdeep's City Watch in the pre-Spellplague era. It seems to pay good attention to canon, and I'll definitely be using it.
I've also bought his "Solve et Coagula: A Practical Guide to Alchemy", which I've only flipped through thus far, but it looks really detailed and interesting.

Thanks for the kind words, Kanzen. :)
KanzenAU Posted - 19 Oct 2016 : 00:38:10
Tried to search for Thomas Schulter and Schluter but had no success: for future people looking for his products, his name is Thomas Schlüter, and you're probably best off putting in the search term "Zakhara", looking for the product sleyvas mentioned above, and then clicking on his name.

Or, try this link: http://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?author=Thomas%20Schl%C3%BCter
sleyvas Posted - 18 Oct 2016 : 13:59:51
quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

Thomas Schulter seems to make some quality products.

Yes he does. I referenced a lot of his stuff in my product. I like the people who do broader works so I don't have to refer to smaller articles... I also find that they've generally thought things more through.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 18 Oct 2016 : 13:53:23
Thomas Schulter seems to make some quality products.
KanzenAU Posted - 18 Oct 2016 : 06:04:51

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000