Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Secret Door

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gary Dallison Posted - 02 Oct 2016 : 20:36:32
I'm y going through my digital realmslore trove and I just got to the Wyrms of the North articles whereupon I noticed a link on my mhtml file

It says "You have found a secret door

The link is file:///D:/dnd/secretdoor.asp (obviously the file bit is wrong because I've saved the page locally)

I'm just wondering if anyone ever clicked on this before and what did it used to do?

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Xnella Moonblade-Thann Posted - 16 Oct 2016 : 05:29:24
If my memory serves, I think the "Secret Door" was an Easter egg of some sort and it took you to another page within Wizards' D&D site back before the onset of 4e and the restructuring they did of the site.
sleyvas Posted - 04 Oct 2016 : 15:33:15
When the link still worked, it bodily transferred your real person into Orcus' domain. I didn't think I was ever going to get out of there.
Arivia Posted - 03 Oct 2016 : 10:01:51
From what I remember poking around the site back then they were just silly easter eggs, other content like the Masked Mage said or a picture of some treasure.
The Masked Mage Posted - 03 Oct 2016 : 05:16:56
You can find the file on wizards with a google search - looks like it sent you to other content but its a 500 line of code file so it could have done a lot more as well (trackers, etc.), way to sleepy to try to figure it out though :) - perhaps someone in the other hemisphere can give it a read through whilst I sleep :)
Gary Dallison Posted - 02 Oct 2016 : 23:25:10
It looks like it was all of them
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Oct 2016 : 21:48:42
Which Wyrm?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000