Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favorite Demon Lord/Prince

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Arcanamach Posted - 17 Sep 2015 : 22:39:02
My personal favorite was always Fraz-Urb'luu followed by Graz'zt. I tried to stick with those listed back in the old 1e/2e days though I think Malchanthet came along in 3e.
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 01 Oct 2016 : 07:07:59
S'ym, always an interesting choice.
Markustay Posted - 01 Oct 2016 : 06:32:39
I actually prefer going outside D&D for my fiends. For example, Lord Belasco and his buddy S'ym from Marvel Comics.
Sunderstone Posted - 30 Sep 2016 : 23:41:59
Orcus!
Quale Posted - 30 Sep 2016 : 18:39:36
Grazzt, because of his goal of stopping the Blood War

After that Orcus, Pale Night, Abraxas, Haagenti
The Masked Mage Posted - 28 Sep 2016 : 05:39:57
Fraz - old school Greyhawk ftw here :)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Sep 2016 : 03:15:06
I'm only familiar with a few of those demon lords. I know of them all, but could only give a line or two of information on maybe 4 -- and the others, not even that.

Other than elementals and deities, I'm simply not interested in entities on other planes. I can't even keep my baatezu and tanar'ri straight, much less the top dogs of their planes -- and ditto for those critters on the Higher planes.

For me, they're all plot devices, to be used when needed and disregarded the rest of the time. My interest is in the Prime and its inhabitants -- the planes can take care of themselves.

I will note, though, that since seeing Stranger Things, I will always refer to that one particular Demon Lord as the Demogorgon.
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 27 Sep 2016 : 20:19:17
Demogorgon I think
Cards77 Posted - 27 Sep 2016 : 04:45:49
Lolth is sooo cliche. So is Orcus though I do like him.

It has to Jubilex just for the pure disgust factor. The other demons are so cliche both in form and action. Oh yeah an evil seductress, THAT'S never been done before. Oh a pig faced demon lord that apparently Orcs are named after? OH yeah so imaginative!

Now a giant pile of quivering, vile, putrescent, oozing, formless mass of pure evil? ONLY cares about pure destruction and ruin, DOES NOT care for intrigue? SIGN ME UP. That is the essence of what it means to be true and completely chaotic evil.

Fellfire Posted - 26 Sep 2016 : 02:33:33
I could see a young Angelina as Malcanthet
Gyor Posted - 26 Sep 2016 : 02:11:44
quote:
Originally posted by Demzer

Malcanthet!

If i have to sell my soul, it better be to the hottest chick around.

Graz'zt it's a fail (3 layers and still not the prince of demons? pffft), Pazuzu would be my second choice because he always intrigued me and Baphomet 3rd because he's not your everyday smash-and-crash minotaur thingy but a clever experimenter and researcher.

No chick is worth selling your soul to, just ask Brad Pitt.
Shemmy Posted - 24 Sep 2016 : 13:10:55
Pale Night the Mother of Demons. Nobody else is even close in my book.
jordanz Posted - 23 Sep 2016 : 03:46:56
Honorable mentions to:

Kostchtchie
Dagon

Would love a series of novels set in the Abyss...
Fellfire Posted - 22 Sep 2016 : 17:54:56
I've seen this poll before and I still vote Pazuzu ftw. Pale Night as a close runner up. She is Dagon's mom, poor old lady.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 22 Sep 2016 : 17:32:28
I'm a bit surprised that voting for Demogorgon hasn't been bumped up a bit since Stranger Things has been released.
froglegg Posted - 21 Sep 2015 : 00:48:47
I voted Orcus.

John
Seravin Posted - 21 Sep 2015 : 00:35:20
Baphomet has always been my favorite demon lord! Close second would be Demogorgon.
sleyvas Posted - 20 Sep 2015 : 16:03:37
Though I love Orcus and have used him, I have to say Eltab, Lord of the Hidden Layer, is up there as my favorite due to his story and relation to the realms.

You know, one thing that does come to mind as I write this. I know we already "know" what the demoncysts are.... that somehow Eltab's layer of the abyss got intermixed with the realms. However, something kind of interesting just popped in my head... I don't know if its good or not, so give me feedback. What if Eltab had become a vestige / spirit being (ala Tome of Magic and binders) and his realm had become "hidden" because it had "slid" into the place where vestiges go? What if what the Narfellians did was anchor a piece of the place where vestiges go with the realms. It would fit with the whole sigil design thing.... hmmm, and it could also fit with how the Thayans entrapped Eltab as well in Eltabbar... Man, wish I had more time to speculate today, because I'm starting to like this.
Bladewind Posted - 20 Sep 2015 : 10:46:55
The sponsor of insidiously evil sciences, Baphomet, is my favorite. He has the scariest cultists, and they can be found in all parts of the Faerun, from the ruins of a monster lair in the desolate wilderness to the dim lit council rooms of empires.
jordanz Posted - 20 Sep 2015 : 03:29:15
Fraz-urb''luu - because being able to forcibly summon Demon Lords is way cool!
Korginard Posted - 18 Sep 2015 : 21:20:52
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrinishad

I picked Pazuzu; Asmodeus still owes him a favor that he has yet to cash in...

If you had a favor from Asmodeus.. would YOU call it in? EVER?
Not only would I be terrified of how he would twist it, just holding something like that over Asmodeus is dangerous even for a Demon Prince.
Of course he IS a Demon Prince so he doesn't care about trivial things like the Lord of all Evil smiting him down and stuffing him like a Thanksgiving Turkey
Cyrinishad Posted - 18 Sep 2015 : 18:22:00
I picked Pazuzu; Asmodeus still owes him a favor that he has yet to cash in...
Lilianviaten Posted - 18 Sep 2015 : 15:40:24
Hard to pick, but I'm partial to Yeenoghu. Demogorgon is great too though. I love the idea of him being at war with himself just as much as he's at war with Grazzt and Orcus. And I love that he has a watery layer with aboleths and krakens floating around.
Korginard Posted - 18 Sep 2015 : 15:31:43
Orcus of course!!! I've always loved that Goat Headed little dickens :)
I love the treatment he got in The Bloodstone Modules, especially the artwork. I personally would love to see his cult overcome Velsharoon and allow Orcus to take his place as the TRUE Lord of the Undead!
And besides, who here didn't LOVE seeing him zombify that Elder Brain and it's Illithids in the Rage of Demons Trailer :)
Barastir Posted - 18 Sep 2015 : 11:52:06
Love the classics! I'd vote for Orcus if Lolth weren't present. But how can I ignore the Demon Queen of Spiders?
Demzer Posted - 18 Sep 2015 : 09:33:44
Malcanthet!

If i have to sell my soul, it better be to the hottest chick around.

Graz'zt it's a fail (3 layers and still not the prince of demons? pffft), Pazuzu would be my second choice because he always intrigued me and Baphomet 3rd because he's not your everyday smash-and-crash minotaur thingy but a clever experimenter and researcher.
Rymac Posted - 18 Sep 2015 : 03:41:06
I voted for Graz"zt, but you could certainly make the case that Orcus (and his wand) deserve the number one spot, since he's been with D&D since or before 1st edition AD&D.
Delwa Posted - 18 Sep 2015 : 02:37:21
Orcus is the one I'm most read up on, as one of my PC's is currently involved with a Cult of Orcus. But Graz'zt is the one that intrigues me the most, and therefore got my vote. As I understand it, he's a devil that became a demon? That story just sound like something worth reading a novel about.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000