Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Ed's threads in the Chamber of Sages

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
George Krashos Posted - 20 Aug 2016 : 04:34:13
I was thinking that it would be handy to have all of Ed's previous annual threads stickied to the top of the Chamber of Sages rather than on scattered pages. Is that viable?

-- George Krashos
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alaundo Posted - 25 Aug 2016 : 10:00:33
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Lol Wooly I don't think you understand what I am saying. A one post scroll, with all of the links embedded in the post. Think simplicity my furry friend, simplicity. One scroll, stickied to the top, with all of the links inside it, in order...

I'm actually in the process of tinkering with something similar for the site, in collaboration with both Alaundo and scribe KanzanAU.

More to come on this, for sure!

Oh Candlekeep version 2 coming soon?

Well met

Oh this forever haunts me I believe I originally made claims for Candlekeep v2.0 to be surfacing several years ago. Alas, due to time constraints and some costs, it's had to go on the back burner.

There will be a move to a different forum infrastructure before the main site gets an overhaul, but I wouldn't start holding thy breath One day...
The Sage Posted - 22 Aug 2016 : 15:11:19
Unfortunately, that's not the exact case. Candlekeep 2 is a major undertaking. My little corner of the site, with the compilation of Ed's replies, will simply move forward with more aggressive updates.
Kentinal Posted - 21 Aug 2016 : 21:36:52
quote:

quote:

Lol Wooly I don't think you understand what I am saying. A one post scroll, with all of the links embedded in the post. Think simplicity my furry friend, simplicity. One scroll, stickied to the top, with all of the links inside it, in order...

I'm actually in the process of tinkering with something similar for the site, in collaboration with both Alaundo and scribe KanzanAU.

Oh Candlekeep version 2 coming soon?
Irennan Posted - 21 Aug 2016 : 17:59:07
quote:

Oh, and the next site update should include compilations for Ed's scroll right up to the month of July 2016.

Again, collaboration with both scribe KanzanAU and myself have managed to ensure that the significant lacking of prior scroll updates from late 2010 will soon be rectified.

Yay!

Thank you for all your work!
Arivia Posted - 21 Aug 2016 : 17:52:23
quote:

Oh, and the next site update should include compilations for Ed's scroll right up to the month of July 2016.

Again, collaboration with both scribe KanzanAU and myself have managed to ensure that the significant lacking of prior scroll updates from late 2010 will soon be rectified.

Yay!

I am super excited for this. Thank you!
Gary Dallison Posted - 21 Aug 2016 : 15:42:25
Yay. That means i can stop copying out the scrolls into word so i can easily find the answers.

Excellent job Sage and Kanzenau.
The Sage Posted - 21 Aug 2016 : 15:30:56

Yay!
The Sage Posted - 21 Aug 2016 : 15:28:58
quote:

Brimstone Posted - 21 Aug 2016 : 10:44:45

The Masked Mage Posted - 21 Aug 2016 : 09:23:29
I personally think the best way to adjust the Ask Ed threads would be to revise the search function to take you to the page a word or phrase is found, instead of just the thread. Pretty much every search I've ever done here has lead to one of the Ask Ed threads but reading through 500 pages of posts to find the one that contains the result is daunting at the very least - usually enough that I give up about on page 50 :P
Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 Aug 2016 : 03:17:41
quote:

One sticky scroll with one post that would be updated every year with the last scroll. Then start the next years scroll...

Some of the Ask Ed threads are more than 100 pages long. You think it would be viable to condense that down to a single post?
Brimstone Posted - 20 Aug 2016 : 23:25:50
Like this scroll
Brimstone Posted - 20 Aug 2016 : 23:23:57
One sticky scroll with one post that would be updated every year with the last scroll. Then start the next years scroll...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 20 Aug 2016 : 22:39:22
quote:

Wouldn't it be cleaner to compile all of the scroll's into one sticky scroll? That way you don't have 13 or more scrolls taking up space. Just a suggestion...

It would be one scroll that was literally hundreds of pages long -- like 600 or 700.
Brimstone Posted - 20 Aug 2016 : 20:41:42
Wouldn't it be cleaner to compile all of the scroll's into one sticky scroll? That way you don't have 13 or more scrolls taking up space. Just a suggestion...
George Krashos Posted - 20 Aug 2016 : 16:57:31
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

Out of curiosity, what does sticky topic mean?

It means that they are at the top of the page and don't get lost as more recent posts on other threads accumulate.

-- George Krashos
The Masked Mage Posted - 20 Aug 2016 : 16:53:47
Out of curiosity, what does sticky topic mean?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 20 Aug 2016 : 16:20:19
Indeed I do. It's hard being this awesome, sometimes, but someone's got to do it.

George Krashos Posted - 20 Aug 2016 : 05:41:15
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Seems reasonable enough.

A bit tedious to find them all and sticky them, but it's done.

You rock, oh Furry One.

-- George Krashos
Wooly Rupert Posted - 20 Aug 2016 : 04:48:15
Seems reasonable enough.

A bit tedious to find them all and sticky them, but it's done.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000