Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 The Lost Children of Evermeet

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ElaineCunningham Posted - 06 Jul 2016 : 16:16:12
One of the greatest sorrows than can befall any parent is outliving one's children. Amlauril of Evermeet lived long past the years allotted to most elves, and she saw most of her children and grandchildren pass on to Arvandor.

Most, but not all.

The secret history of Evermeet's royal Moonflower family, a short lore book that includes possible adventure hooks, strikes me as a niche product that would be of interest to a very small group of readers/gamers. But it might be fun.

Just brainstorming here.

30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Adhriva Posted - 12 Dec 2016 : 03:37:47
The DMsGuild only allows for 5e, no other editions of the game are allowed.
Markustay Posted - 12 Dec 2016 : 03:32:07
In OD&D and even in 1e, we had unique magic items that were written-up in such a way that they were self-contained, and 'rules agnostic'. For example, you find a magicians hat - Roll a D6; on a '1' you pull a rabbit out of the hat, on a '2', a freshly cooked, hearty meal (upon eating provides the same benefits as 8 hrs of rest), on a '3'..., etc, etc, usable once per week (and I would assume that if you ever stuck the hat on a snowman's head, it would come to life... 'Do you want to build a snowman?")

Or, I am quite sure you could find volunteers to make some things multi-edition. PCs should be easy in regards of stats - not much has changed over the years where they're concerned. Character classes - that's where you'd need experts, especially with 3e's penchant for layering PrCs like crazy. You wouldn't even need to do it all at once - a books could come out with only 5e crunch, and then you could have 'web enhancements' for each edition that would warrant it. You'd always want to at least do 3e stats with the 5e ones, just for the Pathfinder players.

And as I have already said elsewhere, I can offer maps, but thats about it.
TBeholder Posted - 12 Dec 2016 : 00:47:00
quote:
Originally posted by Nacopa

A tribket that can impart a memory as if it was your own, as one example.

Isn't that what tel'kiira do? Minus the ongoing confusion part.
Barastir Posted - 11 Dec 2016 : 12:56:46
Not sure if this project will come to fruition, but one more thing I think would be nice would be the inclusion of avariel, maybe the lost ones which supposedly traveled across the ocean and established a civilization in northern Maztica or beyond.
The Masked Mage Posted - 03 Dec 2016 : 05:18:46
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

Reposting this response to a question on my Q&A thread about the status of the proposed moonblade project and Reclamation:

The status is "unchanged," which is to say no additional progress has occurred.

Most of my time these days is spent working on a website startup and a nonfiction book. My current fiction project is "Burning," a short story for the anthology HATH NO FURY. There's a Kickstarter going on now, and it's nearly funded.

But I do plan to move forward with a DM Guild project. I think the "Lost Children of Evermeet" might be my best best--it's the most focused and contained of the topics I've pondered--but the research necessary for that will also help with the moonblade project. I don't have a long term schedule, but here are August's tasks, FYI:

• Read through Evermeet, compile info on the Moonflower royal family

• Brief narrative outline for the life story of each of the royal offspring

• Brainstorm possible adventure hooks

The reception to a small project of this nature will give me more info about how the DM Guild works and help me better assess if I can afford to spend the time that a moonblade product would require.

If you ever end up getting this done let me know... I think the biggest problem you have with response on DM guild will be getting the word out. I never see anything about new things there unless I search it for hours.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 26 Nov 2016 : 15:03:10
Elaine... Could you possibly add some information about House Ahmaquissar. They were in the Elves of Evermeet book, but little was said about them besides that they are the most fun-loving, adventurous Moon Elf House on Evermeet devoted to Erevan Ilesere. Just a hopeful thought. Thanks.

CEV.
BenN Posted - 17 Aug 2016 : 05:00:53
Sounds great! I'm really looking forward to this!
ElaineCunningham Posted - 16 Aug 2016 : 16:16:14
Reposting this response to a question on my Q&A thread about the status of the proposed moonblade project and Reclamation:

The status is "unchanged," which is to say no additional progress has occurred.

Most of my time these days is spent working on a website startup and a nonfiction book. My current fiction project is "Burning," a short story for the anthology HATH NO FURY. There's a Kickstarter going on now, and it's nearly funded.

But I do plan to move forward with a DM Guild project. I think the "Lost Children of Evermeet" might be my best best--it's the most focused and contained of the topics I've pondered--but the research necessary for that will also help with the moonblade project. I don't have a long term schedule, but here are August's tasks, FYI:

• Read through Evermeet, compile info on the Moonflower royal family

• Brief narrative outline for the life story of each of the royal offspring

• Brainstorm possible adventure hooks

The reception to a small project of this nature will give me more info about how the DM Guild works and help me better assess if I can afford to spend the time that a moonblade product would require.

ElaineCunningham Posted - 09 Aug 2016 : 02:19:00
quote:
Originally posted by Nacopa

Because I'd love to read to my players box text that you've written, I would humbly suggest to have some form of flashback, clairvoyance or scrying of an event related to the royal bloodline. A tribket that can impart a memory as if it was your own, as one example.

This is a nifty idea, and it would be easy to incorporate. Thanks!
George Krashos Posted - 05 Aug 2016 : 08:00:31
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

You can get literally every issue of Dragon Magazine in PDF form - the first 250 are OCRd scans from the cd set the sold - the quality of many of the pictures from that product was terrible and still bothers me sometimes :P . Next bunch I'm assuming were just scans people made, so ymmv. The newest ones were made for PDf so are pristine files with perfect words and pictures.

No idea how legal it all is, but I know they all can be (or could be) bought from online retailers.

You should get them - Ed wrote a ton of articles for Dragon, so its a huge source of info on FR and a great window into the maker's head :). There is a significant amount of FR lore that never made it into any other source, as well as a lot that shaped future products (Pages From The Mages for example).

There is an online archive of Dragon magazines from 1 to 250, all accessible in PDF format. PM me if you can't find it through a simple Google search.

-- George Krashos
Nacopa Posted - 05 Aug 2016 : 07:43:21
Because I'd love to read to my players box text that you've written, I would humbly suggest to have some form of flashback, clairvoyance or scrying of an event related to the royal bloodline. A tribket that can impart a memory as if it was your own, as one example.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 13 Jul 2016 : 17:39:35
We don't have half-pricedone books, but we do have Powells, which is a huge new and used bookstore.
Brimstone Posted - 13 Jul 2016 : 12:45:18
Also check Half Priced Books if you have them in your area. I find all kinds of old Dungeon/Dragon magazines. Usually for around $1.00.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 13 Jul 2016 : 05:04:00
The Sage Posted - 13 Jul 2016 : 04:27:22
The DM's Guild, as I recall. I've noticed that they're featuring both the pre- and post-digital issues of DRAGON for purchase [as PDFs] and dowload.

If you're looking purely for printed issues, then I suggest nobleknight.com, for reasonably priced second-hand copies of almost the entire range of DRAGON Magazines.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 13 Jul 2016 : 03:35:22
Any ideas on where I can purchase them?
The Masked Mage Posted - 13 Jul 2016 : 03:19:27
You can get literally every issue of Dragon Magazine in PDF form - the first 250 are OCRd scans from the cd set the sold - the quality of many of the pictures from that product was terrible and still bothers me sometimes :P . Next bunch I'm assuming were just scans people made, so ymmv. The newest ones were made for PDf so are pristine files with perfect words and pictures.

No idea how legal it all is, but I know they all can be (or could be) bought from online retailers.

You should get them - Ed wrote a ton of articles for Dragon, so its a huge source of info on FR and a great window into the maker's head :). There is a significant amount of FR lore that never made it into any other source, as well as a lot that shaped future products (Pages From The Mages for example).
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Jul 2016 : 02:18:16
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

True--I just assumed they were now in the archives, so to speak ^^;

I've never seen them legally distributed outside of the CD set; but I've also not looked.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 13 Jul 2016 : 01:15:26
True--I just assumed they were now in the archives, so to speak ^^;
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Jul 2016 : 01:11:30
quote:

Is there a place I can access these articles? I had subscribed to Dragon magazine a few years ago, but I wasn't really reading it (not the biggest fan of pdfs) so I canceled my subscription.

Those issues of Dragon were print issues; they rather predated the DDI. They do exist as pdfs, but it's possible to track down the print issues.

I actually don't know if those pdfs are distributed anywhere; I have them as part of the long-ago Dragon Magazine Archive CD-ROM set.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 12 Jul 2016 : 22:37:31
Is there a place I can access these articles? I had subscribed to Dragon magazine a few years ago, but I wasn't really reading it (not the biggest fan of pdfs) so I canceled my subscription.
sleyvas Posted - 12 Jul 2016 : 22:23:32
quote:

I would also like to know where you can read up on thsee elves.

Dragon Magazine #155 (March 1990) from 2nd edition (so it was around the same time that the City of Gold Lore was released <1992>, lending more credence). That issue also includes a decent amount of elven lore, including 6 lesser deities of the seldarine named

Araleth Letheranil (god of light), Kirith Sotheril (goddess of divination and enchantment magic), Melira Taralen (goddess of fine arts), Naris Analor (god of healing, suffering,
and death), Tarsellis Meunnidiun (Patron of Snow Elves, Lord of Mountains), and Rellavar Danuvien (The Frost Sprite King, Warder against Elements) . These deities were revisited in dragon 236, wherein there are links to FR established in the allies list (Araleth is an ally of Selune, Taralen is an ally of Oghma and Milil, Naralis is an ally of Ilmater and Kelemvor, etc...)

Hmmmm, actually glad I dug into this.... the Dragon 236 update on the deities actually states that Tarsellis and Fenmarel are separate (in that they're allies and not an alias for Tarsellis). Both Fenmarel and Tarsellis are noted as having had a fling with Lolth before she was cast out. Ah, and actually that dragon entry for Rellavar Danuvien is kind of interesting since Aurilandur was known as the Frost Sprite Queen before becoming the Queen of Air and Darkness.... guessing the king and queen had a bad breakup when she was infected by the black gem.
The Sage Posted - 12 Jul 2016 : 04:20:14
I'm exceedingly excited by what I'm reading for this idea, Elaine. Looking forward to seeing more.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 10 Jul 2016 : 20:19:27
I would also like to know where you can read up on thsee elves.
sleyvas Posted - 10 Jul 2016 : 20:07:22
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Just to throw out there as well.... the Poscadar elves of Maztica. From their history in City of Gold, it would appear that the Poscadar Elves are Snow Elves who came south
Maybe.
quote:
Thus they are likely followers of Fenmarel Mestarine

Does not follow.
For other options - they may venerate Tarsellis Meunniduin. Or even non-Seldarine (see also: Yuir).
quote:
(they absolutely fit the ethos of the Lone Wolf).

How so? If anything, they are less insular and more friendly than typical wood elves, let alone grumpy followers of Fenmarel.

quote:
Might there be some involvement with them and diplomatic relations with Evermeet. Not sure if its an idea worth looking into, but its at least something different and its fairly "open" as the only thing done with the Poscadar elves was back in 2e City of Gold as far as I know (and that wasn't much).

Maybe. Speaking of which, we don't know what is Evermeet's game with Maztica. Nor do those who have to deal with either, of course.

The reason I linked them with snow elves was also their general body type and such. They're tall and lanky, like snow elves, and they come from a formerly snowy area. The linkage to Fenmarel Mestarine is that he appears to be Tarsellis if you read his history in demi-human deities (both had a fling with Lolth, both are now outcasts from the Seldarine, both betrayed the Seldarine, etc...), though true that could be a misnomer. In fact, I half wonder if these aren't transplants from Greyhawk via portal or spelljamming (it should be noted that the "City of Gold" named Michaca apparently at one time held powerful and corrupt arcanists of some sort who did have some involvement with spelljamming according to City of Gold... which when I heard that also made me wonder if any Netherese had come here).
Gary Dallison Posted - 10 Jul 2016 : 17:01:36
After alluding to it i realised i cant remember the name of the elven city that was suppposedly sunk. I dont suppose someone can refresh my memory so i can write it down.
TBeholder Posted - 10 Jul 2016 : 11:02:33
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Just to throw out there as well.... the Poscadar elves of Maztica. From their history in City of Gold, it would appear that the Poscadar Elves are Snow Elves who came south
Maybe.
quote:
Thus they are likely followers of Fenmarel Mestarine

Does not follow.
For other options - they may venerate Tarsellis Meunniduin. Or even non-Seldarine (see also: Yuir).
quote:
(they absolutely fit the ethos of the Lone Wolf).

How so? If anything, they are less insular and more friendly than typical wood elves, let alone grumpy followers of Fenmarel.

quote:
Might there be some involvement with them and diplomatic relations with Evermeet. Not sure if its an idea worth looking into, but its at least something different and its fairly "open" as the only thing done with the Poscadar elves was back in 2e City of Gold as far as I know (and that wasn't much).

Maybe. Speaking of which, we don't know what is Evermeet's game with Maztica. Nor do those who have to deal with either, of course.
Gary Dallison Posted - 09 Jul 2016 : 19:14:14
It might just be me, but i would use the sundering (the elven one) as the origin for the poscadar and elves on other continents

Evermeet is excellently placed to allow elves to travel anywhere to reach the other continents ( north at the pole is just a short trek to karatur or the endless wastes, west to maztica, east to faerun, south east to zakhara).

We know the vyshaan created evermeet under malkizids influence. What we dont know is why. What if it was to destroy a strong enemy of the vyshaan. The sundering rippled back and forth in time so it would have erased almost all knowledge of this enemy nation before it even existed.

Can anyone think of an elven city that sunk beneath the waves at some unknown location at some unknown point in the past?

The survivors that became the natives of evermeet could then been displaced when the vyshaan arrived to claim their prize (or they could have fled earlier)

Just a thought and it might be a mad one but it solves an old fr secret while creating a few more possibilities.
sleyvas Posted - 09 Jul 2016 : 17:41:23
Just to throw out there as well.... the Poscadar elves of Maztica. From their history in City of Gold, it would appear that the Poscadar Elves are Snow Elves who came south to the area around Anchorome / Maztica. Thus they are likely followers of Fenmarel Mestarine (they absolutely fit the ethos of the Lone Wolf). Might there be some involvement with them and diplomatic relations with Evermeet. Not sure if its an idea worth looking into, but its at least something different and its fairly "open" as the only thing done with the Poscadar elves was back in 2e City of Gold as far as I know (and that wasn't much).

Poscadar Elves

The plateau north of the Pasocada River and Long Canyon is home to the Poscadar Elves#151;a tall, bronze skinned tribe of demi-humans who lead a nomadic existence hunting bison and other great game across the grassy plains. Poscadar lore says the elves came from the north, generations ago, where they were first created by the gods in a land of perpetual ice and snow. A wise shaman led them south, where the sun shone warm in the summer, and the great wild herds assured health and plenty year round. Here they met humans ancestors of the Azuposi #151;who befriended them and
traded grains for hides and meat from the elves. For all remembered generations, even to the present day, the Poscadari and the Azuposi have been at peace.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 09 Jul 2016 : 02:15:12
Evermeet ships have also been seen on the sword coast, and according to the Sword Coast Adventurers Guide, Evermeet is more accessible again.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000