Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Zak and Jarlaxle back story info.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Drizztsmanchild Posted - 07 Jun 2016 : 10:05:38
So it seems like this is a no go for now, I'm hoping its temporary but it might tie in to the post in a nother thread about WoTC getting rid of novels(if i read that correctly). Below is a link to a tweet that Bob responded to a fan when asked about the story. He basically says it's not happening.
https://twitter.com/r_a_salvatore/status/738698539820277760
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sno4wy Posted - 22 Sep 2016 : 14:15:39
quote:
Originally posted by strafer

I wonder of Ryld is a homage to Zak.

I doubt it. Ryld more likely represents the no small number of disenfranchised male drow that'd only pay lip service/fake devotion to Lolth. If anything, it's unrealistic for a whole category of people that the dominant faith and/or belief puts on a lower level than another group of people to not be disgruntled by their status. Honestly, Bob's portrayal of characters like Zak and Drizzt being the rare outliers is unrealistic.
strafer Posted - 22 Sep 2016 : 04:52:53
strafer Posted - 22 Sep 2016 : 04:51:33
CTrunks Posted - 13 Jun 2016 : 12:28:42
While it's disappointing... a part of me would rather not know. It's like when things are mentioned about a setting's past, and it's this really mysterious thing you want to learn more about, and not just from one person's biased recollection.

But then, you actually get it. Sometimes, it still works. Other times... it's the Prequel Trilogy, or Enterprise.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Jun 2016 : 15:48:27
quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

quote:
Originally posted by BrianDavion

honestly the refusal to revisit the past seems a tad silly, I bet they could make good money by exploring the past. hell publish a crown wars campaign book, I bet it'd be suprisingly popular

It just proves how out of touch companies can be with their customers.

Not necessarily... It could simply be that the majority of fans would prefer content that moves forward, not backwards.

For me, the reason I'm no longer a Dragonlance fan is because at the time, we had the Chronicles and the Legends trilogies -- and then they simply stopped moving forward, and it became "hey, let's tell backstories of the main characters that are never referenced anywhere else, and let's also go into the distant past!"
Artemas Entreri Posted - 12 Jun 2016 : 14:41:03
quote:
Originally posted by BrianDavion

honestly the refusal to revisit the past seems a tad silly, I bet they could make good money by exploring the past. hell publish a crown wars campaign book, I bet it'd be suprisingly popular

It just proves how out of touch companies can be with their customers.
BrianDavion Posted - 12 Jun 2016 : 05:56:20
CorellonsDevout Posted - 10 Jun 2016 : 22:57:01
I've already stated my opinions about this in the past (or anything concerning Zak) in previous threads, so I'll refrain for now ;P
BrianDavion Posted - 08 Jun 2016 : 20:57:10
it's a shame really. Cormyr: a Novel, and Evermeet: Island of the Elves, are some of my favorite FR books. I'd love to see RA Salvatore take that approuch to a Drizzt book
Aulduron Posted - 08 Jun 2016 : 19:31:33
There is a short story, somewhere, about them.
Irennan Posted - 07 Jun 2016 : 14:23:22
quote:
Originally posted by Drizztsmanchild

So it seems like this is a no go for now, I'm hoping its temporary but it might tie in to the post in a nother thread about WoTC getting rid of novels(if i read that correctly). Below is a link to a tweet that Bob responded to a fan when asked about the story. He basically says it's not happening.
https://twitter.com/r_a_salvatore/status/738698539820277760

This is not really new, but thanks for the info. Many authors have said that WotC's stance firmly is ''no going back to the past''.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 07 Jun 2016 : 14:18:07
Why on earth would Salvatore want to write about something that a bunch of us actually care about when he can continue to churn out the same book/storyline repeatedly? I'm not an author, but I would imagine that copy/pasting is much easier than writing something new.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000