Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 maps and the dms guild

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
shades of eternity Posted - 25 May 2016 : 06:28:15
I'm reading over the contract.

I'm reading you cannot use maps outside of dmgsguild resources

However, are you allowed to draw a map as a particular area if it is not covered.

are their any forgotten realm maps that are covered by the dms guild?

Thanks in advance.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cards77 Posted - 10 Jul 2016 : 01:51:59
Since one does not exist, I'm working on a canon-accurate map of Calling Horns. I have hand drawn it to scale on graph paper and I'm looking for an artist to render it in some sort of mapping application. I would like to make the final product freely available to the community both here on Candlekeep and possibly via other sites as well (DM's guild perhaps). The artist can retain all rights to the map, I simply wish to be credited with the design. Please sent me a PM if you're interested. Thank you
Cards77 Posted - 19 Jun 2016 : 15:46:43
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

In the public domain, there are a few floating around. Unfortunately the absolute best one that Mark did in conjunction with Eric's High Forest project is as yet unreleased. Maybe one day ...

-- George Krashos

You guys have been teasing us for years. I so would love to see what he's done. I remember he did quite a lot with Aramycos. I just hope all his hard work gets to see the light of day at some point.

I can tell you that it will have a place of honor at our gaming table for sure. My players are in love with the High Forest (as am I).

Has there been any discussion of releasing it on DM's Guild?

I would pay any asking price, literally.
Gary Dallison Posted - 19 Jun 2016 : 14:06:47
Thats a shame, i was hoping you would be able to use your influence to get eric to release it.
George Krashos Posted - 19 Jun 2016 : 09:21:01
Nope. You know as much as I do.

-- George Krashos
Gary Dallison Posted - 19 Jun 2016 : 07:36:54
I really hope you know something we dont about that project.
George Krashos Posted - 19 Jun 2016 : 02:56:17
In the public domain, there are a few floating around. Unfortunately the absolute best one that Mark did in conjunction with Eric's High Forest project is as yet unreleased. Maybe one day ...

-- George Krashos
Cards77 Posted - 18 Jun 2016 : 17:04:33
I'm looking for a detailed map of the High Forest. Any ideas?
Brimstone Posted - 26 May 2016 : 20:05:03
Did Mark add to it. I don't know, I never owned the Interactive Atlas.
Adhriva Posted - 26 May 2016 : 06:38:02
That is from the Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas, published in 1999
shades of eternity Posted - 26 May 2016 : 05:39:54
I have, it's fantastic. :)

however, trying to determine a map (west side of anauroch) I've found is somebody's fan work or a part of an official map

here goes nothing.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/MarkusTay/Map%20Snippets/Anauroch_CloseUp_zps262d316c.jpg
sleyvas Posted - 26 May 2016 : 04:16:44
look for Map of Thay
Adhriva Posted - 25 May 2016 : 11:41:53
It's treated much the same as an illustration. Rights to the work of art or cartography do not change hands by putting it on the DMG. You also are required to have the rights to the artwork or cartography in order to put it on the DMG in the first place (which are what's considered DMGguild resources (stock IP assets WotC provided), or commissioned art/cartography you have gained the rights from in other ways such as a contract with the artist/s).

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000