Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Urban dungeons for Waterdeep

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cards77 Posted - 15 Apr 2016 : 16:55:59
I'm looking for some smaller dungeons that I can put in an urban setting. We definitely aren't ready for Undermountain I'm looking for smaller dungeons that can be done in a few sessions. I'm pretty overwhelmed by all the new (and old) materials out there.

Right now I only have the one small vault in the back of the 3.5 edition Waterdeep book.

I'm using Pathfinder but I can adapt most anything.

Any ideas would be helpful. Thank you.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LordXenophon Posted - 02 May 2018 : 14:15:00
I don't know if it was ever published as an adventure, but one of the Driz'zt novels put such a dungeon under Calimport. It was the headquarters of the thieves guild. They had linked several basements together, apparently also cutting them off from the buildings above them.

It wouldn't be too hard to make one of these. Just cut and paste a few basements from whatever floor plans you can find, dig tunnels to link them, and decide what each room is being used for. Erase anything that doesn't look right to you and most of the stairs. Then populate the place with the Evil People of your choice. It shouldn't take any longer than reading through a published adventure.
Cards77 Posted - 05 May 2016 : 00:37:28
quote:
Originally posted by Thrasymachus

The Vampires of Waterdeep campaign arc was a set of three linked adventures, written by Eric L. Boyd, which appeared in the pages of Dungeon magazine:

Blood of Malar (Dungeon #126)
Seductive vampires, hungry werewolves, sinister drug dealers, trouble in the sewers, and an undead beholder? Just another day in Waterdeep! The first adventure in the Vampires of Waterdeep Campaign Arc, “Blood of Malar” is a FORGOTTEN REALMS adventure for 13th-level characters.

Dungeon of the Crypt (Dungeon #127)
The High Hunt leaves the streets of Waterdeep and heads beneath the City of the Dead where monstrous criminal overlords compete for the favor of their mysterious master. It will take more than skill with a blade to cut through the web of deceit and treachery that surrounds the Vampire Master of Waterdeep. Do you have what it takes to survive the Dungeon of the Crypt? A FORGOTTEN REALMS adventure for 13th-level characters.

The Fireplace Level (Dungeon #128)
The High Hunt draws to a close deep beneath the noble villas of the North Ward, but bearding Waterdeep’s vampire master in his lair threatens to unleash the buried ghosts of a forgotten feud between two of Waterdeep’s merchant houses. The third adventure in the Vampires of Waterdeep Campaign Arc, “The Fireplace Level,” is A FORGOTTEN REALMS adventure for 14th-level characters.

FR1 Waterdeep and the North has an great map of the sewers, and can be gotten on the cheap. Some of the later Waterdeep material updated.

There's also the Skullport option which would allow you to be on the edge of Undermountain, and I believe there was a direct route that allowed you to bypass Undermountain.

Thank you. I do plan to run these soon but they won't work right now for these PCs (9th level Bard and Rogue).

I have the City System boxed set, the City of Splendors boxed set and Waterdeep so I have plenty of good sewer maps.

Thanks again for the reminder. I need to start that campaign arc with my "main" PC group. I can adjust it down to 9th level I suppose.
Thrasymachus Posted - 04 May 2016 : 20:28:54
The Vampires of Waterdeep campaign arc was a set of three linked adventures, written by Eric L. Boyd, which appeared in the pages of Dungeon magazine:

Blood of Malar (Dungeon #126)
Seductive vampires, hungry werewolves, sinister drug dealers, trouble in the sewers, and an undead beholder? Just another day in Waterdeep! The first adventure in the Vampires of Waterdeep Campaign Arc, “Blood of Malar” is a FORGOTTEN REALMS adventure for 13th-level characters.

Dungeon of the Crypt (Dungeon #127)
The High Hunt leaves the streets of Waterdeep and heads beneath the City of the Dead where monstrous criminal overlords compete for the favor of their mysterious master. It will take more than skill with a blade to cut through the web of deceit and treachery that surrounds the Vampire Master of Waterdeep. Do you have what it takes to survive the Dungeon of the Crypt? A FORGOTTEN REALMS adventure for 13th-level characters.

The Fireplace Level (Dungeon #128)
The High Hunt draws to a close deep beneath the noble villas of the North Ward, but bearding Waterdeep’s vampire master in his lair threatens to unleash the buried ghosts of a forgotten feud between two of Waterdeep’s merchant houses. The third adventure in the Vampires of Waterdeep Campaign Arc, “The Fireplace Level,” is A FORGOTTEN REALMS adventure for 14th-level characters.

FR1 Waterdeep and the North has an great map of the sewers, and can be gotten on the cheap. Some of the later Waterdeep material updated.

There's also the Skullport option which would allow you to be on the edge of Undermountain, and I believe there was a direct route that allowed you to bypass Undermountain.
Cards77 Posted - 19 Apr 2016 : 00:39:27
quote:
Originally posted by Mystic Lemur

quote:
Originally posted by Cards77

quote:
Originally posted by Bladewind

Have a look at the free living forgotten realms adventures set in Waterdeep, particularly the lower level ones.

I particularly like the low level adventure Born by Fiends, set in Elturel involving the building a waterclock before a holy day, which sets the PC's on an intrigue laden investigation and little foray outside the city proper in to a days ride out adventure on the trade routes and a hurried return to the city.

Thanks. Most of those links no longer work but got what I could and will try to make them fit. The events of 4E are greek to me but hopefully some of these will work stand alone.

This is the direct link to the LFR Adventure Archive. WotC is notorious for having assets on their site with no way to find them. :-/

http://media.wizards.com/downloads/dnd/LFR_Archive.zip

Thank you!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 18 Apr 2016 : 04:06:52
quote:
Originally posted by Mystic Lemur

quote:

quote:

Have a look at the free living forgotten realms adventures set in Waterdeep, particularly the lower level ones.

I particularly like the low level adventure Born by Fiends, set in Elturel involving the building a waterclock before a holy day, which sets the PC's on an intrigue laden investigation and little foray outside the city proper in to a days ride out adventure on the trade routes and a hurried return to the city.

Thanks. Most of those links no longer work but got what I could and will try to make them fit. The events of 4E are greek to me but hopefully some of these will work stand alone.

This is the direct link to the LFR Adventure Archive. WotC is notorious for having assets on their site with no way to find them. :-/

It's because they love to rearrange their site, but can't ever be bothered to worry about minor details like updating links.
Mystic Lemur Posted - 18 Apr 2016 : 03:39:41
quote:

quote:

Cards77 Posted - 17 Apr 2016 : 23:45:46
I perused both of those suggestions. Didn't see dungeons, or anything useful really. Just extra rules. Most that ground is already covered in Waterdeep and the City of Splendors boxed set.
Diffan Posted - 16 Apr 2016 : 15:12:54
Dungeonscape and Cityscape (3.5 supplements) could also be easily adapted to fit in Waterdeep, especially the latter one.
Cards77 Posted - 15 Apr 2016 : 23:13:42
quote:

Faraer Posted - 15 Apr 2016 : 19:49:11
'Lost Coins and Flying Bones' (Ed Greenwood, All Stars Take on the Mega Dungeon pp. 30–42)
'Otyughs (3)' (Ed Greenwood, REF4 The Book of Lairs II pp. 7–9)
'Extraction from Jaezred Fosterage' (Eric L. Boyd, 'City of Wyrmshadows' pp. 8–19)
And there's the capsule adventures (though not dungeons) in FR1 Waterdeep and the North.
Bladewind Posted - 15 Apr 2016 : 18:53:23

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000