Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 A work about Eilistraee and her faith

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Irennan Posted - 04 Mar 2016 : 14:28:45
For those of you who are interested in Eilistraee and her followers, I've uploaded a (free) document on the DMGuild. I've tried to gather all the info that I could find in printed sources and Ed's lore, and compiled them into this work. I've also expanded upon the events in the Lady Penitent series, in light of Eilistraee's return and of what Ed has revealed about the events in those books, and included some 5e D&D rules for the holy artifacts of Eilistraee, and for her clergy. I hope that the document is enjoyable, and (of course) feedback of all kind is welcome (I don't mind blunt comments).

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/176361/The-Dark-Maiden-beckons-On-the-drow-goddess-Eilistraee-and-her-Faith
22   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Irennan Posted - 15 Aug 2018 : 02:44:01
Added a bardic college (Spellsong) focusing on the use of the inspiration dice to add effect to spells.
Irennan Posted - 23 May 2018 : 15:15:48
The document has been revised thanks to feedback. Added more info about how the drow of Eilistraee integrate with other races (and get to live within their settlements), and of how they help other drow break free from Lolth.

As for the mechanics, the Sword Dancer domain has been updated and brought in line with the 5e standard; added a Darksong Knight paladin oath; added a Sword Dancer NPC stat block.
Irennan Posted - 08 Aug 2016 : 14:57:18
I've expanded the section about the relationship between the followers of Eilistraee in Cormanthor and the refugees of Myth Drannor. Many thanks to Adhriva, who allowed me to enrich this work with ideas and characters from her work “Eclipsed Empire” (which is unfortunately currently on a hold, since the DMGuild doesn't allow fiction to be published. Unless they happen to be shrot stories and the likes, it seems).

I've also updated the document with the info contained in Death Masks.
Irennan Posted - 05 Jun 2016 : 13:39:19
You're welcome. I hope that it is useful and enjoyable.
BrianDavion Posted - 05 Jun 2016 : 06:19:01
just got this PDF and sent it to a Friend of mine playing a elistraeeian in our new 5th edition game, the both of us extend our thanks
Irennan Posted - 25 Mar 2016 : 14:28:20
quote:
Originally posted by Zanthox

Great work! I picked this up and will be using what I can with my bard follower of Eilistraee I'm playing for OotA.

Good gaming!
Zanthox Posted - 24 Mar 2016 : 21:45:41
Great work! I picked this up and will be using what I can with my bard follower of Eilistraee I'm playing for OotA.
Irennan Posted - 09 Mar 2016 : 16:35:35
Oh, don't worry, there's no need to apologize.
Dewaint Posted - 09 Mar 2016 : 16:22:52
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

quote:
Originally posted by Dewaint

Hi Irennan

noticed that you uploaded a v2 of the domain. Probably I missed it, any updates worth mentioning?

Is just not my day ....

Sorry.

Sorry about what?

Hi Irennan,

Sorry about not noticing the descriptive update at the very top of introduction over there at DMs Guild.

Irennan Posted - 07 Mar 2016 : 19:57:10
Oh, and I'll say that I'm not very familiar with how 5e plays (I've read it, but never played it, because I simply can't). So, if you have some suggestion, I would appreciate it
Irennan Posted - 07 Mar 2016 : 19:55:23
quote:
Originally posted by Dewaint

Hi Irennan

noticed that you uploaded a v2 of the domain. Probably I missed it, any updates worth mentioning?

Is just not my day ....

Sorry.

Sorry about what?

I've made some changes to the Channel divinity feature, and heavily changed the 8th level one. This was mostly in response to some feedback that I received (I've mentioned it above, in this thread).

I added another pdf just for the domain, to make it easier to modify if I receive other feedback.
Dewaint Posted - 07 Mar 2016 : 19:47:39
Hi Irennan

Is just not my day ....

Sorry.
Irennan Posted - 07 Mar 2016 : 04:37:48
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to complete? You list quite a number of sources, so I am wondering how long it took for you to compile it all.

And once again, great work!

It took me like 3 weeks-1 month. I was slowed down by my part-time job, and by rather crappy recent happenings that dragged my mood down.

About the sources, I mostly had to use them to check facts, since I recalled much of the info that I needed.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 07 Mar 2016 : 04:27:32
Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to complete? You list quite a number of sources, so I am wondering how long it took for you to compile it all.

And once again, great work!
Irennan Posted - 06 Mar 2016 : 13:24:06
Oh, and if any of you feels like it, a rating on the DMguild site would certainly be appreciated.
Irennan Posted - 06 Mar 2016 : 13:19:38
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

Mechanically, I liked the options. Nothing seemed glaringly overpowered. I'm letting my players take a stab at the options presented. Nobody is rolling up characters for anything at the moment, we're in the middle of a campaign. But generally, if something is easily exploitable, they'll find it and I'll find out about it fairly quickly via a "for my next character, I want to make a cleric of Eilistraee with this feat..." and I know to start scrutinizing things. If I haven't had such a message in a tenday, that means you're probably ok, or underpowered.

The feedback that I've got up to now is that the Channel divinity should use the concentration mechanic, and have its bonuses toned a bit down. The 8th level feature is too weak, not by itself, but in the sense that the class doesn't deal enough damage: it just has precision, making it hard to use effectively in melee. If anything, that's a starting point.

quote:
Originally posted by BenN
I was very impressed; it's obvious that you put a lot of work into this. Great job!

Thanks!
BenN Posted - 06 Mar 2016 : 10:41:56
I was very impressed; it's obvious that you put a lot of work into this. Great job!
Delwa Posted - 06 Mar 2016 : 05:26:37
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

You're welcome, and let me know if you find things that can be improved.

I found nothing lore-wise. But I'm not nearly as well versed in the Dark Maiden's faith as you apparently are.

Mechanically, I liked the options. Nothing seemed glaringly overpowered. I'm letting my players take a stab at the options presented. Nobody is rolling up characters for anything at the moment, we're in the middle of a campaign. But generally, if something is easily exploitable, they'll find it and I'll find out about it fairly quickly via a "for my next character, I want to make a cleric of Eilistraee with this feat..." and I know to start scrutinizing things. If I haven't had such a message in a tenday, that means you're probably ok, or underpowered.
Irennan Posted - 06 Mar 2016 : 01:02:20
You're welcome, and let me know if you find things that can be improved.
Delwa Posted - 05 Mar 2016 : 23:18:26
Got it. Printed it booklet style, thumbed through it, liked very much what I saw. Now I'm about to grab a block of cheese, curl up and read it cover to cover. We thank you for our evening's entertainment and enrichment.
Irennan Posted - 05 Mar 2016 : 17:16:24
I'm glad that you liked it
Mournblade Posted - 05 Mar 2016 : 17:12:15
Ah figured it was you! Good work!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000