Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Volo Returns

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rils Posted - 19 Feb 2016 : 16:01:55
The new issue of Dragon+ is out. Read Page 8 - Fans of Volo won't be disappointed.

http://www.dragonmag.com/5.0/#!/article/106799/101184427?loadFresh=true&title=06_08_Travel%20Talk%3A%20Ravenloft
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Artemas Entreri Posted - 23 Feb 2016 : 15:05:09
quote:
Originally posted by moonbeast

quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri
I'm not knocking anything. I love Volo. I love Ravenloft. I also love spaghetti and ice cream, but I would never think of eating both mixed together.

Clearly you've never tried strawberry ice cream on top of pork chops. So delicious.

Hmm, that sounds like one of those pregnant woman cravings...
moonbeast Posted - 23 Feb 2016 : 14:34:52
quote:
I'm not knocking anything. I love Volo. I love Ravenloft. I also love spaghetti and ice cream, but I would never think of eating both mixed together.

Clearly you've never tried strawberry ice cream on top of pork chops. So delicious.

Artemas Entreri Posted - 22 Feb 2016 : 18:07:24
quote:
Originally posted by moonbeast

quote:

Volo in Ravenloft? Meh.

Don't knock it before you've read it.

quote:
Originally posted by Rils

And Artemas, as others said, don't knock it till you read it.

Artemas Entreri Posted - 22 Feb 2016 : 17:58:04
quote:
Originally posted by deserk

This is a really strange and annoying choice, a Volo's Guide article for something that isn't even in the Realms. Was the point of it just to be clickbait?

Hopefully this is just the beginning of a regularly published Volo tour written by Ed where Volo is writing about obscure areas of the Realms.
moonbeast Posted - 22 Feb 2016 : 17:44:15
Volo volare!

sorry, couldn't resist
Zanthox Posted - 21 Feb 2016 : 11:03:32
I'm glad they are bring Volo back, at least a bit. I'll have to download the latest issue.
Eilserus Posted - 19 Feb 2016 : 23:49:12
quote:
Originally posted by Rymac

Definitely gonna download it and read it. I wonder if the Ravenloft angle is how they will get around the 100 year gap between the travelogues written in the 1300s DR to new ones written in the 1400s DR.

"Oops, sorry Volo. Although you escaped the Mists of Ravenloft, around 100 years has passed in the Forgotten Realms since you left."

I got the impression Volo was some sort of undead during that time.
deserk Posted - 19 Feb 2016 : 21:26:02
This is a really strange and annoying choice, a Volo's Guide article for something that isn't even in the Realms. Was the point of it just to be clickbait?
Rils Posted - 19 Feb 2016 : 20:41:46
Yeah, the app is tricky, it's much much easier to read online using the link in the OP.

I'm not familiar with the original Ravenloft module, but I imagine there's a lot of easter eggs for those who know what to look for. The mention "If you meet a fellow named von Richten, introduce yourself, you'll like him" made me chuckle.

And Artemas, as others said, don't knock it till you read it. It's not "Volo in Ravenloft", its "Volo takes a surprise visit to Ravenloft and we see his short visit through his unique perspective." A fun read, and good to see our intrepid traveloguer back in business!
moonbeast Posted - 19 Feb 2016 : 20:33:05
This Volo's travelogue hints strongly that van Richten (another one of D&D's legendary NPCs) is alive and well…. quite possibly lurking somewhere in Barovia?
Artemas Entreri Posted - 19 Feb 2016 : 19:48:04
quote:
Originally posted by Rymac

Definitely gonna download it and read it. I wonder if the Ravenloft angle is how they will get around the 100 year gap between the travelogues written in the 1300s DR to new ones written in the 1400s DR.

That would certainly be a new way to keep popular characters around well beyond their expiration date.
Rymac Posted - 19 Feb 2016 : 19:29:23

"Oops, sorry Volo. Although you escaped the Mists of Ravenloft, around 100 years has passed in the Forgotten Realms since you left."
moonbeast Posted - 19 Feb 2016 : 18:15:40
quote:

Volo in Ravenloft? Meh.

Don't knock it before you've read it. I just finished reading it, and I enjoyed this Volo's "travelogue" completely. And of course, it was written by Ed Greenwood.

It had Volo, Elminster, Strahd, the Vistani…. and the article gave us a brief preview of the upcoming Curse of Strahd adventure. A very enjoyable read, thanks to Ed Greenwood!

Fellfire Posted - 19 Feb 2016 : 17:35:01
DO NOT USE this app. I just downloaded a wallpaper. Simple right? No. It wiped all of the home screens on my tablet. Shortcuts, apps, preferences, bookmarks..everything. I have no idea if I can get it all back. Piss on you Wizidiots.
Fellfire Posted - 19 Feb 2016 : 17:22:00
I just downloaded this app. From the many negative reviews, I don't have high hopes, however I am not experiencing any of the issues being complained about, yet.

With this new app out, can anyone tell me the status of DDi and the two magazines? Are they done? Still accessible?
Delwa Posted - 19 Feb 2016 : 17:06:33
Saw it. Can't wait to read it when I get home.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 19 Feb 2016 : 16:48:18
Volo in Ravenloft? Meh.
Irennan Posted - 19 Feb 2016 : 16:12:11
Wow, thanks for sharing!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000