Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Exactly how "stand-alone" are TheSundering novels?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Neo2151 Posted - 06 Jan 2016 : 09:08:33
So the last book about Drizzt I read was either Thousand Orcs or Lone Drow (can't remember honestly).
How much will missing out on half-ish of Hunter's Blades, all of Transitions, and all of Neverwinter impact what I'm about to read in "The Companions?"

Ditto "The Godborn" if I haven't read The Twilight War trilogy, or "The Herald" if I haven't read anything past "Elminster Must Die?"
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
charger_ss24 Posted - 10 Jan 2016 : 18:24:47
The Godborn is not a standalone. It's actually a trilogy squished into one book. It picks up after the conclusion of the Twilight War Trilogy, which about 100 years had passed.
Seravin Posted - 06 Jan 2016 : 18:33:50
Companions is a reboot of sorts, so you'll be fine.
Irennan Posted - 06 Jan 2016 : 14:09:38
quote:
Originally posted by Neo2151

So the last book about Drizzt I read was either Thousand Orcs or Lone Drow (can't remember honestly).
How much will missing out on half-ish of Hunter's Blades, all of Transitions, and all of Neverwinter impact what I'm about to read in "The Companions?"

Ditto "The Godborn" if I haven't read The Twilight War trilogy, or "The Herald" if I haven't read anything past "Elminster Must Die?"

Some of them are 100% standalone. Others are tied to previous stories, especially ''The Godborn''. ''The Companions'' can be read alone IMO. ''The Adversary'' continues Farideh's story from the ''Brimstone Angels'' books.

Ed has said that ''The Herald'' can be read as a standalone, but knowing his characters obviously helps.

This thread may be of help: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19534
Artemas Entreri Posted - 06 Jan 2016 : 14:02:59
You can read the Companions and enjoy it without reading Transitions, Neverwinter, etc. But you will certainly be missing alot of the back-story, especially considering that tons of new characters are introduced in those series.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000