Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Bossy the Gnome Man

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sleyvas Posted - 03 Dec 2013 : 13:45:15
Bossy the Gnome Man (sung to the tune of Frost the Snowman)

Bossy the gnome man, was a cruel and nasty soul,
With a corn cob pipe and a juttin' nose, and two eyes just dark as coal.

Bossy the gnome man, is a simulacrum, they say.
He was born of snow, but the children know he came to life one day.

There must have been some magic in that old flop hat they found,

For when they placed it on his head, he began to swing around!

Oh, Bossy, the gnome man, was alive as he could be;
and the children say he could laugh and slay,
just the same as you and me.

Thumpety thump, thump, thumpety thump, thump,
look at Bossy go.

oh, the blood did flow.

Bossy the Gnome Man, knew the sun was hot that day,
so he said, "Let's run, and we'll have some fun now, before I melt away."

Down to the village, with a pool stick in his hand,
Running here and there, all around the square,
sayin', "Gonna beat you if I can."

He chased them down the streets of town, right to the magic shop;

and only paused a moment, when the owner hollered, "Stop!"

For Bossy, the Gnome Man, had to hurry on his way,
But he waved goodbye, sayin' "Don't you cry, or I'll crack your head some day."
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LordofBones Posted - 01 Dec 2019 : 02:28:33
I see that the kobolds get more bitter every year.
sleyvas Posted - 29 Nov 2019 : 21:49:41
well, since its Christmas and all.

look at Bossy go.

oh, the blood did flow.

and for anyone in South Louisiana and Mississippi
This is "Santa and his Reindeer used to live right here" by Benny Grunch and the Bunch..... because despite what people know.. Santa used to live in New Orleans, Louisiana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrwP0QH-zHw

Wooly Rupert Posted - 08 Dec 2017 : 13:37:17
My dad loves the song "Walkin' Round in Women's Underwear," but my fave tune by that artist (Bob Rivers) would be either "Who Put the Stump?" or "Chipmunks Roasting On An Open Fire." "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" is another fave of mine.

I'm also a huge fan of Bruce Springsteen's cover of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town," and Straight No Chaser's cover of "Carol of the Bells." SNC's version of "The 12 Days of Christmas" is a lot of fun, too; that video is what landed them a record deal.
sleyvas Posted - 08 Dec 2017 : 12:54:01
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

Poor Bossy the Gnome man, he was so mean, but his story was sad. And in the end, he had to die...

I will adapt this rhyme for an upcoming adventure, if you don't mind. I like dazzler's idea of the rhyme have been originated on Neverwinter.

(BTW, I don't know carols from other countries, so, thanks. Its good to have something to hear these holy days besides "Los Peces en el Rio").

Yeah, when I wrote this, I was just in a funny mood. I never intended it for game conversion. But, I must admit to liking the Netheril idea that Daz came up with, especially if these were somehow mass produced to create temporary simulacrums, but they only work in proximity to a mythallar. In fact.... it could be an interesting story if some of these hats made it down to Halruaa, and on a rare day..... it snows in Halarrah... some kids put the hat on a snowman....

On Fun Christmas Carols below.... because I love this time of year.

Frosty the Snowman is a cute one. You probably have heard of these, BUT if you haven't, some others just to listen to for fun, "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas", "I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus". Others that will make you laugh but are slightly more disturbing "Grandma got runover by a reindeer", "Walkin' 'Round in women's underwear", "You ain't gettin' shit for Christmas", and here's a few favorites of mine from where I live

This is "Santa and his Reindeer used to live right here" by Benny Grunch and the Bunch..... because despite what people know.. Santa used to live in New Orleans, Louisiana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrwP0QH-zHw

They've got a bunch of others.... google "benny grunch and the bunch songs".... there's "I got a used kazoo for Christmas"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcIFwZ7Eiro

and "Norris the nocturnal nutria"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4CPNTjL3yo

and "If I won da lottry for Christmas"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoP7Pp25NhQ

and "Santa, I been bad all year",

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJxF6mKUtNI

and "The Elves Finally Rap"... note, the speed these elves talk, they've been drinking egg nog to get them "sugared up"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RT9imiYSSU

I fully accept the responsibility for making a few of you waste a half hour of your life, but hopefully I made you smile.
Zeromaru X Posted - 08 Dec 2017 : 02:55:36
Poor Bossy the Gnome man, he was so mean, but his story was sad. And in the end, he had to die...

I will adapt this rhyme for an upcoming adventure, if you don't mind. I like dazzler's idea of the rhyme have been originated on Neverwinter.

(BTW, I don't know carols from other countries, so, thanks. Its good to have something to hear these holy days besides "Los Peces en el Rio").
sleyvas Posted - 07 Dec 2017 : 23:58:09
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Wouldn't this technically make 'bossy' a redcap?

Lol, I guess it could.... a simulacrum of a redcap....
Markustay Posted - 07 Dec 2017 : 19:43:49
Wouldn't this technically make 'bossy' a redcap?
sleyvas Posted - 07 Dec 2017 : 12:56:18
Since I saw Wooly's tradition it reminded me....cast Holiday Thread Necromancy ... I present to you the story of Bossy the Gnome Man, a simulacrum gone all wrong via a flop hat from some evil gnome of Santa's workshop

look at Bossy go.

oh, the blood did flow.

Gary Dallison Posted - 11 Dec 2015 : 16:31:11
Naming was never my strong point I just tried it with a slightly Russian feel which I used as a base for some of my netheril names. Boszaie is much more gnomish and it is meant to be corrupted over time to account for the current name of bossy in the realmsian legend sung by bards on midwinter.

The new krampus film would probably be a good basis for a realmsian fey version of Santa Claus as well. A creature that delivers gifts to the unwary (usually dead animals) and if the gift is not suitably appreciated and rewarded with repayment then it returns on midwinter night and slaughters the entire household
sleyvas Posted - 11 Dec 2015 : 15:27:49
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Well like everything I do lately, I would take the song and use it as a baseline. His duplication would most likely be using the pantograph that now sits in never winter and was able to duplicate anything (it says cannot duplicate living beings but I take that to mean should not).
As a servant to halavar, Boszae the gnome was probably the first living test subject and was duplicated not once but many times. So many he lost his mind and became a murderous bogeyman of netheril, but one of his clones also managed to hide inside the pantograph and is now a secret part of it.

I like the renaming idea, but it looks more dark elven or draconic. What about Bozsaie? Seems kind of gnomish... kind of elven. Other than that, cool idea.
Gary Dallison Posted - 11 Dec 2015 : 14:43:31
Well like everything I do lately, I would take the song and use it as a baseline. His duplication would most likely be using the pantograph that now sits in never winter and was able to duplicate anything (it says cannot duplicate living beings but I take that to mean should not).
As a servant to halavar, Boszae the gnome was probably the first living test subject and was duplicated not once but many times. So many he lost his mind and became a murderous bogeyman of netheril, but one of his clones also managed to hide inside the pantograph and is now a secret part of it.
sleyvas Posted - 11 Dec 2015 : 14:27:44
Fine by me. I also had this entry which kind of explained the item in game terms. It notes that the item was "created" by Lauzoril of Thay. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Lauzoril took some Netherese design and duplicated and/or improved upon it. In fact, maybe during Netherese time, "the real Bossy" was fighting against the empire by making mass but temporary duplicates of himself by stockpiling a bunch of these hats and activating them all at once in order to free his gnomish brethren (I'm picturing Bossy being an arcane trickster with magic and sneak attacks, and dozens of his duplicates swarming a Netherese citadel, but stealthily doing so). Hell, wouldn't it be interesting if they took over an enclave and ran off with it?

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19216

Also, having reread through my own entry, I half wonder if clerics of Auril/Aurilandur/Saukuruk/Alaphaer/the Frostmaiden/the Queen of Air and Darkness don't have a similar magic, but one which doesn't change the appearance of the snowman and simply implants the mental capabilities. I could see such an item being able to be made at half (or less) of the cost and time, since one of the main powers of a simulacrum is its ability to pass as a certain individual or at least pass amongst society without attracting much attention.
Gary Dallison Posted - 11 Dec 2015 : 12:03:21
Must have missed this one. Mind if I nick him for my netheril rewrite. He would make an excellent prototype gnome servitor of netherese experiments during the mythallar age who becomes a boogie man type creature stalking low netheril
sleyvas Posted - 11 Dec 2015 : 11:46:02
+ to thread necromancy, just because I caught myself singing this on the way to work yesterday.
Alruane Posted - 03 Dec 2013 : 20:59:49
HAHAHAH Okay, this is a great topic. Very seasonal and Christmas-y, well done sleyvas!
Drustan Dwnhaedan Posted - 03 Dec 2013 : 19:55:39
Very amusing, sleyvas. It reminds me of a song my sister had written, the difference being is that your one's actually funny. (My sister's was just weird.)
Emma Drake Posted - 03 Dec 2013 : 16:22:49
The gnomes in my game are always laughing at me. Or at least that's how I feel. *scowl*

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000