Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Fantasy Grounds

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Cardinal Posted - 08 Jul 2015 : 17:52:48
I've been looking at this for awhile on Steam and have been on the fence about it. On the one hand, it could be something I never ever use, on the other hand, it could be a valuable tool to reconnect to the realms, D&D, and friends in general for doing games.

Has anyone in the keep used this tool before or tried any games with others on it? And on that sort of tangent, would other Candlekeepers even consider trying a game with other Candlekeepers over it?

Tool is called Fantasy Grounds
http://store.steampowered.com/app/252690/
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DamienPriest Posted - 09 Sep 2016 : 12:30:32
FG is great am so glad I purchased the program. My group is all spread out and with most of us having kids it is hard to meet IRL for a game so this is the answere
Caladan Brood Posted - 08 Sep 2015 : 19:50:11
A little correction to the Arcanamachs post: You can actually try out FG as there's a demo.

Anyway I'm gearing up for the running of a FR game.5th edition, 1360s, timezone gmt+1.Holler if you want to join (but to play with other people you will need to buy a license)
Caladan Brood Posted - 20 Aug 2015 : 16:57:43
I do run a game now and then on Roll20 (and use Fantasy Grounds as a nice note keeper on a second monitor). I barely have time off these days, however, but if we could, say, play short sessions 2-3 hours at the max I could try to squeeze it in..somehow
The Arcanamach Posted - 18 Aug 2015 : 15:37:52
Ive wanted to try Roll20 and would REALLLLLLLY like to join a game there with fellow Keepers. I'd be willing to join one but my time lately seems to be sporadic (I can't even guarantee I'll have a day off these days). Still, if someone started a game up I'd be willing to give it a go.

As for FG, the only way to actually see how it plays and develops is to buy into it. Not all that bad if you have a few extra bucks to spend.
The Cardinal Posted - 15 Jul 2015 : 20:32:37
I haven't gotten it yet, I've looked at it but have not committed to it yet. Was curious if any other scribes had any experience with it and what they thought about it. Lately there seems to be quite a number of tools being released (Fantasy grounds, Sword Coast Legends, etc) that would make some sense for there to be groups starting amongst the scribes here.

And I agree, It seems like it would just make sense to meet other scribes and game using these newfangled technologies
Caladan Brood Posted - 13 Jul 2015 : 21:30:50
I'm interested. I have FG, including D&D 5th Edition DLC - Lost Mine of Phandelver, Hoard of the Dragon Queen, The Rise of Tiamat.
I haven't used FG to play with other people (yet) - I've used it as a second DM screen, having the info I need organized and ready.
I like the aestethics of FG but for actual gameplay I feel the free option, Roll20, is best.
FG is really clunky in comparison until you have sunk some time in it whereas Roll20 has you up and running in no time. Still, FG has a lot going on under the hood particularly for D&D but I'd advise anyone to read a lot of reviews and try the demo version before buying.

I'm in the slooow process of building a Forgotten Realms library module for FG. Currently I have the first book in the "The North" boxed set finished (I was planning on running a tabletop campaign in the Savage Frontier).

Are you interested in running a game or playing in one?

I guess it could be really nice to meet other Candlekeep scribes this way.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000