Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Am I just blind?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cards77 Posted - 04 Jul 2015 : 14:24:03
I cannot for the life of me find the Yawning Portal Inn in Volo's Guide to Waterdeep. Why would they not give it a full write up? Does anyone know where else to find a full write up? I have the City of Splendors boxed set but a description of that inn is lacking. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
moonbeast Posted - 29 Nov 2015 : 18:24:12
quote:
Originally posted by Cards77

I cannot for the life of me find the Yawning Portal Inn in Volo's Guide to Waterdeep. Why would they not give it a full write up? Does anyone know where else to find a full write up? I have the City of Splendors boxed set but a description of that inn is lacking. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Here is a review of the supplement Halls of Undermountain. It is the (4th Edition?) supplement that contains both the Undermountain labyrinth map as well as the tavern map of Yawning Portal. The included maps is the reason I actually purchased a copy from eBay earlier this year.

https://breakfastforowlbears.wordpress.com/2012/04/17/how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-halls-of-undermountain/

And for your viewing pleasure, here are two more awesome illustrations of the Undermountain adventures…

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/183088/ExpUndermountain42.jpeg

http://dungeonsmaster.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/yawning-portal-01.jpg

Delwa Posted - 05 Jul 2015 : 20:45:21
Thanks! And no problem. Have fun!
Cards77 Posted - 05 Jul 2015 : 20:33:35
Very cool thank you. I was able to find the picture, and another one that I used to round the place out. I see some other folks have made several maps, but they seemed not to fit the description that well. We settled in the Inn of the Dripping Dagger and we mostly hang out at the Bowels of the Earth but I got what I needed for Yawning. I will flesh it out more as we visit it occasionally. Thank you and awesome model!
Delwa Posted - 05 Jul 2015 : 20:13:53
Not sure how relevant it is to your research, but here and here are some good pictures or maps of the Yawning Portal Inn. I used them for reference when I built my model of the inn. If I recall correctly, the floor plan map I linked came from a 4e Adventure that featured the Inn. Which adventure, I don't recall.
Hope it helps.
Cards77 Posted - 05 Jul 2015 : 03:46:39
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

That's not something I am familiar with.

Sorry for the confusion. Now I know where I saw it. It's Appendix 4 in the City of Splendor's Boxed set Campaign Guide.

Bah i have so many books and lore I can't even find it when I know i have it.

Oh and I did find that article from Dragon that you mentioned. It's called "Report from Undermountain". Some great bits of news in there, I used it in session today.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Jul 2015 : 01:41:41
That's not something I am familiar with.
Cards77 Posted - 05 Jul 2015 : 01:26:11
Thanks Wooly. Can i ask you one more big favor? I had the cross reference document that someone made (can't remember who) that cross referenced the locations for everything in Volo's Guide to Waterdeep, and told you the corresponding map location for the large maps in the "City of Splendors" boxed set.

I had it and I cannot find it now.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Jul 2015 : 15:49:49
There's a lot of little bits scattered around... There's some in The Ruins of Undermountain, which is further supplemented by an article in Dragon magazine 227, "The Reports from Undermountain." One of the City System maps shows the floor plan.

I'm not aware of any single comprehensive write-up on the Inn, oddly. It is mentioned in a lot of places, with a few details here and there, but on the whole, it's not much more than "here's the immediate surroundings of a prominent entrance to Undermountain."

I just looked thru the pdfs of FR1 Waterdeep & The North, City of Splendors: Waterdeep, the City of Splendors boxed set, and the module FRE3 Waterdeep. Oh, and The Ruins of Undermountain, of course. There may be something in an issue of Dragon magazine that I've forgotten; I knew of the above article because it was one of the ones I took the time to transcribe into Word.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000