Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Sundering & Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Artemas Entreri Posted - 10 Mar 2015 : 15:38:17
I have not read these 6 book series yet but have a quick question. Are these series like War of the Spider Queen where different authors contribute a single volume in a continuous storyline .... or are they just standalone novels clumped into a "series?"

Thanks in advance!
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Artemas Entreri Posted - 20 Mar 2015 : 02:44:53
quote:
Originally posted by Blue

. I didn't even know there were different editions of D&D when I started reading way back when. :D

Same here. I started reading Realms books and playing AD&D 2E around the same time. Even when I read Realms books now I don't think of them as a certain edition.
Blue Posted - 20 Mar 2015 : 00:36:31
I actually read well before I played, and when I played it was after the release of 4th edition and with veterans of 3rd edition. I didn't even know there were different editions of D&D when I started reading way back when. :D
Artemas Entreri Posted - 19 Mar 2015 : 01:56:55
quote:

I stayed away from the realms for a number of years and when I came back, all the 4E changes had happened almost 4 years previously. I didn't even find out about the 4E until I came to the end of Paul S. Kemp's Erevis Cale Trilogy, and it felt like a curveball out of nowhere. Now I'm exploring the huge back catalogue of stuff that exists.

I was in a similar situation and read a few Realms books a couple years ago. The 4E stuff isn't my favorite but I don't actively play D&D anymore so it doesn't bother me too much.
Blue Posted - 19 Mar 2015 : 01:24:12
Very true Artermas. I don't even aspoire to that, lofty objective. I am aimining only to read some of the stories I've never read before. :)

I stayed away from the realms for a number of years and when I came back, all the 4E changes had happened almost 4 years previously. I didn't even find out about the 4E until I came to the end of Paul S. Kemp's Erevis Cale Trilogy, and it felt like a curveball out of nowhere. Now I'm exploring the huge back catalogue of stuff that exists.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 18 Mar 2015 : 23:56:02
quote:

Wizards of the coast actually sells them in 2 3 book omnibuses for a very reasonable price.

Buying a trade paperback omnibus works for some people, but not people like me who suffer from Realms OCD and the need to have a complete massmarket paperback collection.
Blue Posted - 18 Mar 2015 : 22:39:07
Wizards of the coast actually sells them in 2 3 book omnibuses for a very reasonable price.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 10 Mar 2015 : 20:56:25
Awesome, thanks everyone! I've found the City of the Dead Waterdeep book at my local used bookstore so it's good to know I can read it whenever I want if I don't own the others yet.
Tanthalas Posted - 10 Mar 2015 : 20:22:09
Yeah, the Waterdeep books are all stand alone stories that take place in Waterdeep.
sno4wy Posted - 10 Mar 2015 : 17:35:17
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

quote:

They are separate tales, told with the Sundering happening in the background. The are a couple of minor connections, but each story is -- at least in regards to the other five books -- standalone.

Thanks Wooly! Same for the Waterdeep series?

I believe those books are each standalone, but I cannot swear to it -- I mostly avoided Realms fiction during the 4E era.

I've read them and can confirm that they are.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Mar 2015 : 16:58:14
quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

quote:

They are separate tales, told with the Sundering happening in the background. The are a couple of minor connections, but each story is -- at least in regards to the other five books -- standalone.

I believe those books are each standalone, but I cannot swear to it -- I mostly avoided Realms fiction during the 4E era.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 10 Mar 2015 : 16:42:56
quote:

Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Mar 2015 : 16:01:37

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000