Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Is there still room here?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DandelionClock Posted - 03 Mar 2015 : 23:27:23
So, I've been an D&D/ Forgotten Realms fan for many years, starting in 1998 with a PC game of all things (Baldur's Gate I and II of course) and continuing with RPG and the books.
The hibernation of my gaming group spurred a reading marathin, which in turn led to me giving up my lurker's existence and register.

Thanks in advance for the welcome. I often feel like forums like these have become rare, because the traffic has shifted to other platforms. It's nice to see this place still full of life.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Apr 2015 : 23:57:23
Contact Big Al, he'll take care of it.
DandelionClock Posted - 28 Apr 2015 : 23:01:17
So, question: I may be getting a custom made avatar, with permission of the artist and all. Is possible to upload that somewhere here?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Mar 2015 : 17:06:18
quote:
Originally posted by Entreri3478

IF I could draw then I would have done this for every character and their equipment. Alas, I can not.

Ditto.

My current character is a gun mage; I basically point to the artwork of Black 13th (specifically, Lynch) and say "he looks like this guy, except in blue."
Artemas Entreri Posted - 04 Mar 2015 : 15:35:41
IF I could draw then I would have done this for every character and their equipment. Alas, I can not.
DandelionClock Posted - 04 Mar 2015 : 13:40:06
Well, I am no brilliant artist either. :) My only hope is that I am not being judged for still doing it. :p
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Mar 2015 : 13:14:13
quote:
Originally posted by DandelionClock

"Do you all also still draw your D&D characters to show your group what they look like, even after 17 years of playing?"

Ye gods, no. There are slugs with better eye/hand coordination than I. Anything more complex than a stickman is beyond me.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Mar 2015 : 13:12:45
quote:
Originally posted by DandelionClock

Oh yes, one question right away. I didn't find this in the Code of Conduct - maybe I've missed it, sorry then- but how old can a thread be before it's considered necromancy to add to it? I know use of the search function is encouraged - what if you find the issue at hand, want to add to it or continue, but the thread's older than my teenage kid?

We don't have any real rules on resurrecting old threads.
DandelionClock Posted - 04 Mar 2015 : 12:45:16
Oh yes, one question right away. I didn't find this in the Code of Conduct - maybe I've missed it, sorry then- but how old can a thread be before it's considered necromancy to add to it? I know use of the search function is encouraged - what if you find the issue at hand, want to add to it or continue, but the thread's older than my teenage kid?
Gary Dallison Posted - 04 Mar 2015 : 12:18:01
Lol. I remember drawing my first character (Barden) about 20 years ago.

Feel free to ask any questions you like, dont feel embarrassed to ask a question, FR is full of layers and nuance and often even the simplest question can have incredibly complex and highly subjective answers.

DandelionClock Posted - 04 Mar 2015 : 11:31:30
Thank you. Sounds like like minded people! And oh, I have so many embarassing question's I've been carrying around with me for ages.

Everything from book details and nitpicking to "Do you all also still draw your D&D characters to show your group what they look like, even after 17 years of playing?"
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Mar 2015 : 04:48:43
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!
hobbitfan Posted - 04 Mar 2015 : 04:47:18
Welcome!

Always a spot on the front porch for you! Metaphorically speaking of course...
Artemas Entreri Posted - 04 Mar 2015 : 03:19:09
Welcome and well met!
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 04 Mar 2015 : 02:32:22
Well met, and welcome.
xaeyruudh Posted - 04 Mar 2015 : 01:24:52
Much like Sage's To Do List, there's always room for more. Welcome aboard!
Kentinal Posted - 04 Mar 2015 : 00:03:51
Welcome

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000