Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 GenCon 2015

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 Jan 2015 : 23:26:15
I've finally done it. I've committed to attending GenCon. I've been wanting to do GenCon for years, but things kept coming up... But the pass is bought and hotel reservations made.

I'm going to GenCon!

Who all am I going to see there?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Brimstone Posted - 21 Aug 2018 : 14:38:20
I found them.
Icelander Posted - 20 Aug 2018 : 23:23:43
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Is there anyway to get CS1, CS2, and CS4?

They're also hosted on Alaundo's Library / Traveler's Notebooks / Various Unofficial Lore in these very halls.
George Krashos Posted - 20 Aug 2018 : 23:20:16
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

E-mail me at krashos@optusnet.com.au and specify which ones you want.

-- George Krashos
Brimstone Posted - 20 Aug 2018 : 21:36:55
George Krashos Posted - 20 Aug 2018 : 18:44:44
quote:
Originally posted by Icelander

So... CS2 is Sacred Sisters of the Crying God, George Krashos's delightful gift for the GenCon Candlekeep Seminar in 2015.

I've got CS3 (Lalya Maurshanta 2016), CS4 (Yahdi al-Alam 2017) and CS5 (Tyrants in Scarlet 2018).

I can't find anything marked CS1, presumably for 2014.

Was that the year George's gift was The High History of Impiltur and it just wasn't marked CS1 on the electronic document hosted here at Candlekeep?

Or is there another lore gem out there I haven't found?

Yes, technically the High History of Impiltur was "CS1".

-- George Krashos
Icelander Posted - 20 Aug 2018 : 16:55:22
So... CS2 is Sacred Sisters of the Crying God, George Krashos's delightful gift for the GenCon Candlekeep Seminar in 2015.

I've got CS3 (Lalya Maurshanta 2016), CS4 (Yahdi al-Alam 2017) and CS5 (Tyrants in Scarlet 2018).

I can't find anything marked CS1, presumably for 2014.

Was that the year George's gift was The High History of Impiltur and it just wasn't marked CS1 on the electronic document hosted here at Candlekeep?

Or is there another lore gem out there I haven't found?
Shadowsoul Posted - 04 Aug 2015 : 18:02:26
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

I may be interested in a t-shirt or lanyard...

If there is enough interest, I could do some pricing for one or both.

I would be interested in a lanyard.
Joran Nobleheart Posted - 04 Aug 2015 : 16:58:46
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

quote:

we already have lanyards, actually. I simply forgot them in the hotel room, and was not willing to walk all the way back to the Westin mid-seminar to get them.

I certainly understand that, to be honest.

Is there any way we could possibly get them still? I'd be happy to send you the money for shipping if so.
Garen Thal Posted - 04 Aug 2015 : 15:04:39
quote:

we already have lanyards, actually. I simply forgot them in the hotel room, and was not willing to walk all the way back to the Westin mid-seminar to get them.
Delwa Posted - 04 Aug 2015 : 15:04:27
quote:
Originally posted by Joran Nobleheart

Also made it back safely about an hour ago. I had a wonderful time at GenCon, and getting to meet Ashe, Wooly, Delwa, Galuf and the other fine members here truly was the highlight. Bryn also sends her best to all of you, and very much enjoyed meeting you! Meeting you all was like meeting best friends that I haven't seen for a long time. It was like going home again, and for that I want to thank all of you. Also, a hello again to your wife from us, Delwa! I'm sure she and Bryn had a good time teasing about us while you and I spoke in the Exhibit Hall!

Maybe next year we could arrange a D&D campaign for some of the members here that might be interested? Also, would it be possible to get lanyards made, or shirts? I'd love to have either or both if possible!

Another huge thank you to Garen for the beautifully crafted Harper pins! I just know he found someone to cast a worldwalk spell and bring them to us straight from the Realms themselves! ;-)

I'm sure they did. I'll be sure and tell her hello!
The game sounds like potential fun. I'd be scared to death if I were on the DM side of the screen, though. I'm not nearly the lore monkey as some of you are.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 04 Aug 2015 : 12:46:44

Joran Nobleheart Posted - 03 Aug 2015 : 22:39:30
Also made it back safely about an hour ago. I had a wonderful time at GenCon, and getting to meet Ashe, Wooly, Delwa, Galuf and the other fine members here truly was the highlight. Bryn also sends her best to all of you, and very much enjoyed meeting you! Meeting you all was like meeting best friends that I haven't seen for a long time. It was like going home again, and for that I want to thank all of you. Also, a hello again to your wife from us, Delwa! I'm sure she and Bryn had a good time teasing about us while you and I spoke in the Exhibit Hall!

Maybe next year we could arrange a D&D campaign for some of the members here that might be interested? Also, would it be possible to get lanyards made, or shirts? I'd love to have either or both if possible!

Another huge thank you to Garen for the beautifully crafted Harper pins! I just know he found someone to cast a worldwalk spell and bring them to us straight from the Realms themselves! ;-)
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 03 Aug 2015 : 14:11:31
Made it back last night, slept in this morning, now feeling cognizant and processing all the events (and the amount of money) that had happened. It was great meeting new faces (and finally meeting Wooly and Joran in person).
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Aug 2015 : 03:58:21
I'll not be home until very late maņana eve... It was a lot of fun meeting everyone!
Delwa Posted - 03 Aug 2015 : 03:33:42
quote:
Originally posted by Galuf the Dwarf

It was awesome to have met a number of you folks in person for once. I honestly had the time of my life, namely on Saturday. I just got home safe and sound a little while ago, so I'm just going to update a few things before I retire to bed.

Likewise! We made it home about an hour ago. We've finally reassured the cats that things are back to normal and are unpacking.
It was a pleasure meeting you all.
Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 03 Aug 2015 : 03:30:41
It was awesome to have met a number of you folks in person for once. I honestly had the time of my life, namely on Saturday. I just got home safe and sound a little while ago, so I'm just going to update a few things before I retire to bed.
Markustay Posted - 01 Aug 2015 : 16:05:46
Thats a good thing, then.

I need to step up my game so he can have accurate maps to base his off of.

No Ed and no D&D booth (I am assuming WotC is there in the form of MtG?) - I guess I don't feel as bad about not making it this year. Maybe next year... after I have a few publishing credits under my belt.

Have fun, everybody. I'd love to know what that 'present' was that GK sent everyone at the CK meet-up.
Dargoth Posted - 01 Aug 2015 : 09:01:44
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

I stopped by Mike Schley's artist booth today. I did hear him tell another customer that he's working on another Sword Coast Map for the upcoming Adventurer's Guide, and that the plan is, if all goes well, for future products to also include other regional maps that will cover the rest of the continent. The impression I got was that all the maps will be able to be put together into one huge map. I don't know if that means future adventurer's guides, or adventures, or what, and I didn't ask. I figured he'd said as much as he could.

Sounds like its back to 1st edition then where I had 8-10 maps that would cover my living room floor to show all of Faerun
Delwa Posted - 01 Aug 2015 : 04:53:37
I stopped by Mike Schley's artist booth today. I did hear him tell another customer that he's working on another Sword Coast Map for the upcoming Adventurer's Guide, and that the plan is, if all goes well, for future products to also include other regional maps that will cover the rest of the continent. The impression I got was that all the maps will be able to be put together into one huge map. I don't know if that means future adventurer's guides, or adventures, or what, and I didn't ask. I figured he'd said as much as he could.
ZeshinX Posted - 01 Aug 2015 : 04:22:47
WotC has no presence at one of the largest (if not largest) tabletop gaming conventions on Earth...?! One that D&D more or less birthed? That's...I'd laugh if that wasn't remarkably sad.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 01 Aug 2015 : 00:55:38
Since WotC doesn't even have a presence here (RPGA has been farmed out and the aren't in the exhibit hall), I don't expect any announcements except from off the record sources.
Dargoth Posted - 31 Jul 2015 : 14:32:21
Anything FR related been anounced so far?
Joran Nobleheart Posted - 31 Jul 2015 : 00:26:05
On my way there now.
Joran Nobleheart Posted - 30 Jul 2015 : 23:41:49
Sorry I missed you, Delwa. Had to head back to the hotel in Greenwood for a stop. Like I said, I'll be late, but I'll be there. So long as you all are there for at least an hour, anyway. That's only because of traffic and the stop. Hope to see and meet you all soon!
Joran Nobleheart Posted - 30 Jul 2015 : 23:24:28
I'll be at the gathering tonight, but I'll be a half an hour or so late. I hope that's alright.
Delwa Posted - 30 Jul 2015 : 22:36:52
quote:
Originally posted by Joran Nobleheart

The time stamp always gets me. :-(

Anyone meeting up now? I'm wearing a grey Jurassic Park shirt, white cap.

time stamp gets me, too. Wife and I are about to leave the craft room to walk to the Ball & Biscuit. If you catch me, you're welcome to join. I'm wearing a black tshirt with the Yawning Portal design on front. Black backpack with a harper pin, not the official one. Wife is in green shirt with teal blue trimmed backpack.
Joran Nobleheart Posted - 30 Jul 2015 : 19:44:43
The time stamp always gets me. :-(

Anyone meeting up now? I'm wearing a grey Jurassic Park shirt, white cap.
Joran Nobleheart Posted - 30 Jul 2015 : 19:31:47
Are you guys still at the Westin?
Steven Schend Posted - 30 Jul 2015 : 03:45:16
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

My present for the Candlekeep Seminar has just been delivered to Erik Scott de Bie. Enjoy the Con everyone.

-- George Krashos

Hey! Can ye spare a copy for an old scribe without the legs to walk to Gen Con?

Steven
George Krashos Posted - 30 Jul 2015 : 00:54:20
My present for the Candlekeep Seminar has just been delivered to Erik Scott de Bie. Enjoy the Con everyone.

-- George Krashos

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000