Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Lost Uthgardt tribes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dorn Posted - 05 Apr 2006 : 16:01:08
Hi all,

Reading up about the uthgardt tribes and its mentioned in various places that the tribes seem to change throughout time. There are 9 or so now but some have become lost, and some may return (probably only those with surviving totem beasts).

Does anyone know the names/creatures of some of those tribes which are not currently existing?

Cheers lads and ladies
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Barastir Posted - 30 Oct 2014 : 13:51:32
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Not yet, but I suspect Eric and I will dabble on this topic and the Uthgardt in general some time next year.

-- George Krashos

Cool, let us know!
George Krashos Posted - 29 Oct 2014 : 00:05:23
quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

There is any further lore about how the two Lost Tribes of the Uthgar went underground and turned themselves into grimlocks? And why two of the three tribes that went underground were from the same ancestral mound, but only the Sky Pony didn't descend into the Underdark?

Not yet, but I suspect Eric and I will dabble on this topic and the Uthgardt in general some time next year.

-- George Krashos
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Oct 2014 : 22:40:16
I am not aware of any such lore, myself...
Cards77 Posted - 28 Oct 2014 : 22:17:56
*casts raise thread* Sorry but maybe Barastir's inquiry didn't get noticed. Valid questions all. This would be one of those areas where the existing lore could be expanded upon and the missing bits fleshed out.
Barastir Posted - 11 Mar 2011 : 11:27:59
There is any further lore about how the two Lost Tribes of the Uthgar went underground and turned themselves into grimlocks? And why two of the three tribes that went underground were from the same ancestral mound, but only the Sky Pony didn't descend into the Underdark?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Apr 2006 : 14:12:49
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

*looks at post* Sweet Sune! I found a use for the deity-stats!!

Mother of Lurue, I didn't think that was possible!
Arivia Posted - 09 Apr 2006 : 11:06:06
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

HERETIC! BLASPHEMER! *runs out of breath from all the cursing*

Additionally, the totem barbarian from Unearthed Arcana[also available here] fits Uthgardt very well, IMO.
Kajehase Posted - 09 Apr 2006 : 11:03:28
Well, Uthgar himself is a Barbarian/Ranger 20/20. So how about using that for a "build," and have the totem-animal as animal companion? (Although, in the case of the Thunderbeast tribe this could be a problem *grins*

dorn Posted - 09 Apr 2006 : 03:53:57
*nods* Yes it would seem that underfolk are more appropriate as they are humans...but only if we think of normal evolution i guess. After 1200 years (mid 500s about right since they fled beneath the One Stone?) down there the wierd magic of the underdark could have mutated them into non-human grimlocks.

Another quick question. In terms of making a 'Champion of Uthgar'. What's your thoughts on the build/PrCs etc? I'm almost thinking you wouldn't have a champion of uthgar as they venerate him through the totem beasts. SO you'd have a champion of the beast adopting similar traits to the animal as well.....rather than only to uthgar himself.
ericlboyd Posted - 07 Apr 2006 : 01:27:49
quote:
Originally posted by Murray Leeder

The two lost tribes are the Red Ponies and the Golden Eagles. Both became grimlocks and now live in a place called (I believe) the Cavern of Cloven Heads.

This is correct, as noted in DDGttU.

However, if I had it to do over again (i.e. a suggestion for your campaign), I'd consider "underfolk" from Races of Destiny instead.

--Eric
dorn Posted - 06 Apr 2006 : 13:54:09
Nice one. Thanks for the info Murray. Much appreciated.

I've seen reference to there sometimes being more than 10 sometines being less. How do you see that happening? (if it was inf fact canon) A tribless family finds and worships a totem beast such as the golden eagles (giant?)/red ponies?......or there are other great beasts that uthgar conquered/allied with that we do not yet know about.

Hazard a guess mate? :)
Murray Leeder Posted - 05 Apr 2006 : 18:43:16
The two lost tribes are the Red Ponies and the Golden Eagles. Both became grimlocks and now live in a place called (I believe) the Cavern of Cloven Heads.

That's in addition to the Blues Bear tribe, who appear to be completely extinct (sort of), killed off in the destruction of Hellgate Keep and its aftermath. In Son of Thunder, I reveal one survivor, one who left the tribe some time before its ruin.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000