Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Bizarre Idea: Brazilian Wandering Spider

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Foxhelm Posted - 20 Oct 2014 : 13:20:17
The Brazilian Wandering Spider is a very deadly spider whose venom causes heart attacks... but also holds a gift. They can give you a more then four hour erection while you die.

Here is the bizarre thoughts...

Do these kind of spiders exist in the realms? Do their venom have similar effects on other non-human humanoid life?

Could Drow Matron use them on attractive males, both Drow and otherwise, to turn them into disposable sex toys who die after sex?

This is my bizarre thoughts.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Derulbaskul Posted - 23 Oct 2014 : 19:00:54
quote:
Originally posted by Foxhelm

The Brazilian Wandering Spider is a very deadly spider ....

Of course, all the Australians reading your description are laughing and saying something like, "You call that deadly? Bloody hell, you've never met a funnel web...!"

Anyway, reading the rest of your statement, I suspect that once the Chinese have killed all the tigers and other sources of what they believe are aphrodisiacs, we might find them in Brazil looking for these spiders....
Fellfire Posted - 21 Oct 2014 : 02:19:54
Hah! Not the right scroll, but no matter. Every time I see someone bashing Wooly I am reminded of this... The square root of Wooly is pain.
Fellfire Posted - 21 Oct 2014 : 02:12:06
No. Definitely Elaine. Definitely Elaith. Only mentioned in passing. Maybe Dreamspheres. Shaiza this is gonna bug me
Wooly Rupert Posted - 20 Oct 2014 : 20:18:06
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

Crap, what that poison that only effected elves? Gotta be one of Elaine's.

Ed may have covered something, in the Ed's Realms book.
TBeholder Posted - 20 Oct 2014 : 19:11:00
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

Hmmm... there's dwarfbane and cheeeese, but can't remember anything that affects elves, but not others. Witchweed gets all weave users.

My only shot here is that srindym is said to affect humans, but not elves. And humans usually count as "more generic", so it's more likely to be "elves immune" than "humans only". Then, if a comparably dangerous antidote to srindym was found, a mix where they neutralize each other's effect on humans may do the trick.
And how this will work on drow, who knows, they tend to be resistant, right?
Fellfire Posted - 20 Oct 2014 : 17:57:33
Fellfire Posted - 20 Oct 2014 : 15:22:59
I got bit on the face by a banana spider. My banana was fine, but I had a golf-ball sized goiter on my cheek. When lanced, cut actually, I removed a stringy white mass, like a wet cotton ball. Gross and painful, but no paralyzation. I don't know if they prey on small birds or what, but they spin giant (6 ft.), nearly invisible gossamer webs. When in Florida I encountered them often, some of them nearly as big as a hamster.
Delwa Posted - 20 Oct 2014 : 14:13:35
Sounds like a fun development. I think it'd depend on the humanoid race how quickly the venom reacts. Do Elves in general have higher or lower metabolism than humans? It might impact the length of time it takes to run its course. Dwarves would be resistant to it.
Bladewind Posted - 20 Oct 2014 : 14:02:48
Or something some of Lolths assassins would coat their notched blades with. The Banana Spiders venom other most potent effect is painful paralyzation lasting for hours on end.
Lyiat Posted - 20 Oct 2014 : 13:48:20
Sounds something like Matron Malice would definitely do...
Fellfire Posted - 20 Oct 2014 : 13:27:32
Sounds like a Matron-motherly type thing.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000