Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Shadows of Mordor

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fellfire Posted - 07 Oct 2014 : 04:28:08
Anybody played this yet? Everything I've seen reminds me of Assassin's Creed. I'm intrigued by the Wraith-Ranger/Celebrimbor storyline. Impartial reviews? Partial reviews? Criticisms? Witticisms?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Giant Snake Posted - 04 Feb 2015 : 07:35:42
I have this on my PS3 and I really want to like it, but you can tell that they're trying to stuff 10 pounds of ...um, mud... Into a five pound sack. A lot of fun but the load times and glitches are very frustrating. I wouldn't recommend getting on a last gen console.

The game itself is pretty fun if a little bare bones. I love the nemesis system and the endless variety of rivals you can have. The challenge seems kind of weak at first, but you will run into some challenging enemy abilities very soon. I only wish there was a little more than what the game offers, and while the character designs are good (especially for the evil men in league with Sauron), you will get tired of looking at dreary Mordor pretty soon.
Another gripe about the design - was it really necessary to give the main character a broken sword to use? I mean you are already in Middle Earth and you just so happen to be a ranger, so is a phony Narsil really that necessary?

I do recommend the game if you can look past those gripes. If you are still last gen, pick up a Dark Souls game and Red Dead Redemption instead. There is more to look at in either and they both do the best parts of this game better in their own way - the former for swordplay, visuals, and an RP element, and the latter for story and an amazing open world experience.
Fellfire Posted - 19 Oct 2014 : 20:06:47
From what I've seen, it looks a lot like Assassin's Creed which is worse than crack. I can play 18 hours straight. No problem. I just can't stop.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Oct 2014 : 14:10:55
I played and loved the hell out of Lord of the Rings Online, but nowadays, I'm lucky to have enough time to play a few levels of Angry Birds on my tablet...
Fellfire Posted - 19 Oct 2014 : 11:43:47
Still nodody has played this? I thought for sure there'd be a few LotR junkies/video game freaks in these halls.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000