Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Lore on Phlan for Tyranny of Dragons

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Delwa Posted - 13 Oct 2014 : 20:02:15
Can be found here. It came up in my News Feed on Facebook and I thought I'd share. I haven't finished reading it, so can't comment more. Enjoy!
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Delwa Posted - 17 Oct 2014 : 19:43:22
That is awesome! I'm going to have to do some more reading on the area in current day. Thanks!
Matt James Posted - 17 Oct 2014 : 19:40:52
The good thing is that the lore Brian and I wrote in Monument of the Ancients was included in this write-up. So, they did not retcon what we had done with the region (yay!).

It's funny because Ector had a small role in the adventure we wrote, so it's cool they picked up on it and now he's a cool bad guy. He -was- a good paladin, but it makes sense that he could have become corrupt over time.

All in all, it's just a cool little finding :)
Delwa Posted - 17 Oct 2014 : 19:33:54
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

Oh this is hilarious. Ector Brahms is a character Brian played as a kid.

That is amusing. No other similarities besides name I trust?
Matt James Posted - 17 Oct 2014 : 19:29:09
Oh this is hilarious. Ector Brahms is a character Brian played as a kid.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Oct 2014 : 23:35:33
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Please dont bring Power Rangers into the Realms. The last thing we need is Shadovar vs Megazords, or badly dubbed villains cursing at Phlan (and deploying a gargantuan monster every week) from their hidden base on the moon.

I thought that was the plot of the next RSE...
Ayrik Posted - 14 Oct 2014 : 22:47:32
Please dont bring Power Rangers into the Realms. The last thing we need is Shadovar vs Megazords, or badly dubbed villains cursing at Phlan (and deploying a gargantuan monster every week) from their hidden base on the moon.
xaeyruudh Posted - 14 Oct 2014 : 06:53:32
Insight into our favorite giant space hamster... or ammo for endless teasing... either way, it's good to know.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Oct 2014 : 05:20:48
quote:
Originally posted by xaeyruudh

Googling hatemaster gives me Power Rangers pages. /facepalm.

That's not so bad, if it includes the Pink Ranger from the 90s. I had a thing for her, back in the day... My little brother and I both had an interest in the Power Rangers, but for very different reasons!
xaeyruudh Posted - 14 Oct 2014 : 03:42:41
Ooh, thanks Brian. I missed that reference. It makes sense for followers of Xvim, where it seems weird for Zhentilar commanders and worse for Zhentarim.

Googling hatemaster gives me Power Rangers pages. /facepalm.

And I can only imagine how weird/frustrating (and in some cases infuriating amirite?) it must feel sending something in and then seeing it come back completely different. I've heard about actors saying similar things... they don't always even know how the movies they're in are going to play out until they see them in theatres.
Brian R. James Posted - 14 Oct 2014 : 02:15:17
Some of the lore prior to 1480 DR is from Monument of the Ancients or timeline tweets I made at the time. Everything after is news to me.

I didn't name the Shade vs. Zhentil Keep the Shadowbane War, because that would be silly repurpose of Erik Scott de Bie's signature character. Phlan did seek protection from fey (just fey, not dark fey) in the Quivering Forest, but the Black Fist slaying a Shade prince is news to me.

It's so surreal seeing your work transform at the behest of other designers.

@Xaeyruudh Hatemaster was a title granted to individuals of certain rank in the priesthood of Iyachtu Xvim [Faiths & Avatars p.83]
Delwa Posted - 14 Oct 2014 : 00:16:17
The Adventurers League is the Official Organized Play group for WotC.
xaeyruudh Posted - 14 Oct 2014 : 00:13:21
"Hatemaster" is a title now? Ugh.

I'm not familiar with the whole Tyranny storyline yet (who the heck is the D&D Adventurers League?) but from reading the linked page I got the impression that the fey in the Quivering Forest were responsible for the survival of Cvaal and Phlan. Hopefully that part is explained somewhere because it's a big hole in the story otherwise.

quote:

Forging an alliance with the fey of the nearby Quivering Forest, Phlan was spared from the destruction that came to Zhentil Keep and the Citadel of the Raven at the hands of the Netherese.

Delwa Posted - 13 Oct 2014 : 23:33:11
That was my thought. I know in one of the recent scrolls here we tallied what Shade Princes were still unaccounted for after the Sundering novels. I need to find that and see if I can narrow down which Prince it was. I believe there are only one or two possibilities.
Kentinal Posted - 13 Oct 2014 : 23:26:38
Maybe the shades leadership really did not like that one prince and did not care he failed and died? *shrugs*
Delwa Posted - 13 Oct 2014 : 23:04:35
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

So... The Shades leveled Zhentil Keep because they were irked that the Zhents worked with the phaerimm. Later, the ruler of Phlan slays one of the princes of Shade... and Shade lets this slide.

Huh?

I did find that confusing. It makes me wonder what powers were in play that aren't mentioned that would cause Shade to stay its hand. Or, were the Zhents merely seen as a significant threat and Phlan for some reason was not?
Tis a puzzlement.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Oct 2014 : 22:51:38
So... The Shades leveled Zhentil Keep because they were irked that the Zhents worked with the phaerimm. Later, the ruler of Phlan slays one of the princes of Shade... and Shade lets this slide.

Huh?
Delwa Posted - 13 Oct 2014 : 21:30:30
I agree they should do more, and I expect there to be more. It seems they are only giving the bare minimum needed to run the adventures and expecting the DM to come up with his own material or do research via the FR Wiki, this forum, or the older books available as PDFs.
Irennan Posted - 13 Oct 2014 : 20:51:14
Nice to see that they are putting out at least some info on the 5e FR. They should do more of those, tho. Like waaay more, if we are to get a picture of the post-Sundering Realms through that.
Kentinal Posted - 13 Oct 2014 : 20:35:51
Well there is a point of light in a very dark city.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000