Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Ierithymbul?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Markustay Posted - 23 Sep 2014 : 14:18:35
Just found Ierithymbul - a settlement - between Leilon and Westbridge in the FRIA; anyone know what it is, or where it is from?

Somehow I've managed to completely overlook it on all my maps.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Markustay Posted - 27 Sep 2014 : 21:17:50
Ah, okay... I thought it sounded familiar. THANKS

Puts it damn close to Phandalin.
Stormlord Posted - 27 Sep 2014 : 19:45:55
The entry from Northern Journey appears to be lifted from Volo's Guide to the North (pg. 107, 2nd column, last paragraph).
xaeyruudh Posted - 27 Sep 2014 : 19:11:30
Northern Journey mentions the Place of the Unicorn: http://www.nj-pbem.com/data/Places/PlaceoftheUnicorn.htm

It's also mentioned in a Wizards community post (with a 4e map): http://community.wizards.com/forum/dd-next-general-discussion/threads/4099286

As usual, they don't cite their sources. But it's possible that you'll recognize the map?
Markustay Posted - 27 Sep 2014 : 19:02:43
Just to the left and a little below Ieirithybul is something called the "Place of the Unicorn". Is it a church, or just a natural (holy) site? Where can info on that be found?
Markustay Posted - 24 Sep 2014 : 13:03:54
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

It is if its spelled correctly, i guess thats why i never found it with my search.
Its not spelled correctly - I used the speling that is on the FRIA map, which isn't the same as the one in the article...

Its Ieirithymbul.

This is why I research each location before I place it on the map - you'd be amazed how many mistakes have crept-in over the years.
George Krashos Posted - 24 Sep 2014 : 04:51:49
quote:

It is if its spelled correctly, i guess thats why i never found it with my search.

How on earth did you manage to remember that?

The secret to being a "loremaster" of the Realms has always come down to knowing where to look for stuff. That's usually a memory thing, but with regional stuff you can always narrow down the products to check out.

That and blind luck!

-- George Krashos
ericlboyd Posted - 24 Sep 2014 : 03:48:53
quote:

I remember which article touches on which region.

--Eric
Markustay Posted - 24 Sep 2014 : 03:12:06
Thanks George!
Gary Dallison Posted - 23 Sep 2014 : 15:18:21

George Krashos Posted - 23 Sep 2014 : 14:59:54
It's from the 'Wyrms of the North' write-up for Palarandusk.

-- George Krashos
Gary Dallison Posted - 23 Sep 2014 : 14:36:22
Sounds like an old dwarven or maybe elven settlement.

The similarity between "thymbul" and Simbul leans more toward elven since Simbul was original a deity of the Yuir pantheon and so may have been some kind of fey creature (or an elf) or maybe a title of the elves.

I get no results from a search in any of my lore or google so its probably one of those places added by (i think) Eric Boyd in that patch he made for it. I'd ask him first.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000