Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Thirty Years at the Inn of the Last Home

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 13 Sep 2014 : 04:11:43
For fans of Dragonlance, here's a great article by Julie Bartel at The Hub: Thirty Years at the Inn of the Last Home: Celebrating Dragonlance.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Sep 2014 : 04:15:16
At this time, I'm not enough of a Dragonlance fan to seek out those books... But I thought getting a copy of the first one, for free, was pretty dang nifty.
The Sage Posted - 15 Sep 2014 : 03:25:59
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

A few months ago, a coworker was getting rid of a lot of books, and gave me first pick... One of the things in there was the original printing of Leaves From the Inn of the Last Home.

Well met

Good catch, Wooly. One of the best Dragonlance products ever produced, in my eyes. I have it here still, along with More Leaves...

In case either of you, or even other fellow DL fans who weren't already aware... there was a final volume released for this series in 2007 -- entitled Lost Leaves From the Inn of the Last Home.

A lot of cool material was included in this volume, and it serves as one of the last great products released for the setting.
Alaundo Posted - 14 Sep 2014 : 23:36:12
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

A few months ago, a coworker was getting rid of a lot of books, and gave me first pick... One of the things in there was the original printing of Leaves From the Inn of the Last Home.

Well met

Good catch, Wooly. One of the best Dragonlance products ever produced, in my eyes. I have it here still, along with More Leaves...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Sep 2014 : 15:21:17
The Sage Posted - 13 Sep 2014 : 11:11:10
It would be kind of cool to make my first Gen Con visit coincide with the thirtieth anniversary of the FORGOTTEN REALMS setting.
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 13 Sep 2014 : 06:23:58
Sounds like we all ought to start saving our pennies for a 2016 meetup at Gen Con.
The Sage Posted - 13 Sep 2014 : 06:21:08
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

I know right? It's been a long time.
I fondly remember Dragons of Despair as being my first experience with TSR's version of roleplaying games. So there's a great deal of nostalgia tied up with my remember that hot December day of coming home from the gaming store and ripping off the plastic cover from the first DL module, and then just reading away the afternoon happily day-dreaming of dragons, lost gods, fallen civilisations, and larger-than-life-heroes. Plus, all that fantastic Tracy Hickman writing crammed between the covers! And, of course, Elmore's contributions even at that early stage of DL's development.

Cool stuff.
quote:
IIRC the Realms was released in 1986. Makes me think WotC will release the 5E Realms in 2016, for another 30 year anniversary.

That would be nice... considering the 20th anniversary for the Realms didn't really receive as much "celebration" as most would tend to like for a well-established gaming world.
Dalor Darden Posted - 13 Sep 2014 : 05:52:45
I love Dragonlance...I have introduced so many people to fantasy gaming with that setting; but most importantly my wife fell in love with the Fellowship of the Lance and it was honestly one of the first times I ever saw her cry (and I've never seen her cry over a book since!).
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 13 Sep 2014 : 05:29:28
I know right? It's been a long time.

IIRC the Realms was released in 1986. Makes me think WotC will release the 5E Realms in 2016, for another 30 year anniversary.
The Sage Posted - 13 Sep 2014 : 04:40:14
I was just reading that a moment ago, and complimenting it with MerriB's wonderful review of the first DRAGONLANCE gaming module which was recently released on dndclassics.com.

It's hard to believe that thirty years have passed since those early days of gaming goodness on Krynn!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000