Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Best map for a poster sized framed Realms map?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cards77 Posted - 17 Aug 2014 : 00:50:47
I want to get a very large (poster sized) and detailed map to hang in our gaming room so we can refer to it whilst we play.

I play 3.5 edition, but would take an older map if need be. I'm most interested in the Sword Coast North and Silver Marches areas.

Have any of you done this? Which map did you use? I'm assuming it needs to be very high resolution?

I'd love one of Markustay's maps with all the detailed locations on it....and I would pay gladly for such.

Any suggestions? I'm sure I'm not the first. How did it work out for you?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Arcanamach Posted - 20 Aug 2014 : 08:21:48
Ah thanks. I'm glad I saw your cautionary comment before I attempted to download anything. I'll avoid them. Cheers.
Dalor Darden Posted - 20 Aug 2014 : 07:21:19
4shared pushes the envelope of "safe" is all. If you aren't very careful, you can get infected or (worse to me) you can be illegally downloading something that should be paid for.
Cards77 Posted - 20 Aug 2014 : 03:03:00
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

Dalor why do you advise avoiding 4share? I ask because if Sleyvas says it's safe (which I infer it is if he's providing the link) then that's usually good enough for me.

4shared can gift you with some nasty adware/malware if you're not extremely careful. It also requires you to log in with some kind of account, thereby getting your Google+/Facebook/Etc information.
Cards77 Posted - 20 Aug 2014 : 03:02:01
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

Massive 3e map: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120201174035/forgottenrealms/images/1/10/Map_-_Faerun_-_3E.jpg

Thank you sir!
Matt James Posted - 19 Aug 2014 : 22:33:58
Massive 3e map: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120201174035/forgottenrealms/images/1/10/Map_-_Faerun_-_3E.jpg
The Arcanamach Posted - 19 Aug 2014 : 19:28:03
Dalor why do you advise avoiding 4share? I ask because if Sleyvas says it's safe (which I infer it is if he's providing the link) then that's usually good enough for me.
Dalor Darden Posted - 18 Aug 2014 : 19:45:53
I advise staying away from 4shared completely
Wooly Rupert Posted - 18 Aug 2014 : 01:30:25
quote:
Originally posted by Cards77

quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

You might also want to check ebay and see if you can get yourself a copy of the Forgotten Realms Trail Map. That thing is huge, maybe eight feel tall and four wide, but covers just about everything. I've been thinking of getting mine framed at some point. Unfortunately, it's being shipped right now, so I can't give you a better idea of dimensions and coverage.

Can you expand on what this trail map is? I've seen the Waterdeep trail map but I haven't seen one for the whole Realms. Google image search turned up nothing. I already have the Waterdeep City System.

There are two FR trail maps -- the Waterdeep one and a Kara-Tur one.

Gale Force 9 did a big map a couple years back. It's the 4E version, though.
Cards77 Posted - 18 Aug 2014 : 00:58:35
quote:

You might also want to check ebay and see if you can get yourself a copy of the Forgotten Realms Trail Map. That thing is huge, maybe eight feel tall and four wide, but covers just about everything. I've been thinking of getting mine framed at some point. Unfortunately, it's being shipped right now, so I can't give you a better idea of dimensions and coverage.

Can you expand on what this trail map is? I've seen the Waterdeep trail map but I haven't seen one for the whole Realms. Google image search turned up nothing. I already have the Waterdeep City System.
sleyvas Posted - 17 Aug 2014 : 11:28:52
quote:

If she's wanting a detailed map of the north, that one would be dated and sparsely detailed.

If you're wanting a better resolution. Try downloading Rob's world map. Its in TIF format and huge, so it shouldn't lose any clarity by being switched to JPEG. When I cut and paste from there and paste it what I'd consider the NW, it wants to print on 9 - 8.5x11 landscape sheets of paper (though admittedly most fits on 4 sheets, so probably it would fit on a 16x24 or nearabout size.... admittedly, not poster size, but big enough for a reference).

http://www.4shared.com/get/c42WYOuice/TorilMap.html
Hoondatha Posted - 17 Aug 2014 : 07:29:07
Akantor Posted - 17 Aug 2014 : 07:22:19
Markustay's? He has some really nice detailed local maps, may be you'll find what you're searching.
Cards77 Posted - 17 Aug 2014 : 03:44:44
I have seen Rob's maps. I love them. However, I would need to get my hands on a full size, high rez version. I will see how it looks zoomed up.
sleyvas Posted - 17 Aug 2014 : 02:34:36
http://img710.yfrog.com/img710/5359/northwest.jpg

Also, check this forum link
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13515&whichpage=2

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000