Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 5e Realms maps

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Caolin Posted - 06 Jun 2014 : 21:34:57
Looks like we may have some 5e Realms maps out there in the wild. Check out Mike Schley's twitter page.

https://twitter.com/schley
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BenN Posted - 02 Aug 2014 : 06:40:21
It is on the map (sorta); "The Shaeradim" is there, along with the Grey Cloak Hills.
Derulbaskul Posted - 31 Jul 2014 : 05:45:53
Maybe it's now magically shrouded and so it doesn't appear on the map?
BenN Posted - 30 Jul 2014 : 22:59:09
According to the 4e FRCG, Evereska is definitely still there, with a population of 22K. Since the phaerimm attack,
quote:
a century of relative peace has seen Evereska rebuilt

In the 'Ask Ed' scroll, Ed mentions that Evereska is one of the places to which refugees from Myth Drannor fled prior to the Shadovar/Sembian siege.

So it should definitely be there in 5e, as far as I can tell.
ZeshinX Posted - 30 Jul 2014 : 21:27:20
quote:
Originally posted by Seravin

Ugh, so they got rid of Evereska in 4E? And now Myth Drannor is mostly back to ruins, and no more Evermeet. I guess destroying elven civilizations is the mark of a new edition (sigh). They can all hang out in Elventree on the Moonsea I guess. Until 6th edition when they will have another RSE to destroy it too! Let's destroy Menzoberranzan a few times for a change.

Evereska is technically still there, though in a state not remotely like it was before the Spellplague.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Evereska

Damn shame, but it could be restored/rebuilt.
Seravin Posted - 30 Jul 2014 : 21:13:28
Ugh, so they got rid of Evereska in 4E? And now Myth Drannor is mostly back to ruins, and no more Evermeet. I guess destroying elven civilizations is the mark of a new edition (sigh). They can all hang out in Elventree on the Moonsea I guess. Until 6th edition when they will have another RSE to destroy it too! Let's destroy Menzoberranzan a few times for a change.
Delwa Posted - 30 Jul 2014 : 20:01:15
I see two mountain ranges, The Greycloak Hills, and another one just south of that. Comparing the 3E map of the same location, it seems to me the artist simply didn't label Evereska, the actual geography hasn't changed. I could be missing something, though.
If this map is for a particular adventure, then it's simply possible Evereska isn't relevant to the adventure. If you check out Mike Schley's maps, he's done one of the area around Neverwinter, but there are several different versions of the same map, with different points labeled to suit the product they are released with.
ZeshinX Posted - 30 Jul 2014 : 19:15:29
Evereska is definitely missing, as it should be in or right around the Greycloak Hills area. I noticed that as well, so checked out the Evereska entry on the FR wiki, since I wasn't sure if 4e Realms obliterated it or not. Seems like it's still there, but is yet another ruin or "not as it was" location.
Seravin Posted - 30 Jul 2014 : 18:23:37
Is Evereska missing or I am missing something? Neat looking, you guys have good eyes to catch typos.
Eilserus Posted - 30 Jul 2014 : 01:18:15
Interesting that Sundabar isn't located on that map. ;)
George Krashos Posted - 30 Jul 2014 : 00:26:31
Yes, bit concerned by the typos. Otherwise wonderful.

-- George Krashos
Mapolq Posted - 29 Jul 2014 : 22:28:34
There's typos and placement errors. Is that early work? But the art is pretty good!
Caolin Posted - 29 Jul 2014 : 17:30:39
OK, now THIS is definitely a new 5E map. :D

http://my-realms.blogspot.com/2014/07/a-new-map-of-sword-coast.html
Delwa Posted - 08 Jun 2014 : 12:49:10
quote:
Originally posted by hashimashadoo

Even if there *was* new content there it wouldn't tempt me to sign up for godsdamned twitter.

He posts links for most of his updates on Google+ as well. His website is its own place, though.
hashimashadoo Posted - 08 Jun 2014 : 11:08:49
Even if there *was* new content there it wouldn't tempt me to sign up for godsdamned twitter.
Delwa Posted - 07 Jun 2014 : 04:34:45
quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

Yep, those are from the Menzo book (a good, and fairly edition neutral book) and other "4e" books.

Really? I just assumed this was new stuff from the nature of his posts. Given that I haven't seen any gaming material in years I guess it's easy for me to be confused.

Yeah, he's been making some of his previous art and cartography available to purchase as prints. He also is making the maps he drew for D&D encounters available for purchase as high resolution images you can print for games, or use on sites like Roll20.
Caolin Posted - 07 Jun 2014 : 03:40:34
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

Yep, those are from the Menzo book (a good, and fairly edition neutral book) and other "4e" books.

Really? I just assumed this was new stuff from the nature of his posts. Given that I haven't seen any gaming material in years I guess it's easy for me to be confused.
Delwa Posted - 07 Jun 2014 : 00:33:51
Irennan Posted - 06 Jun 2014 : 23:06:53
quote:
Originally posted by eeorey

I rally like the style i which the maps are drawn, but is it just me or do the buildings in Menzoberranzan look like buildings you might see in an ordinary city? I always imagined drow buildings to be carved from/in the natural rock not so much built on top of it.
Also this is perhaps a testament to just how popular the drow are, first realms maps I've seen and they are of Menzo.

Those maps are old AFAIK. Aren't they the same that were included in 4e sourcebook about Menzoberranzan?
eeorey Posted - 06 Jun 2014 : 22:40:18
I rally like the style i which the maps are drawn, but is it just me or do the buildings in Menzoberranzan look like buildings you might see in an ordinary city? I always imagined drow buildings to be carved from/in the natural rock not so much built on top of it.
Also this is perhaps a testament to just how popular the drow are, first realms maps I've seen and they are of Menzo.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000