Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Question about the Fairy Courts in 4E

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Roseweave Posted - 18 Jul 2014 : 19:32:05
I'm trying to figure out if Tiandra is a new name for Titania and if there's anything been said officially between the two. I'm also curious as to what happened to the Queen of Air and Darkness.

In general I prefer the lore of 4E but I miss the old Fairy Courts.

Mod edit: Corrected the typo in the subject, to facilitate future searches.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sfdragon Posted - 20 Jul 2014 : 20:54:17
and even if you do, it might be nda
sleyvas Posted - 20 Jul 2014 : 16:45:58
you'll probably never get an official word on it. That way they can keep options open.
Roseweave Posted - 20 Jul 2014 : 13:39:23
Who could you ask for an official word on this? I guess Ed could give his two cents for the Realms Feywild which is what's important here.
sleyvas Posted - 20 Jul 2014 : 11:20:30
Oh, the one thing I see is that the Queen of Air & Darkness IS the queen of the Unseelie Court. So, Auril / Aurilandur is the ruler of the Unseelie Court.

The question of whether Tiandra is Titania brings out another issue. Specifically regarding Cegilune, goddess of hags, her entry states that if Titania dies, there's a linkage between her and Cegilune that would kill Cegilune as well. It should be noted that Cegilune does add a bit of a quandary with the whole Shar/Selune thing, because she is a darkly evil goddess, but she is empowered by the full moon. Personally, I could see her as possibly a "child" of Selune's that turned bad.... or possibly a spin off of Mystryl (i.e. a portion of the piece that Selune hurled through Shar.. but this piece DIDN'T solidify into Mystryl and formed a new entity). However, that creation mythology does nothing to tie her to Titania. I half wonder if Mystryl didn't come to Toril and Cegilune went to the feywild. Perhaps Titania had to enact some kind of magic spell which tied them both in order to quell Cegilune's depridations, and she tied it to her own health? A possible question then becomes, did the Sundering somehow break this linkage, and did Cegilune kill Titania as a result? Or did someone else kill Titania and inadvertently cause Cegilune's death? Or did someone kill Cegilune and cause Titania's death?

On Cegilune it says
"She is believed to be related to the sylvan deities, allegedly a dark sister to Titania, their natures being irrevocably opposed as are light and darkness, yet neither can exist without the other. It is widely believed, even by some deities, that should either goddess perish, the other will automatically perish also; so the gods of good have their hands tied in opposing the evil mistress of Hades and her eternal hunger for souls. This relation cannot be the whole truth, because of Titania's known dark sister the Queen of Air and Darkness, but there is some relation between the dark hag and the fair Faerie Queen. Cegilune is seen by the sylvan beings as a fearsome stalker in darkness, and even hags themselves have no love of their goddess. They fear her greed and avarice, believing that she will take from them the spoils which are rightly theirs".

LordofBones Posted - 19 Jul 2014 : 22:20:57
Maybe Auril just took up the name to annoy the Queen of Air and Darkness, or she has some kind of agreement with the Queen; in exchange for reaping the fruits of the Queen's reputation, Auril grants the Queen another foothold in her efforts to expunge the Prime Material Plane of Titania's children.
Brian R. James Posted - 19 Jul 2014 : 04:59:37
This thread may be useful to you Roseweave:

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17912
sleyvas Posted - 19 Jul 2014 : 01:39:38
I don't know that it does. In fact, I'd say that the prince of Frost isn't part of the realms and is a part of the feywild that is "far from" Toril. Having him and Auril in the same world would be a bit confusing. So, I guess my answer becomes more like "in the realms, Auril is the Queen of Air and Darkness".
Roseweave Posted - 19 Jul 2014 : 01:16:34
^ how does that relate to the Prince of Frost, the Summer Winter Courts, Unseelie Courts etc.?
sleyvas Posted - 18 Jul 2014 : 23:35:41
The Queen of Air and Darkness is Auril per Dragon 367
Diffan Posted - 18 Jul 2014 : 21:54:54
I'm not entirely sure, though I think if you read through the Hereos of the Feywild supplement, it might give you a much better perspective.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000