Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Araevin Teshurr and Galaeron Nihmedu

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 30 Jun 2014 : 12:12:31
Soooo... what ever happened to this mighty mage and Shadow Mage throughout the last century or so? It bothers me how two main characters of such major events get no follow up stories. Anyone know?
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Masked Mage Posted - 04 Aug 2014 : 23:11:52
They were both interesting, but tbh i could do without them.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Aug 2014 : 17:18:35
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

With a CG moon elf shadow mage, trained by the shadovar themselves, you'd think Shar would have been keeping an eye on him, or at least Rivalen wanting to know what he's up to at any given moment.

I think it likely that after a few decades of not doing anything particularly noteworthy, interested parties would stop watching him.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 04 Aug 2014 : 12:32:18
With a CG moon elf shadow mage, trained by the shadovar themselves, you'd think Shar would have been keeping an eye on him, or at least Rivalen wanting to know what he's up to at any given moment.
The Arcanamach Posted - 10 Jul 2014 : 22:32:37
All the more reason to avoid stupid timejumps in the future. I really liked Areavin as a character and he should have been present in the Herald, IMO. I really hope he isn't dead though. Gal I can live without though I did like him (I just really hated the whole return of Shade thing so not as interested).
Thauranil Posted - 09 Jul 2014 : 11:25:37
quote:
Originally posted by Tarlyn

They are both arcane users. There is always the chance that they got killed during the spell plague.

That makes sense but I hope that its not the case. It just seems like a waste.
Tarlyn Posted - 09 Jul 2014 : 10:59:09
They are both arcane users. There is always the chance that they got killed during the spell plague.
jerrod Posted - 09 Jul 2014 : 00:00:03
It is said that arevin teshur rebuilt the mythal of myth drannor,.becoming a primary caster of it was supposed to give him the ability to sense when It was tampered with. He and even some of the ancient weavers of art in remade city of Fertelmir should've been able to sense it's emanate destruction.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 08 Jul 2014 : 16:59:37
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

@TBeholder: I see your point, but considering the threat Shade had become, Galaeron might be interested, even if he personally wanted nothing to do with them again. He would probably feel some sort of responsibility.

I was happy to see Fflar and Ilsevele in The Herald, but I think Araevin should have been there too. I know he has the travel bug, but Myth Drannor was his home, he he would have wanted to have been there if it was under attack.

Having not read the book, I don't know how reasonable an option this is... But do we know that he knew Myth Drannor was under attack? If he was travelling the wider Realms, or wandering the planes, he might not have known what was going on at home until it was over and done. And that's also assuming he is alive and doesn't have some reason for avoiding Myth Drannor, which is also possible, given the time difference betwixt the Reclamation and Shadefall.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 08 Jul 2014 : 16:46:23
@TBeholder: I see your point, but considering the threat Shade had become, Galaeron might be interested, even if he personally wanted nothing to do with them again. He would probably feel some sort of responsibility.

I was happy to see Fflar and Ilsevele in The Herald, but I think Araevin should have been there too. I know he has the travel bug, but Myth Drannor was his home, he he would have wanted to have been there if it was under attack.
BenN Posted - 08 Jul 2014 : 14:49:14
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder
quote:
Originally posted by BenN

I would have liked to have seen them returning also (with Takari), to help defend Myth Drannor in The Herald.

What either of them forgot there? And if they did, why would they come only to the second act and skip the whole silly "elven reconquista" thing - especially since that time elves would be more likely to have run-ins with Phaerimm?

Well, both Araevin and Galaeron have experience in repairing/manipulating damaged mythals (not to mention that Araevin had extensive knowledge of Myth Drannor's mythal), so I would have thought they would have been high on the list of individuals to whom the coronal sent calls for aid.

And as we've learned (from Ed's Tears so white), Myth Drannor's mythal was seriously weakened in advance of the Netherese assault, so you'd think it would be an 'all hands on deck' situation.....
TBeholder Posted - 08 Jul 2014 : 10:43:14
quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

Umm they retired to the Dales and lived happily ever after
Seriously though I completely agree with you that we should get some closure on these characters.

Dales? They were going to Vaasa. I mean, Galaeron and his little harem.

quote:
Originally posted by BenN

I would have liked to have seen them returning also (with Takari), to help defend Myth Drannor in The Herald.

What either of them forgot there? And if they did, why would they come only to the second act and skip the whole silly "elven reconquista" thing - especially since that time elves would be more likely to have run-ins with Phaerimm?

quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

and Gal would likely be interested in the whereabouts of Shade.

I'd think Galaeron had just enough troubles with shades to keep him supplied for three next lifetimes. Why would he actively seek the second portion after spending so much effort on convincing them to get lost?
CorellonsDevout Posted - 08 Jul 2014 : 02:59:42
I've wondered that too, especially since Araevin had a stake in restoring Myth Drannor, and Gal would likely be interested in the whereabouts of Shade.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 06 Jul 2014 : 00:22:22
I just can't imagine they would not know what's going on.
The Masked Mage Posted - 30 Jun 2014 : 14:48:58
yeah, who knows on that one
BenN Posted - 30 Jun 2014 : 12:34:37
Thauranil Posted - 30 Jun 2014 : 12:21:30
Umm they retired to the Dales and lived happily ever after
Seriously though I completely agree with you that we should get some closure on these characters.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000