Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 PbEM with the hammer

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hammer of Moradin Posted - 19 May 2004 : 23:13:53
I noticed a couple of BpEM games going on, I even looked at joining one. Being very popular I decided, "hey, I can do this". So, anyone wanting to join a campaign drop me an e-mail.
Having never tried this I also would appreciate any advice from anyone participating, especially running, one of the current games on the best way to run this technically. Anyone wanting to join in from a current campaign is fine by me.
Of course I want to run the Realms. Version 3.5 since it's current, but I have a lot of material in almost every incarnation of D&D, so I would be open to any of the others.
Let me know. I only hope the gods of Faerun aren't laughing at me for taking this on!
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kaladorm Posted - 11 Dec 2005 : 00:59:21
Sorry to hear that Kev.

We've waited a while, I'm sure a few days won't kill us.

I won't burden you with our campaign too much either, it's taking some time for me to work a few things out as it is ;)
hammer of Moradin Posted - 10 Dec 2005 : 17:54:52
I sent my article to Alaundo. That's done. I had a few suggestions from PDK about redesigning the campaign, and they just might work. So, don't fly away just yet Kal, I may make how we do things a bit easier, and more interesting. I'll post later, as I have been busy with a new job at the old job, and sadly, a death in the family. I have the time now, I just need a few days.
Kaladorm Posted - 27 Nov 2005 : 13:45:01
Some of Kev's current adventures can be found in my campaign journal (under the surprisingly dwarflike human paladin Daleson) in case you wondered why I've been keeping him busy :D
Alaundo Posted - 27 Nov 2005 : 09:59:13
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Huh..... did I come in at a bad time?

Well met

In addition, I haven't seen the Hammer of Moradin wandering these halls of late. I know that he has tried to keep this PbEM alive on numerous occasions, and I hope that it does not cease to be (i'm after those campaign journals, for one ).

The Hammer also has a pending article on dwarven culture overdue... Woe be tide!
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 27 Nov 2005 : 01:19:04
quote:
Originally posted by Kaladorm

Regretfully I'm going to retire Kaladorm :(

after the long break I just haven't found the motivation to get back into the game. Also the Dalelands campaign is using up any leftover time and creativity .

I'll have to talk it over with chris a bit (being twins and all) but I'll try and sort out a reason for Kaladorm being absent.

Thanks for running the campaign so far though Kev, it's been great, and got me into email campaigns in the first place (without it we wouldn't be where we are now, in the Dalelands with the famous 'Suicidal Seven' :))

Huh..... did I come in at a bad time?
Reefy Posted - 25 Nov 2005 : 15:30:43
Ha! The irony, just when I finally motivated myself to get back into the swing of things, I come appear and find me durned brother's gone and quit on me! We'll have to sort this out but I'm sure it'll be easy enough. Wonder what it's going to do to Drontar though...

Welcome back PDK, by the way.
Kaladorm Posted - 25 Nov 2005 : 13:46:31
Regretfully I'm going to retire Kaladorm :(

after the long break I just haven't found the motivation to get back into the game. Also the Dalelands campaign is using up any leftover time and creativity .

I'll have to talk it over with chris a bit (being twins and all) but I'll try and sort out a reason for Kaladorm being absent.

Thanks for running the campaign so far though Kev, it's been great, and got me into email campaigns in the first place (without it we wouldn't be where we are now, in the Dalelands with the famous 'Suicidal Seven' :))
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 25 Nov 2005 : 13:40:17
Hi Hammer,

I return to these boards after about a year of absence! got high speed internet again, so expect to see me more often! :)

About XPs for the first ogre/orcs fight: did you hand them out or not? I have missed out on a lot of conversations this year.

thanks!
hammer of Moradin Posted - 05 Sep 2005 : 15:50:02
quote:
Originally posted by Wood Elf Ranger

*hic...*

I knew those arctic dwarves couldn't hold their liquor!
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 01 Sep 2005 : 00:19:51
*hic...*
hammer of Moradin Posted - 29 Aug 2005 : 05:28:48
Man, the PC's must be wasted to not be able to respond at all to the merchant's question?
Anybody?
I don't want to get things moving without some sort of concensus or answer.
hammer of Moradin Posted - 18 Aug 2005 : 04:45:24
Things should start picking up from here.
I still need to get XP's from the fight with the orcs and ogre. I will try to get this done this weekend, but Alaundo is waiting patiently for my new Hammer's Stroke article, which needs some finishing touches.
Have you guys been keeping up with the articles so far?
Feel free to have anything therein included in our campaign. And yes, that is a hint!
hammer of Moradin Posted - 03 Aug 2005 : 06:04:49
And so it begins, again. Everyone who participated before should have received an e-mail from me. If not, send me an e-mail, or PM me through Candlekeep here.
hammer of Moradin Posted - 29 Jun 2005 : 03:42:33
quote:
Originally posted by Forge

Just thought I'd check and see if you guys were still playing, or considering starting up again soon.

The end of July at the earliest. I have too much, too fast, to come up with a mediocre attempt at restarting this. I will get it back on track after that, however.
Forge Posted - 27 Jun 2005 : 20:15:13
Just thought I'd check and see if you guys were still playing, or considering starting up again soon.
Lysander Posted - 06 Jun 2005 : 03:23:58
quote:
Originally posted by Wood Elf Ranger

Just bught my first house and getting married in August. Not to mention my new addiction to WOW as Hammer pointed out So I may not have much time to devote but we shall see, Darube doesn't talk much anyways Anyone know what Dale is up to?

*Darube drops his pants and wags his blue butt at Dale*

Congrats on the house and on getting married! i'M FIGHTING A Rome: Total War mini-addiction (does one whole weekend count as an addiction?) Having been one to post infrequently on other PbEMs thanks to outside pressures, "no worries!"

Oy! Dae ye pure hae tae dae 'at haur, whaur we're tryin' tae hae a bevvy! Noo Ah hae tae fin' some bleach tae gie 'at mental picture it ay mah heed!
Oy! Do you really have to do that here, where we're trying to have a drink! Now I have to find some bleach to get that mental picture out of my head!
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 06 Jun 2005 : 02:54:32
Just bught my first house and getting married in August. Not to mention my new addiction to WOW as Hammer pointed out So I may not have much time to devote but we shall see, Darube doesn't talk much anyways Anyone know what Dale is up to?

*Darube drops his pants and wags his blue butt at Dale*
Lysander Posted - 05 Jun 2005 : 19:39:36
quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

PDK! Lysander was wondering what he would shake out of that tree. I may have to step up my timetable if permitted. Grab yer axes boys.

"Look! A hairless monkey!"

Whoops, wrong Known Universe, er, Realms.

Time to dust off the old emails and review. As cliche'd as it is, I think we're in a bar.
hammer of Moradin Posted - 05 Jun 2005 : 17:25:26
PDK! Lysander was wondering what he would shake out of that tree. I may have to step up my timetable if permitted. Grab yer axes boys.
Lysander Posted - 05 Jun 2005 : 17:21:30
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Thanks for shaking the cobwebs up Lysander. I needed that! :)

My absence within the marvelous world of gaming was required for some real-world projects (new job, buying a house, and getting a yellow labrador puppy being the highlights). The job is great, but very time-consuming. I was doing 60+ hours a week for the first three months (my personal high score being a week of 76 hours... ), but now I have re-sharpened my math/engineering skills enough so that I'm having regular 40-50 hour weeks again!

Let me know when you're ready for Joylin's motherly advices once again, and I will don her breast plates for you all, boys!

Good to see you're alive and kicking.

Back 'fore I ran my own place, my personal high score was 77.25 hours. I'd calculated that at 77.3 I'd hit the next marginal tax bracket, and since time was scored in quarter hours... I did that a couple weeks until one of the supervising attorneys said something to me about "working such an odd number of hours, when every one else was either under 70 or 80+ hours." So, I promptly did the most prudent thing: worked 75 hours, and spread around my tax calculations. The project ended a couple weeks after that conversaton, coincidentally enough.
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 05 Jun 2005 : 09:43:35
Thanks for shaking the cobwebs up Lysander. I needed that! :)

My absence within the marvelous world of gaming was required for some real-world projects (new job, buying a house, and getting a yellow labrador puppy being the highlights). The job is great, but very time-consuming. I was doing 60+ hours a week for the first three months (my personal high score being a week of 76 hours... ), but now I have re-sharpened my math/engineering skills enough so that I'm having regular 40-50 hour weeks again!

Let me know when you're ready for Joylin's motherly advices once again, and I will don her breast plates for you all, boys!
hammer of Moradin Posted - 05 Jun 2005 : 01:46:42
quote:
Originally posted by Forge

Well, I'm a newb to these boards but would be willing to jump into a campaign like this, perhaps as a lurker at first to get the feel. Lemme know.

I haven't read through the entire 14 pages of this thread though, would that be recommended?

This thread is more for chit-chat among the players, but there is another thread for a summarization of the campaign also on the Adventuring section here at Candlekeep. I'll try and dig it up.
Forge Posted - 04 Jun 2005 : 17:28:58
Well, I'm a newb to these boards but would be willing to jump into a campaign like this, perhaps as a lurker at first to get the feel. Lemme know.

I haven't read through the entire 14 pages of this thread though, would that be recommended?
Reefy Posted - 04 Jun 2005 : 13:03:46
Me axe is sharp and there's orc skulls to be cleaving - I'm still good to go.
hammer of Moradin Posted - 04 Jun 2005 : 05:52:18
Patience young Jed... dwarf. Patience.
Who is still out there and willing to continue. At least a month before all of my major commitments wrap up (school) to leave me feeling free enough to get this going on a regular basis. I still very much wish to keep it going, I just don't want to start, and stop, and start, and... well you understand. When I get back in it I want to keep going until everyone is sick of it and ready to move on, which would hopefully be when the great-grandchildren kick you off the computer so they can play Warcraft MCMIIXV (that one's for you Lee.).
Let me here from you, as I know several of us are still around regularly, and in contact via other ways (Good game going Kal!).
Lysander Posted - 03 Jun 2005 : 01:52:32
I just thought I'd give this a shove, er, bump, so's we can dust the cobwebs off, take roll, and see where we're going.

"Faolagan agmundr, at yer service. Noo, lets gie thes shaw oan th' road!"

Reefy Posted - 07 Jan 2005 : 16:23:30
An even more belated happy new year than the last one I issued, but I'm ready to go when everyone else is. Good luck to all those busy trying to sort out the rather more pressing real life issues.
hammer of Moradin Posted - 01 Jan 2005 : 20:04:20
Happy New Year! I hope to get the year off right by posting today or tomorrow with some new material. I know PDK is settling in to a new job, so we'll start back slow. Give me a while and I'll see what I can come up with to get everyone to Citadel Felbarr.
Reefy Posted - 06 Dec 2004 : 15:36:52
I can't say I've ever come across it before but thanks for clearing it up.
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 06 Dec 2004 : 02:20:39
I think we use the abreviation a lot more here in the states. *shrugs*

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000