Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Creating a Fan Webzine

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gary Dallison Posted - 20 Apr 2014 : 08:55:48
Given the absence of dragon and dungeon mags I have decided to try my hand at making my own fan mag which contains only lore before the spellplague to continue the 1370s in an alternate timeline.
The only problem is I have never done this thing before and have no idea where to start.
I have access to Microsoft office and libre office but I suspect I will need a lot more.
Anyone have any advice on naking and releasing a web magazine
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Arcanamach Posted - 21 Apr 2014 : 22:51:14
Well I've dowloaded all of the stuff in your siggy LK (although I don't know why the links aren't correct...the spells edition doesn't go to elven magic *shrug*). Still I get where you're coming from. One thing I know though, dazzler has done a great deal of work for his homebrew so I'm sure he'll crank out some good stuff.
Gary Dallison Posted - 21 Apr 2014 : 21:11:22
Advice noted, but I'm just going to be making stuff up so what's the harm.
Kentinal Posted - 21 Apr 2014 : 19:46:20
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Given the absence of dragon and dungeon mags I have decided to try my hand at making my own fan mag which contains only lore before the spellplague to continue the 1370s in an alternate timeline.
The only problem is I have never done this thing before and have no idea where to start.
I have access to Microsoft office and libre office but I suspect I will need a lot more.
Anyone have any advice on naking and releasing a web magazine

Well making is only time. One thing I did not see yet is you must avoid copyright infringement. While 3rd Edition has open gaming license for many things there are still some things protected. I advise caution it what you place in any such fanzine.
Gary Dallison Posted - 21 Apr 2014 : 19:04:58
Well it turns out creating a pdf from a word document is not terribly difficult and I suddenly feel like doing a wyrms of the east article on Iyrauroth as the first entry.

hashimashadoo Posted - 21 Apr 2014 : 16:49:14
Because he speaks from experience.
Zireael Posted - 21 Apr 2014 : 09:58:22
LK, why so negative?
Gary Dallison Posted - 20 Apr 2014 : 18:55:34
Well I love your elves of faerun document and im creating the content for continuing the 1370s timeline anyway so I might as well see if anyone else is interested in it or finds it useful
Lord Karsus Posted - 20 Apr 2014 : 18:13:41
-Investing that much time and energy in something that, at best is ignored and at worst is a big flop is not particularly fun. I know.
Gary Dallison Posted - 20 Apr 2014 : 17:50:00
Well I dont know that I have any of those things apart from time and energy and plenty of ideas, but why should I let a possible lack of contributors or audience stop me.

I reckon I can get an alright looking document in word and make it available on google drive for a start.
Lord Karsus Posted - 20 Apr 2014 : 16:47:44
-A large group of dedicated, reliable contributors, a great deal of time and energy, and a large enough audience to make the effort worth doing.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000