Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Question for the 4e Fans

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Arcanamach Posted - 05 Mar 2014 : 16:13:12
I'm currently working on my own campaign rules and wanted to include some of the concepts from 4e. Namely, the use of rituals. So, I need one of two things (and both wouldn't hurt). Either a list of 4e products that have spells in them (so I can find which spells were listed as rituals and which ones weren't) or a list of those spells that were made into rituals. I have access to the original 4e core books and the 4e FRCG...I just need to know where to find those FR spells that were made into rituals.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Diffan Posted - 10 Mar 2014 : 19:25:44
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Oh, and btw, I agree, rituals are one of the pieces of 4e that I feel was an improvement and should have been done in 3.5.

Luckily they're continuing the idea with D&D:Next. The change, however, is that you can do one or the other. By preparing it, you cast it quickly but you have the option to using it as a ritual (which is nice for versatility).
Dark Wizard Posted - 10 Mar 2014 : 05:01:18
The 3E games have Incantations from Unearthed Arcana, thus also incorporated into the OGL/SRD: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/incantations.htm

Zombie Sky Press did an update/adaptation of them for Pathfinder and they've appeared with some regularity in Kobold Press/Midgard materials.
sleyvas Posted - 10 Mar 2014 : 02:32:20
Oh, and btw, I agree, rituals are one of the pieces of 4e that I feel was an improvement and should have been done in 3.5.
sleyvas Posted - 10 Mar 2014 : 02:31:09
Basically, in 4e, many of the things that people would previously have had to memorize and cast as a spell could be learned instead as a ritual. Thus, at any time, they could take some time and cast a ritual using components (candles, chalk, incense, etc...). For an example (and I'm pulling this out of my ass).... let's take the idea of a wizard lock "spell". Who the hell wants to memorize that? However, if they could have it as a ritual in a book and it takes say 10 minutes to cast... it makes sense. Similarly something like an alarm effect.... or a scrying effect to turn a pool of water into a spying device.... or maybe a ritual to comprehend languages, etc.... The problem becomes for wizards to find and learn all these rituals, plus carrying the necessary components, etc...
MisterX Posted - 09 Mar 2014 : 20:33:20
On that topic: Could you briefly explain the concept of "rituals"? Or provide me with some links, please? Thx in advance!
Diffan Posted - 06 Mar 2014 : 18:35:34
Haha, well the hardest ones will be the Dragon and Dungeon magazine unless you have a DDI account. It might be easier and cheaper to just get a 1-month subscription to DDI for what I think is approx $15.00. That way you have a whole month to download any and all references to the rituals and look at them as well. Or just make a character with every single Ritual there is and print|save the Ritual page.
The Arcanamach Posted - 06 Mar 2014 : 18:13:25
Thanks Diffan, looks like I'll be spending some money on ebay in the near future.
Diffan Posted - 06 Mar 2014 : 17:04:41
Wow, that's a bit of a tall order. I looked on the Compendium and searched all 4E Rituals. There are 360 of them. It might be easier to narrow down which ones are perhaps more important or a list of them in certain levels.

I can, however, give you a list of the sources they're filed in:

Adventurer's Vault (26)
Arcane Power (16)
Dark Sun Campaign Setting (5)
Demonomicon (1)
Divine Power (8)
Draconicomicon: Chromatic Dragons (8)
Dragon magazine (82)
Dungeon magazine (9)
Eberron Player's Guide (33)
Manual of the Planes (9)
Martial Power (1)
Martial Power 2 (22) NOTE: that these aren't Rituals in the magic sense, but actually a Martial Practice
Monster Manual (2)
Open Grave (6)
Player's Handbook 2 (23)
Primal Power (8)

There are a few others that have the Multiple Source tag and one or two here from adventures but those are the supplements with the largest amounts.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000