Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Reaver Sample Chapter Up!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Eilserus Posted - 11 Dec 2013 : 13:40:39
A sample chapter of The Reaver is up on Wizards.com! Looking forward to this read!
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Felix Posted - 31 Jan 2014 : 22:46:29
Anyone got a preview copy yet? I am interested in any Spoilers.

A little disappointed by the Sundering series so far. GODBORN was the only one that showed anything of earthshaking importance.
Gyor Posted - 19 Jan 2014 : 01:58:55
Cool excerpts I'm looking forward to the novel.
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 17 Jan 2014 : 15:47:13
Glad to do it. Oh, and here's a link to the blog with the excerpts. Forgot to add it before.

http://rleebyers.livejournal.com
Thauranil Posted - 17 Jan 2014 : 14:13:01
Its a pirate's life for me! Thanks for sharing those great excerpts Richard.
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 17 Jan 2014 : 13:36:12
If anyone is interested in more excerpts from THE REAVER, please visit my blog. There are two there currently, and I'll be posting a new one every Sunday between now and the release date of Feb. 4th.
Gyor Posted - 16 Jan 2014 : 18:10:12
They put it back up and labelled as new even though its the same chapter! I will admit that the none pdf part of the link does give abit of a back ground on Anton which is interesting. I look forward to the Novel. Something to look forward in the soul sucking month of Feb.
Lilianviaten Posted - 16 Dec 2013 : 21:47:18
That excerpt was incredible! I'm surprised that nobody is talking about the MAJOR LORE that was dropped!

SPOILER

#1) We have Szass Tam's agents attempting to assassinate all the Chosen.

#2) The Shadovar are on the verge of conquering Cormyr.

#3) Umberlee is making a strong play for control of the entire Sea of Fallen Stars region. I wonder how the Abolethic Sovereignty will respond to this.

Also, this book is packed with pirates, and looks like it will take place largely on the sea. In my view, the wonders of FR's waters get overlooked too often in the novels. And pirates make everything better.

I wasn't anticipating this book as much as the others, because the others were all continuations of series that I had been reading. But now I'm very excited about The Reaver!
Tarlyn Posted - 15 Dec 2013 : 13:01:44
I am looking forward to finding out more about that Red wizard. She caught my attention more than Anton and it appears that she will be a significant character as well.
Entromancer Posted - 15 Dec 2013 : 05:00:42
Perhaps Anton's enemy is simply the greater evil? I'd be quite happy with that sort of story.
Gyor Posted - 14 Dec 2013 : 14:41:10
Yeah, I agree this is probably a tale of redemption of Anton, with Stedd as the true hero. Normally I don't care for child heroes as they tend to end up effectively child soldiers, but Stedd seems more like a child messiah of the Morninglord. For fans of Lanthander more then his successor Stedd is a good sign as the blurbs I have read mention him as specifically being the Chosen of Lathander by name.

Really looking forward to this novel.

I also find it interesting the so far we have two very different Chosen of Umberlee, the sweet innocent Genasi child Vandri, and the Evil Undead Pirate. Interesting constast.

Thauranil Posted - 13 Dec 2013 : 11:08:04
quote:
Originally posted by Gyor

Spoilers

I'd surprised that the hero, Anton is so well evil, not rogueish, but an outright monster. I hope we get to see a side to him that is more likable. I mean even the red wizarid is more likable.

And anyone else hearing Erin Evan's doing Stedd's voice when he speaks :D

He will probably have a change of heart of something pretty soon after all even his own crew didn't like him much.
charger_ss24 Posted - 12 Dec 2013 : 17:47:59
quote:

I'd surprised that the hero, Anton is so well evil, not rogueish, but an outright monster. I hope we get to see a side to him that is more likable. I mean even the red wizarid is more likable.

It's only a chapter. Maybe he'll have a change of heart throughout the book?

That being said, why do every book need to be about the hero? Let's read a book from the eye's of an evil, monster like Anton. I'll find this a rather refreshing change of pace.
Euranna Posted - 12 Dec 2013 : 17:01:15
quote:

Spoilers

LOL..exactly how I heard it in my head, and I started laughing at my desk at work. My coworkers must think I am losing it.
Gyor Posted - 12 Dec 2013 : 16:05:28
Spoilers

Thauranil Posted - 12 Dec 2013 : 13:42:34
Thanks for sharing guys!
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 11 Dec 2013 : 18:06:55
Here's the link to get that chapter:

https://www.wizards.com/dnd/Product.aspx?x=dnd/products/frnovel/reaver
Dennis Posted - 11 Dec 2013 : 14:12:00

Thanks for the info, Eilserus!

Link here.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000