Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 so since wotc dropped their forums

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sfdragon Posted - 18 Sep 2013 : 05:35:04
fora community site

will candelkeep 2.0 get a community site or forums??

and when is candlekeep 2.0 coming???
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Drustan Dwnhaedan Posted - 22 Sep 2013 : 02:11:04
Thank you, Sage, that cleared things up for me!
The Sage Posted - 21 Sep 2013 : 07:50:39
quote:
Originally posted by Drustan Dwnhaedan

Uh... 'Sagetime'???
SageTime is a derivative temporal measurement of Sage Reckoning. As originally defined by scribe D-brane in Ed's '09 scroll:-
quote:
Originally posted by D-brane

Sage Reckoning: An archaic dating system used by the monks and scribes of Candlekeep to record the amount of time that has passed since the Sage of Perth's last completed project for the great library.

quote:
And I don't even know how to respond to silverwolfer's post. Honestly, I'm more confused now then I was earlier. (And that's not an easy feat, believe me.)

silverwolfer is referring to the long speculative and projected release of an updated forum architecture called Candlekeep 2. It will offer an enhanced and more user-friendly system of interaction for scribes to better convene on all matters of Realms import here at Candlekeep.
sfdragon Posted - 21 Sep 2013 : 07:47:45
then fill up a mug of gut buster
Drustan Dwnhaedan Posted - 21 Sep 2013 : 07:12:17
Uh... 'Sagetime'??? And I don't even know how to respond to silverwolfer's post. Honestly, I'm more confused now then I was earlier. (And that's not an easy feat, believe me.)
Markustay Posted - 20 Sep 2013 : 13:29:01
Its even generated its own phenomena - Sagetime - which exists 'outside the normal universe'.
silverwolfer Posted - 20 Sep 2013 : 08:46:51
Well you are sorta new here, CK2.0 is something that has been "worked on " for a few years now, and never really shows up lol , think how long gmail has been in beta,then add the stone age, but subtract the War of the Roses, and you get about the right age of how long it will be until you see CK 2.0.
Drustan Dwnhaedan Posted - 20 Sep 2013 : 08:03:13
I must agree with Markustay, I really like the 'ancient feel' of Candlekeep. Don't quite know what to make of the 'CK2.0 is like Bigfoot or Nessie' statement, though. It looks a little like some of the nonsense I post. (Does this mean nonsensicality is contagious?)
Markustay Posted - 19 Sep 2013 : 13:08:32
Haven't been back there yet. WotC changes things too much... it gives me a headache. On the other hand, Paizo's 'plain vanilla' presentation is a bit cold and sterile - I find I can't really stay there long (a board without smiles is a board for Vulcans!!!)

I find CK comfortable with its 'ancient feel' (we can always tell people its 'retro', but that would be lying. )

CK2.0 is like Bigfoot or Nessie - Oh, it exists... but if we ever actually caught one it wouldn't be as much fun anymore.

Hmmmm... not sure where the heck I was going with that {scratches head}.
Firestorm Posted - 19 Sep 2013 : 10:54:22
Traditional style forums are better
silverwolfer Posted - 19 Sep 2013 : 05:08:27
MEh the new board styles I am seeing, are ugly tricolor focuses, that are bright and distracting to the eye. I like the darker earth tones you see on here and GITP.

ksu_bond Posted - 19 Sep 2013 : 04:45:18
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

quote:
Originally posted by ksu_bond

I think he's commenting on the type or manner in which they now operate...but I could be wrong...

nah you're right

W00T! W00T!

I'm not a fan of the new community site format over at WotC, and much prefer the more traditional forums...though a update or two would be nice
sfdragon Posted - 19 Sep 2013 : 04:25:19
quote:
Originally posted by ksu_bond

I think he's commenting on the type or manner in which they now operate...but I could be wrong...

nah you're right
ksu_bond Posted - 19 Sep 2013 : 03:42:43
The Sage Posted - 19 Sep 2013 : 03:36:46
Yeah, I'm a little confused by this. I was just on the boards earlier this very morn.

Are you sure you have the right link, sfdragon?
Matt James Posted - 18 Sep 2013 : 22:24:00
??? Forums are still there.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 18 Sep 2013 : 21:30:50
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

no they dropped their old forums for a community site style.

( not to mention they ip perma-banned a few members for no reason...., I'm not one of them)

I was banned long ago, but they didn't do it by IP.
Kentinal Posted - 18 Sep 2013 : 21:20:48
Well IP banning could be because of one user despite the number of users that uses the IP.
sfdragon Posted - 18 Sep 2013 : 20:04:39
no they dropped their old forums for a community site style.

( not to mention they ip perma-banned a few members for no reason...., I'm not one of them)
silverwolfer Posted - 18 Sep 2013 : 07:12:39
Allot of the old links, and handbooks for 3.5 forums lead to the main site, so I think drop he means that the archived or old things were demolished.
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 18 Sep 2013 : 07:09:33
I just checked and the WotC forums are still around. Maybe you misheard the news or confused it with the announcement that Dragon and Dungeon are going dark in January 2014?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000