Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Temple of Elemental Evil 1st Edition for free

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
crazedventurers Posted - 19 Sep 2013 : 17:21:37
For those who would like a free pdf got grab it quick!

http://www.dndclassics.com/product/17068/T1-4-Temple-of-Elemental-Evil

Cheers

Damian
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alruane Posted - 07 Dec 2013 : 18:01:09
Thanks for the heads up!
froglegg Posted - 11 Nov 2013 : 22:38:16
It was so cool getting this for FREE!

John
SirUrza Posted - 25 Sep 2013 : 01:23:19
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

Wow... such low quality.

Are all official purchasable PDFs of older edition books like this?

Well it is 1st Edition it clearly could have been converted to PDF with one of the first converters, also source material might not have been high quality.

Even if the original source wasn't in good condition, it doesn't take a photoshop expert to create a clean version of an older edition's blank page and then overlay some OCR text on top of it. They didn't even try it looks.
Kentinal Posted - 25 Sep 2013 : 01:05:16
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

Wow... such low quality.

Well it is 1st Edition it clearly could have been converted to PDF with one of the first converters, also source material might not have been high quality.
SirUrza Posted - 25 Sep 2013 : 00:56:30
Wow... such low quality.

Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 20 Sep 2013 : 07:06:48
Thanks for the heads up Damian.
Dalor Darden Posted - 20 Sep 2013 : 06:34:51
quote:
Originally posted by crazedventurers

For those who would like a free pdf got grab it quick!

http://www.dndclassics.com/product/17068/T1-4-Temple-of-Elemental-Evil

Cheers

Damian

Thanks for the heads up!
idilippy Posted - 19 Sep 2013 : 23:24:17
I'm sorry I guess I am dense because I don't understand. This is a product which is offered for no cost to anyone who enters any name and any email in order to register for the site. Isn't that basically the way the candlekeep compendium works, or all the free stuff awesome publishers like Paizo offer through their web store, or pretty much everything offered for free download over the internet? If your contention is that any such download is not free because you have to take basic precautions to protect yourself when using the internet then I respect, though disagree with, your opinion. Everyone has a bar for what is too much trouble to go through and yours need not and will not be the same as mine. I still think that something offered to a consumer with no expectation of any monetary compensation in return qualifies as a legitimate use of the word free, but if you disagree it's cool I don't care enough about semantics to stubbornly stick to it. Rather than calling it a free pdf, I'll just say thanks to the OP for pointing out that dndclassics has the pdf of Temple of Elemental Evil available to be downloaded and that I'm happy the company expects no monetary compensation for the pdf.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Sep 2013 : 22:34:18
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by idilippy

It's not on WotC's site, but it is on dndclassics.com which is their chosen venue for selling and distributing pdfs and a part of drivethrurpg. And it costs no money and only requires that you have registered for the site (requiring only a name and an email address), pretty much the definition of free to me unless I'm missing something?

Indeed. And since free, anonymous webmails accounts are readily available, then there is no need to even give personal info.

It takes much to make sure personal identity of computer, routing, etc. can not be traced down, more so when vender places cookies on box you are using. As such such a down load is not free at all. The price is low and does not matter to most, it does matter to me.

So use an anonymizer, and clear the cookies afterward. Or use a public computer and save the file to a thumb drive. Or do it from a laptop on a free wi-fi network, using a browser that blocks cookies.
Kentinal Posted - 19 Sep 2013 : 21:58:03
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

It's not on WotC's site, but it is on dndclassics.com which is their chosen venue for selling and distributing pdfs and a part of drivethrurpg. And it costs no money and only requires that you have registered for the site (requiring only a name and an email address), pretty much the definition of free to me unless I'm missing something?

Indeed. And since free, anonymous webmails accounts are readily available, then there is no need to even give personal info.

It takes much to make sure personal identity of computer, routing, etc. can not be traced down, more so when vender places cookies on box you are using. As such such a down load is not free at all. The price is low and does not matter to most, it does matter to me.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Sep 2013 : 21:47:30
quote:

Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 19 Sep 2013 : 19:17:45
The DNDClassics.com site is a overlay of DriveThruRPG.com, showing only the WotC products. They are both the same, and the library will carry over (so "purchase" it now and you can download it later).
Markustay Posted - 19 Sep 2013 : 18:43:20
LOL... whats that thing in Miscellany's sig?

Its FREE, and free is always good. Turns out I was already signed up (I don't recall doing so - must have been for other 'freebies' at DrivethruRPG (because I only order pay-for stuff from Paizo, hence my not buying anymore old edition D&D stuff - still a bit miffed that stuff I paid for is no longer available for me to download).

One of my favorite adventures, BTW - I've run it in every edition for different groups, except for 4e.
idilippy Posted - 19 Sep 2013 : 18:22:54
Kentinal Posted - 19 Sep 2013 : 18:10:00
It is not free, it requires price of personal identity. Also not a WotC site.
idilippy Posted - 19 Sep 2013 : 18:07:43
Grabbed, thanks for the heads up!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Sep 2013 : 17:45:19
Good call. I'm a huge fan of that which is free!
Thieran Posted - 19 Sep 2013 : 17:39:43
Thanks for the pointer!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000