Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 New (old) campaign setting - The Lost Lands by FGG

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
coach Posted - 21 Aug 2013 : 02:06:25
i may be losing my mind because for the life of me I can't remember, but i could've sworn that I saw/read an ad a few months ago that was previewing an upcoming release of a campaign setting that was going to place several old adventures/modules by the same company and meld them into a campaign setting

i remember thinking "Cool, I own some of those so I'll check that out when it gets closer to release or goes to kickstarter"

of course the computer that I saved the website on fried its harddrive and poof go the bookmarks

does anyone have an idea of say a Necromancer Games or Frog God Games or Green Ronin Games or Mongoose or Troll Lord or ANY of the older companies that was planning on doing this?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Markustay Posted - 24 Aug 2013 : 14:15:24
I've already added the Razor Coast to my Misbegotten Realms map... poor Thindol got moved... AGAIN.

No love for Thindol.
Dark Wizard Posted - 24 Aug 2013 : 04:27:44
No, not yet. From the product page (http://www.talesofthefroggod.com/stoneheart-valley.html) it seems like a compilation and expansion of a trio of 3E era modules ("The Wizard's Amulet", "The Crucible of Freya", and "The Tomb of Abysthor").

I believe I have two of the three, could be interesting to compare them.

An update on the main Frog God Games website has this to say regarding the Lost Lands:

quote:
From http://www.talesofthefroggod.com/

The Lost Lands
We have been getting a lot of questions about The Lost Lands. We are equally very excited about the campaign world as well. So to help answer some questions we are sharing this small part of the intro written by Greg Vaughan from Stoneheart Valley.

The Lost Lands will directly incorporate every book released by Necromancer Games and Frog God Games…yes, all of them…with a couple exceptions as outlined here:

We can’t include the Judges Guild books; Judges Guild owns that Intellectual Property, and the Wilderlands of High Fantasy setting is complete in its own right. If you want to plop it down in your Frog God Games campaign world, that’s fine, but we won’t be writing it directly into the setting.

Though Bill and Clark were involved in the some of the early Sword & Sorcery Studios titles—particularly the Creature Collections—that material will not be incorporated into the setting either. The Scarred Lands is its own entity and property and will not be incorporated for the same reason given above.

Robert J. Kuntz’s Maze of Zayene series will not be included. That’s part of Robert’s game world that he let Necromancer Games play around in, but it will not appear within The Lost Lands.

Morten Braten’s Ancient Kingdoms: Mesopotamia is geographic Earth, so it will not be directly included, but all of Morten’s stuff is fantastic, and we will certainly be indirectly incorporating it as much as possible.

Gary Gygax’s Necropolis is set in the Earth analog of Khemit. We will be incorporating it as part of the world so you can run that adventure seamlessly.

John Stater’s Hex Crawl Chronicles are set in their own self-encompassed world that John is fleshing out himself, so those adventures from Frog God Games will not be directly incorporated into The Lost Lands either (though look for some future indirect connections with his own opus campaign, the Land of Nod).

What does that leave? Well…everything else published by the Frog God or the Necromancer. It will all be included and, though there may be a necessary tweak here and there to make it all fit, it will be faithful to its original intent…Barakus, the Gray Citadel, Darkmoon? It’s all there, and it will also include newcomers like the Razor Coast, the Northland Saga, and Richard Pett’s forthcoming The Blight city setting. It’ll all be in there.

So what should you expect from the Lost Lands? Well, like I said, it’s big…really big. The Stoneheart Valley encompasses the area of the central Tradeway including Fairhill to the west and the foothills all the way to Bard’s Gate to the east. It’s really more of a gap or basin in the range between the main body of the mountains and their southern terminus than a true valley. As a result, only the northern portion of the Stoneheart Valley is seen on the maps in the adventures included herein or on The Lone Goldfish map.

Bill Webb revealed more in a Facebook update about their upcoming kickstarter for the Sword of Air adventure, another component of the Lost Lands. The update has been enclosed in this blog post (for those who don't use Facebook, actually I couldn't find the announcement either, I was too lazy to sign on): http://gamersandgrognards.blogspot.com/2013/08/frog-god-games-lost-lands-announcement.html
coach Posted - 23 Aug 2013 : 22:25:54
bump

anyone have this?
coach Posted - 21 Aug 2013 : 20:47:34
does anyone have The Lost Lands: Stoneheart Valley in hand?

i think they released it at gencon
coach Posted - 21 Aug 2013 : 19:54:21
THAT'S IT!!!!

thank you so much

i don't know what makes me happier? ... that i now know what it was or the thankfulness that I'm not losing my mind (yet)
Dark Wizard Posted - 21 Aug 2013 : 18:37:56
Would it be The Lost Lands by Frog God Games integrating Razor Coast, Slumbering Tsar, Rappan Athuk, and a bunch of 3E era Necromancer games modules?

http://tsathogga.blogspot.com/2013/01/update-and-inside-look.html

http://www.tenkarstavern.com/2013/05/frog-god-games-to-publish-lost-lands.html

Goodman games already has an in-house setting, Aereth detailed in Gazetteer of the Known Realms (http://www.goodman-games.com/5034preview.html). Don't know if it incorporates all their modules, but it's a feasible assumption some of them are accounted for.
SirUrza Posted - 21 Aug 2013 : 03:03:18
If I had to take a crazy guess, I'd say Goodman Games because they published so many great d20/3.5 adventures... but I have no idea if this were the case.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000