Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Drow War in Forgotten Realms - Book Two

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DoveArrow Posted - 06 Aug 2013 : 06:02:59
About a year ago, I posted a conversion of The Drow War: Book 1 - The Gathering Storm, by Mongoose Publishing, for Forgotten Realms (see http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16911). Now that portion of the adventure is coming to a close. Having enjoyed the campaign immensely so far, I have decided to convert the second adventure in the series The Drow War: Book 2 - The Dying of the Light.

Note: This module takes the Player Characters back and forth across the known world, making it difficult to order my conversion notes chronologically as I did with the first module. Instead, the notes are separated out by countries. There are further conversion notes in the Council of Evermeet document (see below).

Chillhame
  • Replace Chillhame with The Savage Frontier.

• Replace Saragost with Loudwater.

• The Chthonic Alliance has abandoned Loudwater and fled back below ground. There are celebrations in the streets and the Player Characters are honored with heroic and wildly exaggerated songs in taverns. Eyewitness reports describe the drow and duergar forces fleeing as if in fear, though the human opposition was no stronger than before. Most of the citizens are so happy that they do not question the invader’s motives, though some are saying that it means something worse is yet to come.

• Jehannun
  • Replace Jehannun with the Western Heartlands.

• Replace Crom Calamar with Baldur's Gate.

• Replace the Iron Dukes with the Grand Dukes.

• Replace the Inn of the Greeen Embers with The Friendly Arm.

• Ships docking in Daggerford and Baldur’s Gate have reported encountering floating debris on the ocean, the remains of other ships smashed to pieces. Wreckage has begun to wash up on the shores of the Western Heartlands. Strangely, there have been fewer reports of pirate activity than before. Perhaps some new threat is targeting pirates and merchant shipping alike.

• The five cities that the drow attack are Baldur’s Gate, Daggerford, Hluthuar, Iraiaebor, and Nashkel; effectively cutting off the Western Heartlands from the rest of Faerun.

• Omorogg stations himself in Baldur’s Gate’s Bay.

• The Mencarth Mines are an abandoned dwarven mine in the Sunset Hills near the drow city of Sshamath.

• Lost Athul
  • The Lost Athul is a city from the Primordial Ages of Toril, before the Days of Thunder.

• The chihulli and termador guarding the city were created long ago, perhaps by Annam’s titans during their war with the Batrachi.

• Shard, The
  • Replace the Shard with Ruathym.

• Sharn, Desert Of
  • Replace the Desert of Sharn with the Raurin Desert.

• The Tyrant of Brass is a weapon of war created by the Mulhorrandi gods during their war with the Imaskari. The Tyrant is just one of many monstrosities that devastated much of the Imaskari Nation and contributed to the creation of the Raurin Desert.

• Svarth
  • Replace Svarth with the Silver Marches.

• Replace the dwarves of Svarth with the dwarves of Mithral Hall.

• Replace Dolorous Peak with the Nether Mountains.

• Replace the Dragon Haunted Hills with the Serpent Hills of the Western Heartlands.

• The people of the Silver Marches have seen smoke rising from the Nether Mountains, as if forges were being worked there.

• Topaz Dominions, The
  • Replace the Topaz Dominions with Mulhorrand.

• Replace the Sun King with Horustep III.

• Hourstep’s country of Mulhorrand is allied with Val. Val has agreed to provide ships to transport Mulhorrandi soldiers to the Sword Coast, but first, the soldiers must cross the Raurin Desert. Before the pharaoh’s soldiers can do this, the Player Characters must stop the Tyrant of Brass, a titanic construct that has been destroying oases along the trade route between their countries.

• Visk
  • Replace Visk with the Sythillisian Empire.

• Waste, The
  • Replace the Waste with Icewind Dale.

• Replace Ommersdale with Easthaven.

• Replace Scarsby with Bryn Shander.

• Replace the Cold Waste with the Reghed Glacier.

• Xoth Sarandi
  • Replace Xoth Sarandi with Evermeet.

• Replace the High Council with the Council of Evermeet.

• The journey to Evermeet starts in Candlekeep where Nimian Archimandruss’s ship is moored. From there, the Player Characters travel to Caer Corwell before venturing across the Trackless Sea. Before reaching Evermeet’s shores, they must pass through its Web of Illusions, its Storms Barrier, and finally through its ocean of treacherous sea beasts. All of these are detailed in Elves of Evermeet

• See notes on the Council of Evermeet (http://dovearrow.wikispaces.com/file/view/Council+of+Evermeet.pdf/443567526/Council%20of%20Evermeet.pdf)

• Notable NPCs
  • The Clockwork Knight was constructed by the gnomes of Lantan.

• Omorogg is an agent of Slarkrethel and the Kraken Society. Slarkrethel sends Omorogg to Baldur’s Gate in exchange for the drow’s help in recovering the Soul Eggs from the Lost Athul.

• The Sea Harriers are a group of pirates hailing originally from Norland. They prey upon ships all along the Sword Coast.

• Miscellaneous
  • Rewrite Entry Five on p. 61 as follows.

• I am filled with joy, as if the sun had all of a sudden vanished behind a mighty thundercloud.

The tome I found on the Netherese Empire speaks of three mythallars, large polished crystals as tall as a man, that have the power to lift entire masses of land into the air. The Mythallar of Lhaoda was one such; Bruin the Abjurer transported it to the elven kingdom of Eaerlann, where the Savage Frontiers lie now. What became of it then is not known. Another was the Mythallar of Tilendrothael , which the medusa sorceress Heurodis used to gain incredible power, only to be destroyed along with the mythallar by one of Drogan Droganson's students. The third, the Mythallar of Xinlenal, is now in our secure hold. How this has come about, I shall not say.

Taking a small ship and crew with me (for it would not do to endanger the flagship), I have spoken to one of the former masters of Lost Athul. In future, let no man speak to me of ‘terror’ who has not gone out alone in a rowing boat and spoken with a creature whose eyes was four times his own height. The beast has consented to my proposal. Whe shall use the Mythallar of Xinlenal to raise Lost Athul from the sea bed so that the Harriers can retrieve what the kraken wants.

Ever since it sank, Lost Athul has been guarded by weird sea-beasts, set there by the same titan, Annam, who caused the city to drown. Slarkrethel confirmed that no kraken has ever eluded these beasts, nor have the Kraken Society’s lesser agents prevailed. But how shall the sea beasts stand in our way when the city itself is no longer submerged? It is a brilliant plan. My brain is the same rare crystal of intellect that it always was.

So three steps there are: The Harriers fetch the krakens’ stone eggs from Lost Athul; my kinsmen reward the Sea Harriers with gems from the Underdark; Slarkrethel sends his servant Omorogg to blockade Baldur’s Gate in exchange for its stone eggs.

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
    DoveArrow Posted - 10 Jun 2023 : 05:21:52
    quote:
    Originally posted by cornark

Thanks for your greate conversions of book 1 and 2.
    did you make a conversion of book 3? I would be very pleased if you could share them with us.
    And the link to the council of Evermeet is broken. Do you still have this file?

I was just dinking around and noticed this post from way back. Here's what I had put together for the council. I never ran Book 3, so I didn't convert it.

Country | Delegate | Position

Amn | Rhinnom Dannihyr | Neutral
    Calimshan | Vizier Ambauree | For the drow
    Cormyr | Caladnei | Neutral
    Lantan | Lantar Bloenin | Neutral
    Mulhorrand | Ata Huara | Against the drow
    Sembia | Miklos Selkirk | Neutral
    Silver Marches | Tammas Brandobast | Against the drow
    Sythillisian Empire | Warwolf Ral Hakk | For the drow
    Tethyr | Vander Stillhawk | Neutral
    The Savage Frontier | Lady Arigane Zakawe | Against the drow
    Waterdeep | Nain Keenwhistler | Against the drow

The Representatives
    Amn
    Delegate: The representative of Amn is an anonymous figure, draped in black, who goes simply by his title, Iltarch of the Council of Six. Typical of his people, the Iltarch interprets everything in terms of profit and loss. As Iltarch, it is his responsibility to collect intelligence on the other representatives attending the council and report back to the rest of the council.

Calimshan
    Delegate: Vizier Ambauree represents the Sultan Ralan el Pesarkhal of Calimshan. He is a shrewd, emotionless man who seems to care only about wealth and power. Aumbaree dresses in rich silks and exotic jewelry from Maztica.

Cormyr
    Delegate: Caladnei is dressed in the garb of a sorcerer, save for the longsword that hangs by her side. She is stonefaced, feisty, and opinionated.

Lantan
    Delegate: Dressed in saffron robes with brass gears used as ornamentation, Lantar Bloenin is clearly a man of means. He is the best speechmaker in the Halls and is frequently able to reconcile opposing views by the power of his words. His clerical training is undoubtedly responsible for this.

Loudwater
    Delegate: Despite Waterdeep having already sent a representative from the North, due to recent events, the city of Loudwater has also sent a representative. This delegate is none other than Lady Arigane Zakawe.
    #8195;

Mulhorrand
    Delegate: The delegate for this country is Ata Huara, an immensely fat gentleman with an aquiline nose. He wears robes of brilliant rainbow-colored silk and an amber necklace of authority. He likes to embroider his speeches with rhetoric, even when he is saying something simple.

Sembia
    Delegate: Miklos Selkirk is a skilled negotiator and diplomat, who is best known in his homeland as the creator of the Silver Ravens, a band of skilled and loyal Sembians dedicated to improving Sembia’s image abroad. Miklos is shrewd, patient, and familiar with intrigue and bizarre circumstances. Having spent time in the Underdark, he understands the drow and their methods of negotiation, which is why the Sembian Council has asked him to attend these proceedings.

Silver Marches
    Delegate: Tammas Bradobast is still a dwarf, just about. He has a steel plate covering half of his head, one eye, one arm, and no legs. Metal replacements clank in place of his missing limbs.

Sythillisian Empire
    Delegates: The Sythillisian Empire representative is Warwolf Ral Hakk, a huge bewhiskered ogre barbarian who insists on bringing a jar of metheglin (a traditional mead with herbs and spices) with him into council meetings. He sneers at the other delegates, puts his feet on the table and acts with contempt for the whole idea of the halls.

Tethyr
    Delegate: Vander Stillhawk does not speak, as he lost his tongue to orcish raiders when he was a boy, but rather communicates through an interpreter using elven hand signals.

Waterdeep
    Delegate: Nain Keenwhistler is an ex-member of the Company of Crazed Venturers and in their service died many times, each time being resurrected again. Notably, he fought Iyachtu Xvim, son of the deity Bane. After retiring from the company, he used the wealth he had accumulated to construct Naingate, a tower in the Sea Ward, where he resides. Nain is now a trader and diplomat advising the Lords of Waterdeep on various issues.

Western Heartlands (Drow Representative from Baldur’s Gate)
    Brexel is bald, with sagging jowls and twinkling eyes. He dresses in soft black leather that strangely has no shine to it at all and looks like black velvet from a distance. He seems perpetually amused by what happens around him and never seems to take matters entirely seriously, even when he discusses the deaths of thousands of people.
    cornark Posted - 14 Mar 2019 : 07:40:08
    thats sad. And i can´t mail him because of my few post :(
    Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Mar 2019 : 09:04:25
    quote:
    Originally posted by cornark

did you make a conversion of book 3? I would be very pleased if you could share them with us.

You may not get an answer... DoveArrow hasn't posted here since 26 Jul 2017.
    cornark Posted - 13 Mar 2019 : 07:29:06
    Zireael Posted - 01 Jun 2014 : 19:13:34
    This is sweet!
    KacyCrawford Posted - 15 Aug 2013 : 06:46:02
    quote:
    Originally posted by DoveArrow

About a year ago, I posted a conversion of The Drow War: Book 1 - The Gathering Storm, by Mongoose Publishing, for Forgotten Realms (see http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16911). Now that portion of the adventure is coming to a close. Having enjoyed the campaign immensely so far, I have decided to convert the second adventure in the series The Drow War: Book 2 - The Dying of the Light.

Note: This module takes the Player Characters back and forth across the known world, making it difficult to order my conversion notes chronologically as I did with the first module. Instead, the notes are separated out by countries. There are further conversion notes in the Council of Evermeet document (see below).

Chillhame
  • Replace Chillhame with The Savage Frontier.

• Replace Saragost with Loudwater.

• The Chthonic Alliance has abandoned Loudwater and fled back below ground. There are celebrations in the streets and the Player Characters are honored with heroic and wildly exaggerated songs in taverns. Eyewitness reports describe the drow and duergar forces fleeing as if in fear, though the human opposition was no stronger than before. Most of the citizens are so happy that they do not question the invader’s motives, though some are saying that it means something worse is yet to come.

• Jehannun
  • Replace Jehannun with the Western Heartlands.

• Replace Crom Calamar with Baldur's Gate.

• Replace the Iron Dukes with the Grand Dukes.

• Replace the Inn of the Greeen Embers with The Friendly Arm.

• Ships docking in Daggerford and Baldur’s Gate have reported encountering floating debris on the ocean, the remains of other ships smashed to pieces. Wreckage has begun to wash up on the shores of the Western Heartlands. Strangely, there have been fewer reports of pirate activity than before. Perhaps some new threat is targeting pirates and merchant shipping alike.

• The five cities that the drow attack are Baldur’s Gate, Daggerford, Hluthuar, Iraiaebor, and Nashkel; effectively cutting off the Western Heartlands from the rest of Faerun.

• Omorogg stations himself in Baldur’s Gate’s Bay.

• The Mencarth Mines are an abandoned dwarven mine in the Sunset Hills near the drow city of Sshamath.

• Lost Athul
  • The Lost Athul is a city from the Primordial Ages of Toril, before the Days of Thunder.

• The chihulli and termador guarding the city were created long ago, perhaps by Annam’s titans during their war with the Batrachi.

• Shard, The
  • Replace the Shard with Ruathym.

• Sharn, Desert Of
  • Replace the Desert of Sharn with the Raurin Desert.

• The Tyrant of Brass is a weapon of war created by the Mulhorrandi gods during their war with the Imaskari. The Tyrant is just one of many monstrosities that devastated much of the Imaskari Nation and contributed to the creation of the Raurin Desert.

• Svarth
  • Replace Svarth with the Silver Marches.

• Replace the dwarves of Svarth with the dwarves of Mithral Hall.

• Replace Dolorous Peak with the Nether Mountains.

• Replace the Dragon Haunted Hills with the Serpent Hills of the Western Heartlands.

• The people of the Silver Marches have seen smoke rising from the Nether Mountains, as if forges were being worked there.

• Topaz Dominions, The
  • Replace the Topaz Dominions with Mulhorrand.

• Replace the Sun King with Horustep III.

• Hourstep’s country of Mulhorrand is allied with Val. Val has agreed to provide ships to transport Mulhorrandi soldiers to the Sword Coast, but first, the soldiers must cross the Raurin Desert. Before the pharaoh’s soldiers can do this, the Player Characters must stop the Tyrant of Brass, a titanic construct that has been destroying oases along the trade route between their countries.

• Visk
  • Replace Visk with the Sythillisian Empire.

• Waste, The
  • Replace the Waste with Icewind Dale.

• Replace Ommersdale with Easthaven.

• Replace Scarsby with Bryn Shander.

• Replace the Cold Waste with the Reghed Glacier.

• Xoth Sarandi
  • Replace Xoth Sarandi with Evermeet.

• Replace the High Council with the Council of Evermeet.

• The journey to Evermeet starts in Candlekeep where Nimian Archimandruss’s ship is moored. From there, the Player Characters travel to Caer Corwell before venturing across the Trackless Sea. Before reaching Evermeet’s shores, they must pass through its Web of Illusions, its Storms Barrier, and finally through its ocean of treacherous sea beasts. All of these are detailed in Elves of Evermeet

• See notes on the Council of Evermeet (http://dovearrow.wikispaces.com/file/view/Council+of+Evermeet.pdf/443567526/Council%20of%20Evermeet.pdf)

• Notable NPCs
  • The Clockwork Knight was constructed by the gnomes of Lantan.

• Omorogg is an agent of Slarkrethel and the Kraken Society. Slarkrethel sends Omorogg to Baldur’s Gate in exchange for the drow’s help in recovering the Soul Eggs from the Lost Athul.

• The Sea Harriers are a group of pirates hailing originally from Norland. They prey upon ships all along the Sword Coast.

• Miscellaneous
  • Rewrite Entry Five on p. 61 as follows.

• I am filled with joy, as if the sun had all of a sudden vanished behind a mighty thundercloud.

The tome I found on the Netherese Empire speaks of three mythallars, large polished crystals as tall as a man, that have the power to lift entire masses of land into the air. The Mythallar of Lhaoda was one such; Bruin the Abjurer transported it to the elven kingdom of Eaerlann, where the Savage Frontiers lie now. What became of it then is not known. Another was the Mythallar of Tilendrothael , which the medusa sorceress Heurodis used to gain incredible power, only to be destroyed along with the mythallar by one of Drogan Droganson's students. The third, the Mythallar of Xinlenal, is now in our secure hold. How this has come about, I shall not say.

Taking a small ship and crew with me (for it would not do to endanger the flagship), I have spoken to one of the former masters of Lost Athul. In future, let no man speak to me of ‘terror’ who has not gone out alone in a rowing boat and spoken with a creature whose eyes was four times his own height. The beast has consented to my proposal. Whe shall use the Mythallar of Xinlenal to raise Lost Athul from the sea bed so that the Harriers can retrieve what the kraken wants.

Ever since it sank, Lost Athul has been guarded by weird sea-beasts, set there by the same titan, Annam, who caused the city to drown. Slarkrethel confirmed that no kraken has ever eluded these beasts, nor have the Kraken Society’s lesser agents prevailed. But how shall the sea beasts stand in our way when the city itself is no longer submerged? It is a brilliant plan. My brain is the same rare crystal of intellect that it always was.

So three steps there are: The Harriers fetch the krakens’ stone eggs from Lost Athul; my kinsmen reward the Sea Harriers with gems from the Underdark; Slarkrethel sends his servant Omorogg to blockade Baldur’s Gate in exchange for its stone eggs.

Great, I will see if my group would like to have this.
    Thauranil Posted - 12 Aug 2013 : 13:13:37
    Well we are all addicts here then.
    DoveArrow Posted - 07 Aug 2013 : 05:35:00
    The problem is, even though I'm done, I still want to keep researching. I see why these boards exist now. REALMSLORE IS LIKE CRACK, MAN! IT'S LIKE CRACK!
    ksu_bond Posted - 06 Aug 2013 : 20:58:13
    Fantastic work!!! I'll have to see if my group would like to give it a go :)
    DoveArrow Posted - 06 Aug 2013 : 06:04:58
    By the way, anyone interested in seeing more of my conversion notes, as well as the progress of my current campaign, can follow my wiki at http://dovearrow.wikispaces.com/Starborn+Campaign

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
    Snitz Forums 2000