Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Sundering Art

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jornan Posted - 09 Jul 2013 : 22:36:36
http://www.rasalvatore.com/article.aspx?siteNews=241

Any guesses or insights as to who is who from left to right?
Vasen, Faridah, ??,??, Drizzt, ???, Elminster, ???, Mailk?, RLB Protagonist, Troy Dennings Paladin.

Can anyone fill in the blanks?
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
moonbeast Posted - 08 May 2019 : 18:19:41
quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

The guy in the middle looks like a lawyer.

Rules Lawyer is an epic-level class. Don't mess with them.

doe Posted - 18 Apr 2019 : 16:59:08
1.vasen cale
2.farideh
3.hengar aesnvaard?
4.adrian abdel
5.drizzt do'urden
6.isteval
7.elminster aumar
8.coran
9.catti-brie
10.anton marivaldi
11.keef kenric

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hnZL5gu1l5U/UgJ6gp2XnZI/AAAAAAAAA98/2mhUBIGuOtk/s1600/Full-Sundering-Image---Tyler-Jacobson.jpg
lordsknight185 Posted - 12 Jul 2013 : 14:37:43
quote:
Originally posted by jornan

Vasen, Faridah, Guy1, Guy2, Drizzt, Isteval , Elminster, Guy3, Girl1, RLB Protagonist, Troy Dennings Paladin.

I have not seen Guy1 anywhere

Guy2 and Guy3 are on the cover of "Murder in Baldur's Gate"

Girl1 in the purple robes is unknown but on the group poster from gencon last year.
lordsknight185 Posted - 12 Jul 2013 : 14:20:57
quote:
Originally posted by BEAST

quote:
Originally posted by lordsknight185

quote:

I hope slim shady on the far left never has a brain lapse and tries to rub his chin on his shoulder. Check out dem spikes--ouch!

Those spikes are actually part of his shield, you can see it better on the Godborn cover.

Ah. Sorta reminds me of <this guy>.

I wasn't even thinking of Wreck-Gar, until now when I cannot stop thinking of him.

(P.S. Bah weep granah weep ninni bong)
Emma Drake Posted - 11 Jul 2013 : 17:30:58
quote:
Originally posted by jornan

Vasen, Faridah, ??,??, Drizzt, ???, Elminster, ???, Mailk?, RLB Protagonist, Troy Dennings Paladin.

Malik is not in the picture.
BEAST Posted - 11 Jul 2013 : 16:51:58
quote:

quote:

I hope slim shady on the far left never has a brain lapse and tries to rub his chin on his shoulder. Check out dem spikes--ouch!

Those spikes are actually part of his shield, you can see it better on the Godborn cover.

Ah. Sorta reminds me of <this guy>.
Thauranil Posted - 11 Jul 2013 : 15:14:49
Cool image. I especially like the guy with spikes at the left hand side.
lordsknight185 Posted - 11 Jul 2013 : 03:35:17
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I really like this image.

And, since I can't really tell with the poor quality of this work monitor... I'm assuming the background image is of the re-merging of Abeir and Toril?

technically it is an un-merging? but yes.
The Sage Posted - 11 Jul 2013 : 03:07:00
I really like this image.

And, since I can't really tell with the poor quality of this work monitor... I'm assuming the background image is of the re-merging of Abeir and Toril?
lordsknight185 Posted - 11 Jul 2013 : 02:01:23
quote:

Emma Drake Posted - 11 Jul 2013 : 00:04:24
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Emma Drake

The guy in the middle is Isteval:

http://www.gf9.com/Default.aspx?tabid=348&art_id=3903

Ouch, the official art makes Isteval look young and vibrant compared to the rough old looking miniature version of him.

I had the same thought.

The miniature seems to be somewhat more in line with the description listed of him... "Due to a grievous leg injury, Isteval's greatest quests lie behind him..." But at the same time, a relatively young person can have their adventuring career brought to a premature end by a grievous injury, so I can see how the artist and the miniature crafter might have interpreted the same text differently.
lordsknight185 Posted - 10 Jul 2013 : 23:52:25
quote:

Ouch, the official art makes Isteval look young and vibrant compared to the rough old looking miniature version of him.
Delwa Posted - 10 Jul 2013 : 21:37:51
quote:
If you click on the preorder link on the page I posted earlier, it takes you to another page (http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=79&ProductID=5460) where you can see closer images of the Isteval mini and also a short description of the character himself.

Thanks! Now to pray that someone is foolish enough to sell the mini at an affordable price. Sadly, I cannot attend.
Emma Drake Posted - 10 Jul 2013 : 19:54:19
quote:
Originally posted by Krafus

Thanks for the answer and the link, Emma Drake. Now I'm wondering if this Isteval will play a major role in the Sundering.

It has me a little more interested in the Ghost of Dragonspear Castle preview/mini-campaign (which I'm sure was the point of putting Isteval front and center of that art!).

The description of the book (found at: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4news/20130524) says that the adventures take place "against the backdrop of the Sundering." If you click on the preorder link on the page I posted earlier and scroll down, you can see closer images of the Isteval mini and also a short description of the character himself. None of those things make me think he's a huge mover and shaker in the Sundering itself, but is one of the normal people that lives in the world and changes/saves/shapes his little corner of it. I could be wrong though, that's just a guess based on the tidbits of info they have released.
Krafus Posted - 10 Jul 2013 : 19:43:24
Thanks for the answer and the link, Emma Drake. Now I'm wondering if this Isteval will play a major role in the Sundering.
Emma Drake Posted - 10 Jul 2013 : 16:18:49

Emma Drake Posted - 10 Jul 2013 : 16:16:08
quote:

The center guy actually seemed based on Bob's face, at first, to me.

I thought the same thing!
Delwa Posted - 10 Jul 2013 : 14:59:06
quote:
Originally posted by scererar

There was a recent article reflecting a mini that looks like the paladin/warlord in the center front. Complete with bone/ dragontooth/ whatever, cane. Some sort of limited edition only available if you came to the event type of thing.

Certainly! Do you have a link?
Krafus Posted - 10 Jul 2013 : 14:35:41
It's the man featured prominently in the middle, with full plate and purple cape, that I'm really curious about. I don't see him in the previous Sundering image, the one where all the protagonists of the Sundering series were pictured:

http://slushlush.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Pantheon-800x4332.jpg

So who is he? Could he be an antagonist? And what is he holding with his left hand?
scererar Posted - 10 Jul 2013 : 14:26:48
There was a recent article reflecting a mini that looks like the paladin/warlord in the center front. Complete with bone/ dragontooth/ whatever, cane. Some sort of limited edition only available if you came to the event type of thing.
Delwa Posted - 10 Jul 2013 : 04:53:53
I'm curious about the sundering globes in the background. Is that supposed to be a dragonborn battling an Archer?
BEAST Posted - 10 Jul 2013 : 04:15:08
Riddler with a "There's Something About Mary" vibe!

RLB's guy reminds me of a young Mario Van Peebles.

The center guy actually seemed based on Bob's face, at first, to me.

Drizzt's face looks photo-realistic. But I like my pointy ears more vertical, rather than horizontal. I think vertical looks more intimidating. Horizontal looks like someone's pet!

The dude next to him looks like a white-haired Professor Snapes.

Next guy looks a little like Ryan Reynolds.

I wonder how Erin's tiefling chick brushes those long locks when she has a bad hair day? Those horns!

El looks like he must've gotten another unfavorable page-count or word limit from WOTC. He looks pissed!
Entromancer Posted - 10 Jul 2013 : 03:43:14
I see Jim Carry's Riddler.
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 10 Jul 2013 : 00:31:03
My guy is second from the right with the headband and curved sword.

I thought of Green Lantern when I first saw the picture, too.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Jul 2013 : 23:50:14
Is that the Green Lantern in the pic? Between Elminster and Purple Robes?
Eilserus Posted - 09 Jul 2013 : 23:22:03
Center guy makes me think of a Purple Dragon. The bottom of his white tabard looks like there is a sun there. Lathander type perhaps?
Artemas Entreri Posted - 09 Jul 2013 : 23:07:02
The guy in the middle looks like a lawyer.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000